Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best buy = WOW

Best buy = WOW

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...86#post3583986

I had some interviews at Best Buy, and when the first technician interviewer was looking at my portfolio, he looked at my work samples and saw all my high performance rigs. He looked at me and said "youre a gamer, arent you?" and I said "I doubt theres a technician that isnt". He asked me howmany games I had and I said ive been building a collection sence MS-Dos, and I had a cd rack about as tall as the door in the room. He asked if I ever played world of warcraft, and I said I played the beta but dont have a full account. Then he said "Well, if you get hired, youre required to make a World of Warcraft account, because everyone in the PC department has one". I just started laughing and said sure thing man.

Then he started talkin about an official best buy world of warcraft server or something. I thought it was real great cuz it sorta removed some seriousness from the interview.

That was funny because me and my friend were talking about interview questions they might ask, and I said "I hope theyre stupid questions, like how to connect a monitor, lol". Then my buddy goes or "How to play CS".

Re: Best buy = WOW

last time i went to the ER, i was on the surgery stretcher with a huge swollen ear infection. Two doctors(or surgeons) were in front me chatting about world of warcraft and how they are gonna get to level 60 tonight.

sheesh! i wouldnt want those guys doing ANYTHING to me!

"listen nurse, i want you to give this man a super healing potion and a mana regen potion immediately!"

"excuse me sir?"

"i mean, 1 unit of saline and 50cc's of penicillan"

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

We should make this an official "Game Players in the most interesting places OFFICIAL THREAD" cuz I bet there are a lot of stories about it...

I found out one of our "systems" (think IT) people plays Lineage II and First-to-fight, that one squad sized RTS. I was kind of shocked since he is... "older"... and I usually assume that if your over a certian age you probably don't game at all, but not only does he play regularly, but his whole family (wife and daughter) play too.

I'm 37 and i game. Remember we were the ones that fooled with commodore 64's back in the day, and brought X86 to where it really is today. Many of us were gaming a long long time ago. Many us us are also extremely technical.

My house

Me = 22
    Mother = 48
    Fiancé = 18

We all play WOW together People walking by in the streets must be wondering whats going on - we communicate by shouting between the rooms lol.
    Athlon 64+ 3700 Sandiego
    Asus a8n sli-delux Mobo
    1gb OCZ EB Pc3200 Ram
    36Gb WD Raptor
    2x120Gb Seagate Baracudda STRIPED RAID
    7900GT XFX graphics

unsurprisingly, i had to go to the ER again within a week cause they screwed up the incision.

Us older folks still game...just not as much as you non-family aged kids PLus we need to get permission from our better half you would call them mom.

PS I'm @ 6 months shy of 40 and my wife and family can't belive that I still use every cent of gift money towards computers and/or gaming
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by s_allenx8
    People walking by in the streets must be wondering whats going on - we communicate by shouting between the rooms lol.

Now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by s_allenx8
    We all play WOW together People walking by in the streets must be wondering whats going on - we communicate by shouting between the rooms lol.
    Oh man do I have a story like that. One day I was having a cigerette wile standing in my driveway by the street, and a neighbor was walking his dog by, and he said hi, and I said hi. A second later, I hear my brother all the way from in the house on ventrillo saying "oh you F*$&@#&@ FA%*@T!" The guy started laughin and I just started shaking my head like "oh man..."

He must have been playing CS...

Rofl

Yeah, I dread to think some of the stuff that people might think. Mistells are bad enough.

One of the best ive ever seen was my mother asking someone in her group if they looted a bosses head. she misstelled into guild chat "did you get head?"

giggles galore
    Athlon 64+ 3700 Sandiego
    Asus a8n sli-delux Mobo
    1gb OCZ EB Pc3200 Ram
    36Gb WD Raptor
    2x120Gb Seagate Baracudda STRIPED RAID
    7900GT XFX graphics

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer
    last time i went to the ER, i was on the surgery stretcher with a huge swollen ear infection. Two doctors(or surgeons) were in front me chatting about world of warcraft and how they are gonna get to level 60 tonight.

Thats funny and frightening to hear at the same time . It just goes to show not to judge a book by its cover. A hot model might in fact be a hardcore gamer and marry a geek not for his money but for his geekiness and nimble fingers.

Just like when a friend of mine was being interviewed by Raven Software do to gameplay scripting for Quake 4, the job interview lasted about 15minutes but after the serious questions were asked they started to talk about games, etc and he was there for about 5 hours, and yes he did get the job!!.

^^ So who's your friend and where's the hot scoop?

My wife and I recently started playing City of Heroes together, and have been having a GREAT time. The kids come in and watch, they enjoy it more than cartoons. But I digress. Right after we started playing we were at Kroger's getting groceries and the checkout lady (mid/late 40's) was talking to the bagage kid and they were talking about when they get off work if they were going to do "DM". As a former WoW player I said "What level are you, if you try to take out Van Cleef below Level 20, you're spanked". And they both looked at me and we all started laughing. I told them not to run a "Leroy Jenkins", and we all started laughing harder. The manager came over and asked if everything was okay, and my wife stood there with a straight face (I have NO idea how she did it) and told the manager "Yeah, I was wondering if you could send Leroy Jenkins up here for a price check", he turned around and did the intercome thing "CAN LEROY JENKINS COMETO CUSTOMER SERVICE< LEROY KENKINS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE". You could HEAR people in the store start cracking up laughing. We got a questioning glance by the manager on the way out, but it was funny how many people we heard busting out laughing about it while in the store. I have given up on WoW to spend time with the wife playing CoH, she had NO interest in WoW, and we all know, "Families that game together, Stay together". Just my $.02
    AMD 64 X2 5600+ (CM Sphere) / XFX 750a SLI v1.3 Bios / 4GB Crucial PC6400 / Antec TruePower 650W PSU / BFG GTX260 OC PCIe / Maxtor 1T SATA300 / 2 X SATA DVD-RW / Vista 64bit
    in memory of my brother - dbuck1031

Going on 53 here and I game. Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Serious Sam etc. I am looking forward to Serious Sam 2.
    I love listening to the p2p types at work snivelling about getting a virus from their downloads. Especially the boss lol.
    Karmic Koala and Jaunty. Oh yeah, XP is still in there, gathering dust.