Thread: help needed

Question help needed

Hello everyone. I'm new in overcloking so I need some helps/guidances from you guys. I want to unlock my AMD 1.33ghz 266FSB cpu, and I know then by closing the L1 bridge, I can unlock it. Now my question is what about the L2, L3..L7 ? Do I have to close them too ? Do I have to connect any one of them in the L7 bridge to get the voltage I want or I just set it via my BIOS ?
    Any helps/guidances would be appreciated.
    Thanks for spending your time on this.

That CPU should already be unlocked.

yeah heard that 1.33ghz 266FSB cpu is shipped unlocked. But are you sure all of them or just some of them ?
    Anyway please help me with my question cause I want to know it even if my cpu is unlocked.
    thanks

By the way, you guys are really fast. In less than 5 minutes I already received the first reply.

Just look at the L1 bridges. They should be closed. You don't need to mess with any of the others. You can adjust the vcore voltage, FSB & multiplier in the bios if your MoBo supports it. You didn't list any other specs besides your CPU.

My 1.33 Athlon came locked

had too unlock it myself
    Dual Athlon XP 1600+
    Tyan Tiger MP
    256mb Crucial PC2100 ECC DDR Ram
    40GB Quantum Fireball 7,200rpm HD
    64mb Leadtek Winfast GeForce 3
    Hercules Game Theatre XP
    2 x 10/100 SMC Network Card
    12x 10x 32x Plextor Burnproof IDE Writer
    Cyber Fusion Server Tower
    550W Enermax PSU
    16.1" IBM Black LCD Monitor

Cool

In more detail: look at the L1 bridges VERY closely. Is there a tiny cut in the middle of each one? If there is, then the CPU is multiplier-locked, if not it is unlocked.

Now, which m/b are you using? AFAIK just about every board supports CPU voltage adjustment, so you don't need to touch the L7 bridges. They only allow the selection of 1.85V max, and your m/b will allow that anyway. If your board doesn't support multiplier adjustment then closing the L1 bridges won't have any effect. Leave all other bridges alone as well.

M

Below is my system info:
    wOAH!!!!! TuA Bai Lai LiaO aR !!!!
    sIAM aR !!!!!

So u mean if my 1.33ghz 266FSB cpu is locked, I just need to use the pencil trick to unlocked the L1 bridge and DON't mess with other bridges including the L7 bridge ? How long can this pencil trick works before I need to re-connect the L1 bridge ?
    Thanks
    wOAH!!!!! TuA Bai Lai LiaO aR !!!!
    sIAM aR !!!!!

Cool

Originally posted by Ozzy
    So u mean if my 1.33ghz 266FSB cpu is locked, I just need to use the pencil trick to unlocked the L1 bridge and DON't mess with other bridges including the L7 bridge ? How long can this pencil trick works before I need to re-connect the L1 bridge ?
    Thanks
    If it's locked then yes, you need to reconnect the L1 bridges with pencil (although I prefer conductive paint). But only if the m/b has multiplier adjustment, otherwise it's a waste of time.

As to how long it lasts; I'll leave that to someone who uses pencil to answer.

M