wohoo!,speed upgrade and i didnt even know(Adelphia)

Just thought to mention as of March 1st,Adelphia has done across the board speed upgrades.Whether it has taken effect in your area yet,you may need to check.

basic package speeds are now 4mb/512,previously 3mb/ 256.Priemier package upgrade is now 6mb/768,previously 4mb/512!!woot!!

If you havent reset your modem and stuff lately,u might wanna

*yes,i did i notice my connection has gotten very zippy lately.now i know y
    Biostar 790gx am2+
    Phenom II x4 720
    Sapphire Ati 4850(512mb)
    raid-0 x2 36gb raptors
    g.skill 2x2gb ram
    750 watt psu
    28 inch Hanns-g lcd monitor

Re: wohoo!,speed upgrade and i didnt even know(Adelphia)

For me, the up speed has defintely increased, but the down speed has yet to exceed 1.5Mbps. Still faster than the <1.0Mbps that I was getting a few months back.

Adelphia has a monopoly on high-speed internet here...DSL is limited to approx 400Kbps and does port filtering and issues an IP not accessable from the Internet.

Time Warner bumped us up to 5Mb.
    Your 512 up is sweet.
    I'm still getting about 350.

Fastest in my zip code.

Getting this on my wifes lappy over wireless network.

It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

not too bad an improvement here.I know one rarely obtains max caps unless you are lucky and on an very uncongested server node.no matter how i tweak,this is about average and i gained roughly 1mb download and 250kbs upload from this latest speed upgrade actuals

edit:dslreports is reworking their site now i thinks-

*enough for a small game server

Last edited by Banditblue; 03-06-2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Biostar 790gx am2+
    Phenom II x4 720
    Sapphire Ati 4850(512mb)
    raid-0 x2 36gb raptors
    g.skill 2x2gb ram
    750 watt psu

_Supposedly_, TimeWarner/Earthlink upgraded my area to 5Mb recently. However, I still continue to get nothing faster than normal. After having run the speedtest @ broadbandreports.com, here's my results:
    2005-03-08 09:54:47 EST: 3257 / 345
    Your download speed : 3335596 bps, or 3257 kbps.
    A 407.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 354248 bps, or 345 kbps.

I'm becoming annoyed with TW/E as ever since they announced their "paper upgrades" (i.e. looks great on paper, but can't or won't really be done in reality) my connection has become noticeably more unstable. I've had more disconnects over the last month than I have in the last year as a whole. Anyway ... I guess my point is TW/E shouldn't advertise something they can't/won't give (isn't that something called "bait and switch?"). </rant>

One thing that I could see as a possibility would be the fact that I'm using a Motorola SB4100 cablemodem. I have my Dad's Motorola SB5100 (he switched to DSL and didn't need it any more) and wonder if switching the cable modems might help my speeds???

_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_

Working in retail is a rite of passage ... into ... insanity ...

I was recently having symptoms like yours Andrew off and on for some time.there were actually quite a few things had to be done to fix it.

first off,signal strength to the modem was too high.that can only be really assessed and fixed by ISP.

second thing,i needed to reflash my router to the same latest firmware,tho that might not be part of your equation.I didnt believe that would make any difference ,but now im a believer of tech supports reccomend(or i got lucky and got a good tech,lol).some routers are also known to limit speeds.its hit and miss-

3rd thing.I now have a motorala sb5100 modem.Ive had it for a week and it doesnt seem to "loose sync" if ya wanna call it that as my previous terayon modems(3) did(or went bad,whatever)my connection has been perfectly consistant since the motorola,with slight slowdown due to normal traffic.

someone more techie may know about the SB4100,and whether its up to standards.dunno-just some thoughts
    Biostar 790gx am2+
    Phenom II x4 720
    Sapphire Ati 4850(512mb)
    raid-0 x2 36gb raptors
    g.skill 2x2gb ram
    750 watt psu

Thanks for the ideas BanditBlue

I have a Netgear FWG114P router running Firmware 2.0_10 ... has always worked well for me, so I hadn't thought about trying to flash it, but would do so as a near-last resort.

If/when I have a full day off from work, I might call TimeWarner and try to see if they'll let me try the SB5100 on my connection so I can see if it helps.

Working in retail is a rite of passage ... into ... insanity ...

Well, I am an Earthlink Cable customer...and Earthlink actually leases Time Warner's cable lines in my area (not sure if that's what they do nationwide but....).....I *had* a 3000kbps down/384kbps up connection....and we've been upgraded to a 5000kbps down connection. Not only did we get an email telling us of this, I noticed something different about 1-2 weeks prior to the email. I was downloading files at or around 600KB/sec.....and now my uploads have gone from about 38KB/sec to almost 50KB/sec.....so I am not sure what that equates to an increase in upload speed, but it's definitely been upgraded. If I want to pay an extra $25 a month, I can go to their premium service which is 8000kbps down......**drools**