Talking I need a nice BLUE UV light for my case.

I'm looking for some recomendations. It needs to be BLUE, alot of the ones I've seen that claim blue are really a purple color The reason I need it, is to light up my UV dye in my water cooling system.

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Phenom 925 X4
    MOBO: BIOSTAR A870U3
    MEM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GBx2 1333
    VGA: GTX 260
    PSU: Cougar CMX 700
    HDD: WD Black 500GB

Re: I need a nice BLUE UV light for my case.

Anyahaseyo, adashi! Stationed where in ROK?

Tell you the truth, I've never heard of a *blue* UV CCFL...

The UVs I have in my case appear as purplish when I turn them on, and they light up my UV-reactive stuff very nicely.

I've had blue CCFLs in my case as well, and they didn't really make any UV-reactive stuff "react"...

The only thing I can think of this early in the AM is to wrap blue celophane around a regular UV CCFL, to make it "bluer", but that doesn't seem right...

EDIT: Skimming thru the lighting section at xoxide, I found THIS, I think it may do what you're after...
    Last edited by Grandpa72; 03-08-2005 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Found an interesting product...
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa72
    Anyahaseyo, adashi! Stationed where in ROK?

Tell you the truth, I've never heard of a *blue* UV CCFL...

The UVs I have in my case appear as purplish when I turn them on, and they light up my UV-reactive stuff very nicely.

I've had blue CCFLs in my case as well, and they didn't really make any UV-reactive stuff "react"...

The only thing I can think of this early in the AM is to wrap blue celophane around a regular UV CCFL, to make it "bluer", but that doesn't seem right...

EDIT: Skimming thru the lighting section at xoxide, I found THIS, I think it may do what you're after...
    LOL adashi's are old though, I think? I'm in Area 1, the closest to the dmz (camp stanely to be exact). Sounds like you were there before?

Anyways that twin cathode tube looks GREAT, thanks for the help!

Camp Casey, 2/9 INF, twice... Glad I could help
    PC7B+ CM:A64X2 4200:PCP&C 510SLI: DFI nF4 SLI-DR:2x7800GTX:2x74GB Raptors-RAID 0, 120GB IDE:2x1GB Ballistix PC4000
    PC60 CM: A64 3500: Ultra XC 500W: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939: eVGA 6800GT: 80GB IDE: 4x256MB Geil Ultra PC3500

ISP Email 36-0-0 HeatWare 34-0-0 eBay 38-0-0 PimpRig.com

Just a few months ago, the wife bought me some UV kit.

Not knowing what I needed, and what colour, I ended up getting half a dozen blue, green, orange and red fans ( 6 of each that is ), and also got 4" and 12" UV tubes, as well as a load of cable ties in various colours, and also molex / ATX connectors too! - a fair bit of it all really.

They are lovely. Bit naff I have to admit, but eachpat lights up bright as hell in their own colour... The 2 rear fans are RED and BLUE, the CPU fan is Orange, the Molex connectors are green, and the wire wrap is blue for IDE, RED for RAID, GREEN for FLoppy - All looking very nice indeed.

So, yes, you can get blue fans, and the yare very bright indeed ( as long as the UV tubes are near enough, or strong enough that is - I have had to use all of my tubes to get the good effects )
    Lots of PCs

Check em out on
    www.fatrakoon.co.uk/pc

UV (black lights) will always have a purplish hue. Ultra Violet light is just above the purple
    end of the visible spectrum.

When energized, the mercury vapor inside the tube is ionized and emits ultraviolet radiation.
    This in turn causes the phosphor (a powder that gives off light) coating on the
    inside to fluoresce when stimulated by ultraviolet radiation, thus producing visible light.

BTW ...... the screen on your monitor works much the same way. Unless you
    have a flat panel of course.
    Last edited by Susquehannock; 03-15-2005 at 04:47 PM.

This is true.

The actual bulbs in my UV tubes are purple, however, nothign was actually given a purple tint... Maybe the part of the case where they were stuck down perhaps, but nothing any further than about 10mm away.

Saying that, the UV tubes I did use, were no good at shining anything over about 7-8 inches away, so I had to use a pair of 12"'s and a paif of 4"'s
    Lots of PCs

Check em out on
    www.fatrakoon.co.uk/pc

Hmm well we'll see how it works.

Its just that ive seen a couple water cooled cases and the water in the tubes had that cool light blue color from the uv dye. I hace the dye but i dont want it to show up purple!

Quote Originally Posted by 96s10
    Hmm well we'll see how it works.

Its just that ive seen a couple water cooled cases and the water in the tubes had that cool light blue color from the uv dye. I hace the dye but i dont want it to show up purple!
    It could also be the tubing itself was glowing. Some plastics will glow in UV.