probe placement for processor heat

where can i put a temperature probe to accurately gauge the processor temperature?

Which cpu are you talking about? Most socket a motherboards have thermal sensors inside the zif socket area to measure the temperature of the cpu so a temperature probe wouldn't be necessary. I bought a temperature probe for my slot a processor though. I placed mine on one of the fins on the middle of the heatsink.

its a socket motherboard and it doesnt have the censor

Hiya's,
    Best place to put a probe is inbetween the cpu/hs !!! DO NOT wedge it litterally inbetween lol you do this.........

You need to etch/scrape/dremmel a notch out in the bottom of the hs to accomodate the probe
    The ideal scenario is this.............

Sensor sits snug (thermal epoxy works) on the bottom of the hs where it will sit over the centre of the cpu core, And when heat compound is applied as normal to core the new modified hs with probe attached fits as normal on the core

Hope this makes sense

Have Fun

Happy OC'ing

Tit

EDIT.......... when i say thermal epoxy i don't mean smoother the darn probe with it lol just use a bit to hold her to the hs !!! or else you won't get true temp readings

Tit