View Poll Results: Should the Congress pass special legislation in an effort to restore the feeding tube

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 21.05%
  • No

45 78.95%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

wants her life insurance $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A certified nursing assistant who cared for Terri Schiavo in 1997 filed a sworn affidavit...
    Heidi Law, a CNA at the Palm Gardens nursing home, testified: Michael Schiavo was focused on Terri's death," the RN noted. "Michael would say 'When is she going to die?' 'Has she died yet?' and 'When is that bitch gonna die?'"
    BBC: Undercover UK Mosque
    Part 1Part 2
    Part 3Part 4
    Part 5Part 6

Re: Should Congress pass special legislation in the Schiavo right-to-die case?

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^^For me what it gets to? Wouldnt a reasonable man want or even insist on a court ordered double check on his decisions? I sure wouldnt want to make life or death decisions if I felt maybe my position were in doubt.[possible contridiction or conflict of interest]...even if it were only a perception. I wouldnt want the slightest rumor that my involvement might be biased.

EDIT: End of the legal road so far as I know

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151347,00.html
    I'm with ya on this jimz. Perception aside, I personally would want to make certain (for my own consciense) that her rights and wishes were being protected.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

So are you going to post anything beyond melodramatic tripe, uncleel? Or would you prefer to continue not basing your accusations on good medicine and science?
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

BBC: Undercover UK Mosque
    Part 1Part 2
    Part 3Part 4
    Part 5Part 6

Id sure be wary of a society that based itself soley on good medicine and science.
    Jeez. Good medicine and science may well be able to predict future disease at the time of birth...and allow us to weed out the high risk groups of children....all in the name of good medicine and science.

Orangutan,

I guess he's not. It's easy for the ignorant to just make inflamatory remarks and not try to explain them. As for science and medicine, I love how some people are so quick to dismiss both as rubbish yet they'll certainly hop onto a big tin can that flies through the air or head in for heart surgery after tests reveal they'll probably die otherwise from heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by DHutson
    I'm with ya on this jimz. Perception aside, I personally would want to make certain (for my own consciense) that her rights and wishes were being protected.
    It's been 15 years and 15 judges and 35 appeals and motions, where's the doubt at? Most of this stuff written in this thread about Mike S. is unsubstantiated right-wing crap.

Lates poll: 80% of American feel that the Bush Admin. and The Congress should stay out of this case.
    Last edited by Hefner; 03-24-2005 at 03:55 PM.

PQ5-EM/E7200 Intel/Bios .0204 9.5x 345mhz @3.3Ghz
    PC6400 Corsair 2GB, Stock HSF
    Cooler Master 201, Enermax 495AX-VE
    200GB Hitachi SATA, 120 GB WD
    BenQ DW1620 DVDr

What I feel is right or wrong has nothing to do with polls. You seem to have missed the arguement that this is basically the husbands take...no real proof. Would you convict an accused murderer on this basis?[heresay]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-24-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Well 15 judges felt his word was good enough.

PQ5-EM/E7200 Intel/Bios .0204 9.5x 345mhz @3.3Ghz
    PC6400 Corsair 2GB, Stock HSF
    Cooler Master 201, Enermax 495AX-VE
    200GB Hitachi SATA, 120 GB WD
    BenQ DW1620 DVDr

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    Orangutan,

It's easy for the ignorant to just make inflamatory remarks and not try to explain them. As for science and medicine, I love how some people are so quick to dismiss both as rubbish yet they'll certainly hop onto a big tin can that flies through the air or head in for heart surgery after tests reveal they'll probably die otherwise from heart disease.
    Who is dismissing science or medicine? I sure didnt. Or is that what you thought I said?

There is no doubt that she will die.

I did approve (reluctanly) that congress should let a federal judge have a go; but for crying out loud let it go.

Isn't god watching? when we ALL die; the great I am will decide who's right........
    Well, that is a given.

And we do all die. That is not really the point. The point is does your spouse or a judge have the right do decide if you should live or die?

I say no.

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    Orangutan,

I guess he's not. It's easy for the ignorant to just make inflamatory remarks and not try to explain them. As for science and medicine, I love how some people are so quick to dismiss both as rubbish yet they'll certainly hop onto a big tin can that flies through the air or head in for heart surgery after tests reveal they'll probably die otherwise from heart disease.
    How is his post ignorant, afal? If Michael said those things, it certainly puts him in an untenable situation to decide on the fate of Terri Schiavo.

The question you and Orang SHOULD have asked is whether the nurse was lying, or whether the post is a fake, rather than namecalling and pseudo-insulting.

I expect that from Orang, not from you.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Well, that is a given.

And we do all die. That is not really the point. The point is does your spouse or a judge have the right do decide if you should live or die?

I say no.
    The whole thing is troubling to me. I sure don't want to see congress trying to run our private affairs, I do want to see disabled citizens rights protected & I can appreciate the husbands right to protect his wifes wishes in this. It's an awful situation really.

The comments were to the fact that a Federal Judge had his say in the matter (no small thing) I think the beer fogged it up though.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

It is sad that if we find Michael Schiavo as such a phoney to the point that we are willing to let his rights as a husband get trampled.
    What rights? The right to decide if his wife should live or die? Shoot, no wonder OJ and Robert Blake got off scott free. In America, it is open season on the wife, since that is the "husband's right". I suppose that is in the constitution too?

The whole thing is troubling to me. I sure don't want to see congress trying to run our private affairs, I do want to see disabled citizens rights protected & I can appreciate the husbands right to protect his wifes wishes in this. It's an awful situation really.

The comments were to the fact that a Federal Judge had his say in the matter (no small thing) I think the beer fogged it up though.
    She basically is no longer his wife - she's an inconvienence. He has already moved on with what amounts to a common law wife and children, she is an impediment for him to re-marry, killing her removes that. His suddenly remebering her wishes coupled with just his brother ans sister-in-law supposedly hearing her give such a "will" is what's troubling, because he remembered right after he moved on, and his new squeeze was with child. The first case (which ALL subsequent rulings have been based on) are sealed, why is that?