View Poll Results: Should the Congress pass special legislation in an effort to restore the feeding tube

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 21.05%
  • No

45 78.95%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Re: Should Congress pass special legislation in the Schiavo right-to-die case?

Man some of you guys are touchy about all this. We see a case thats similar and pause...sorta scratch our heads in wonder....and some of you wont even "hear" the possibility.....that perhaps the case in Florida "may" have turned out differently if drug therapy had been tried. Must be nice to have unwaivering faith in what was decided....to be that convinced.
    Oh well. I didnt buy the Warren Report either.

Another article to read concerning Terri Schiavo is by Fr. Frank Pavone who spent five hours, of her last 14 hours, with her up to five minutes before she died.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/euthan...finalhours.htm

So, of course, this priest is a better diagnostician than a neurologist? I think not. I do think that he is a liar and attempting to be a persuasive speaker and, if you bothered to read the piece closely enough, you might have picked up on that. Btw, among the lies he told...this "health care proxy" he mentioned? That's what spouses are...unless, of course, you happen to disagree with their position, in which case, they are agents of the culture of death.
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.

Why is this still a topic? She's dead. Politicians failed to uphold moral values, and do their job, and instead, have once again deferred to the liberal courts for guidance. This is beginning to be rather OLD news, now!

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Why is this still a topic?
    So it doesn't happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Why is this still a topic? She's dead. Politicians failed to uphold moral values, and do their job, and instead, have once again deferred to the liberal courts for guidance. This is beginning to be rather OLD news, now!
    I dunno why does your sig still have this topic in it?

Quote Originally Posted by clement
    I dunno why does your sig still have this topic in it?
    LOL. Touche. I'm just too busy to change it!

PS.........happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3
    So, of course, this priest is a better diagnostician than a neurologist? I think not. I do think that he is a liar and attempting to be a persuasive speaker and, if you bothered to read the piece closely enough, you might have picked up on that. Btw, among the lies he told...this "health care proxy" he mentioned? That's what spouses are...unless, of course, you happen to disagree with their position, in which case, they are agents of the culture of death.
    Is Judge Greer or George Felos a better diagnostician? When George Felos states that Terri Schiavo has never looked so radiant after ten days of dehydration and starvation, who is lying or who is bothering to pay attention? The priest is not making a medical diagnosis but he is making an observation. When you have a six year old child watch an ultrasound of his pregnant mother and he sees his little brother kicking and squirming in his mother's womb is he going to say, "Look at the fetus that is not yet human." or is he going to tell his classmates that he saw his little brother?

What is Fr. Pavone lying about? Are you saying it wasn't a vase of roses but it was tulips or that it was a single unarmed security guard instead of an armed police officer in the room? If you don't think there was a concerted movement behind the killing of Terri Schiavo you are mistaken. Read about Norma McCorvey and how she was used to establish abortion on demand and about Bernard Nathanson, M.D. who was a founding member of NARAL and how he states that many things were made up by NARAL to have abortion legalized.

People cannot recognize evil in the world when they don't believe in God or the devil, when they don't even believe in the spiritual. An interesting thread would be why do people have spiritual conversions? These people are humming along and then wham, a belief in God occurs, a spiritual crossroads where a real decision has to be made. Why? Are they in a moment of weakness and succumb to the mythology of Christianity or do they become further hardened in disbelief in God?

So, I guess by "people", you mean you...you can't recognize evil when you don't believe in the god and the devil. Yet, I presume you believe your god gave everyone a brain and recgonition is a function of the brain and recognition of concepts such as good and evil are functions of the cerebral cortex but nobody's cerebral cortex functions as well as yours if they don't believe in god and the devil and there is no other truth but what you think your god says, etc., etc.,.....so, tell me. What made the followers of the other over 1300 gods in human history wrong? And, of course, you would be remiss if you didn't mention that your god says so...just like any other believer in any other god would say about you and yours...
    And, why are you asking about what lies he told? I gave you one already. Do you mean to tell me you were so enamored with the piece or the position or overwhelmed with emotion that you ignored where he said she was not on life support? A feeding tube is life support. He stated that Terri was responding to questions by her mother but, in truth, he has no idea what was going on in her mind. He drew a conclusion and chose to dismiss and ignore the medical evidence. He even admitted his prejudice in the first paragraph. Everybody who didn't, or doesn't believe, as he does is part of the conspiracy of the "culture of death"..., etc., etc....
    Critical reasoning and critical reading are also supposed to be functions of the cerebral cortex. But, they are also learned skills. So are persuasive writing and speaking. But, a failure to employ critical reasoning is the only reason why his statement might succeed as being perceived as persuasive.
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.

she's back! and what a catchy title! have i got everyone's attention!

Schiavo autopsy finds no sign of trauma

An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband's contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday. It also found no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused.

But what caused her collapse 15 years earlier remained a mystery. The autopsy and post-mortem investigation found no proof that she had an eating disorder, as was suspected at the time, Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner Jon Thogmartin said

She died from dehydration, Thogmartin said. He said she did not appear to have suffered a heart attack and there was no evidence that she was given harmful drugs or other substances prior to her death.

He said that after her feeding tube was removed, she would not have been able to eat or drink if she had been given food by mouth, as her parents' requested.

"Removal of her feeding tube would have resulted in her death whether she was fed or hydrated by mouth or not," Thogmartin told reporters.

He also said she was blind, because the "vision centers of her brain were dead," and that her brain was about half of its expected size when she died 13 days following the feeding tube's removal.
    The medical examiner's conclusions countered a videotape released by the Schindlers of Terri Schiavo in her hospice bed. The video showed Schiavo appearing to turn toward her mother's voice and smile, moaning and laughing. Her head moved up and down and she seemed to follow the progress of a brightly colored Mickey Mouse balloon.

They believed her condition could improve with therapy.

However, doctors said her reactions were automatic responses and not evidence of thought or consciousness, and Thogmartin's report went farther.

"The brain weighed 615 grams, roughly half of the expected weight of a human brain," he said. "This damage was irreversible, and no amount of therapy or treatment would have regenerated the massive loss of neurons."

Thogmartin said the autopsy report was based on 274 external and internal body images, and an exhaustive review of Terri Schiavo's medical records, police reports and social services agency records.

bb