View Poll Results: Death Penalty For Murderers Under 18?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Let 'em Fry!

12 30.00%
  • No: They're children.

8 20.00%
  • Yes: It depends on the situation.

16 40.00%
  • Other: Explain

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Death Penalty For Murderers Under 18?

What do you guys think? Death Penalty for the people who committed the 1500 murders last year even though they were minors? And keep in mind, the amount murdered in last year along exceeds how many troops that died while freeing the Iraqi people in the past TWO years.

Btw.... i'm suprised that this isn't reported more.

Actually... i'm not. Why? Because its not part of the Anti-Bush agenda.

Re: Death Penalty For Murderers Under 18?

Yeah let em fry. If your 17 and you murder someone your just as crazy as if your 18.

let them fry

Recently, a 9 year old boy was found guilty of murdering his 7 yr old brother, What then? BD51
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDY51
    Recently, a 9 year old boy was found guilty of murdering his 7 yr old brother, What then? BD51
    Fry the son of a bitch. Unless it was some kind of crazy accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog
    Fry the son of a bitch. Unless it was some kind of crazy accident.
    QFT

if they are old enough to kill someone, they are old enough to be killed.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by Bugalaman
    let them fry
    ...wonders how Bugalaman would feel if it was his 17 year old about to be fried?

They had a big write up in the AZ republic not to long ago about these death row babies.
    A little bio of the charming things they did to get to where they are.

Frightening...the things people can do to each other. No remorse or any sort of clue as to how decent people get along.

Sorry, no hope for them. Slide the needle in and be done with them.

Fry them...so to speak...thier wastin air and food.

Other. I am against the death penalty period.

So a 3 year old kills an infant. You want him strapped to the chair?

Regardless, I advocate legal guardians sharing equal punishment for crimes committed by their charges.

Quote Originally Posted by h_a_
    ...wonders how Bugalaman would feel if it was his 17 year old about to be fried?
    Exactly. The "pro" side on this issue is very quiet when you raise that spectre.

Nonetheless, people simply have no comprehension of true justice. In our rampant desire to try, convict, and punish, true justice is the first casualty. Simply put, humans are in NO position to arbitrate justice, and by extension, decide who is fit and who is not, to live or die.

The real point of our criminal justice system should merely focus on protecting society from dangerous offenders, and to provide, to the best extent possible, hold them accountable.

Both of these measures are met when any dangerous offender is tried, convicted, and incarcerated.

At this point, with the threat to society removed, capital punishment fails to any longer serve any purpose, but to exact revenge. By killing a person in such an essentially helpless manner violates any logical or moral barrier on the value of human life.

If one can artibrarily make judgements on the value of a life, what makes any judgement any more valuable than the next? You quickly slide down a slippery slope, and we see that in our society today, with the existence of abortion, the push for euthanasia, and of course with the death penalty.

This is no way somehow condones such acts of violence. These are reprehensible acts, w/o a doubt, but no matter of justice is served by condemning helpless ppl to die. It is a gross violation of perhaps the only ephemeral right we truly have, and that is the right to life. To deny anyone that right is simply unconscienable.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Exactly. The "pro" side on this issue is very quiet when you raise that spectre.
    Justice should not be decided by relationship. If I believe a person to have committed a crime worthy of death then they are worthy of death IMHO regardless of their relationship to me. If my mother bomb a building killing 20 something people and causing millions of dollars in damage then she deserves the death penalty. That's not a fun thought, but if my mother acts with responsibility, she'll never make her son have to deal with that!

Simply put, humans are in NO position to arbitrate justice
    So we should just do away with the whole justice system. I mean, who am I to say you're guilty just because we have your fingerprints on the murder weapon, an eye witness that saw you at the crime scene, and your blood also at the crime scene. All that means absolutely nothing. I say lay the entire police force off permanently. Get rid of all lawyers, defense and prosecution, and do away with the court system. We aren't capable of handing out 100% accurate justice so we should not be involved in justice at all!!!!

At this point, with the threat to society removed, capital punishment fails to any longer serve any purpose, but to exact revenge.
    Ever heard of a prisoner escaping? Getting paroled? Serving their sentence and coming back out into society and committing the same crime again? Or even worse, a more severe crime?

These are reprehensible acts, w/o a doubt, but no matter of justice is served by condemning helpless ppl to die.
    Tell a person with a gun to your head or a knife to your throat that they are HELPLESS.

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    So a 3 year old kills an infant. You want him strapped to the chair?
    He doesn't have the mental capacity at 3 more than likely (if he did, go right ahead and fry him, age shouldn't matter, but chances are that is not the case in a 3 year old), I doubt you would be able to get a jury to convict anything more than manslaughter for a 3 year old anyways, if at all (Jeez convicting a 3year old of ANYTHING has to be near impossible). Anyone regardless of age, who has mental capacity should be subject to the death penalty. That is why we don't practice executing the insane(that is if they plead insane and can prove it). Age does not give you mental capacity, therefore age should not be a clear cut case. Treat theese "kids" as an adult for commiting an adult crime, if they don't want to be executed, do the same thing you would do for an adult, prove lack of mental capacity then lock'em up for a LONG LONG time.
    Last edited by clement; 03-22-2005 at 02:54 PM.