View Poll Results: Spend on gas per month these days?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • $50 or less

19 30.65%
  • $100 - 200

29 46.77%
  • $200 - 300

9 14.52%
  • $300 +

5 8.06%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow How much do oyu spend on gas/mo.?

That's petrol/gas/gasoline/fuel.

I just tallied to try to find the hole in my checking account and guess what, $365 and that was a few days short of a full month.

I dare you to look at just how much it costs you! I use a card so it was relatively simple to be accurate.

I couldn't believe it. I thought it would be mid 200's. No wonder I'm broke. And I haven't bought a vid card in over a year!
    Last edited by ripple; 03-22-2005 at 09:01 PM. Reason: CUZ I FELT LIKE IT!

Primary System:
    Gigabyte K8N Ultra SLI, Opteron 170 Denmark, 1GB Geil Golden Dragon DDR400
    TT Tsunami series Mid-tower w/ Antec 550W PSU, Win Xp home/Mandrake 10.2 RC2 x86-64
    2,count'em 2 Gigabyte 7900 GS's , Samsung SyncMaster 710 MP LCD/TV Monitor
    2 x Maxtor 80 GB SATA RAID 0, Lite-on DVD/R-W, Pine DVD/CD
    Audigy 2 Zs Gamer, Cambridge DTT 2500, D-Link 704 UP Router, Belkin 1200VA UPS
    TM Cougar HOTAS, MOMO Force wheel, Gravis Game Pad Pro's, Virtual Reality Intercourse Adapter

Re: How much do oyu spend on gas/mo.?

$20ish a week usually. It took me $22 to fill my car up to a full tank from a quarter tank today with premium. Gas prices were as high as $2.47 for shell vpower. I get about 20-24mpg city 27-29 highway. Lately its been closer to like 18-19 city because ive been uhh racing a lot...

I was on empty today and spent $37.00 to top it off with 91 octane "premium" fuel.

I go through about 4-5 tanks per month depending on how busy I am with work. My Audi gets pretty good mileage too. Around 28-33mpg on the highway and around 20-23mpg around town depending on how "spirited" my driving is.

I'm really getting sick of these gas prices. We MUST build more refineries in this country. We're at capacity and the demand is only growing more and more due to the SUV craze and increasing population.

Supply of oil is not the issue or is its price per barrel. Its the refinining capacity of the nation...

Quote Originally Posted by ripple
    That's petrol/gas/gasoline/fuel.

I just tallied to try to find the hole in my checking account and guess what, $365 and that was a few days short of a full month.

I dare you to look at just how much it costs you! I use a card so it was relatively simple to be accurate.

I couldn't believe it. I thought it would be mid 200's. No wonder I'm broke. And I haven't bought a vid card in over a year!
    You must either drive a LOT or live in Europe. I spend around $160 a month or less, and I drive one of those dreaded V8 powered SUV's!

All of the data I've been reading from economists is showing oil hitting over $80 a barrel and gas hitting $3.50 a gallon in the US by the end of next year. If this happens we can kiss any chance of a good economy good-bye. We can blame China for this one as they are really adding the cars over there. By 2010 India will have 36 times more cars than it did in 1990. China will have 90 times more cars by then, and by 2030 it will have more cars than the US!

China is really starting to compete with the US for oil reserves and the proof is in the higher prices we are seeing at the pump. They are also going after natural gas. Think your heating bill is high now? Unfortunately you haven't seen anything yet.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    I was on empty today and spent $37.00 to top it off with 91 octane "premium" fuel.
    My premium is 93 Plus thats a pretty big tank for that car O.o

$30 ish. My Jetta gets good mileage (not as good as the turbo model), but I take public transit to work. Less stressful, quicker and I can read on the way. Most of the places I go during the week mean that I don't want to drive home. I mostly use it on the weekends.

We need to raise the fleet fuel economy standards. Poeple's dependance on gas guzzling vehicles makes this country just too prone to recessions due to fuel prices.

The price at the pump is far more related to our refining capability than in oil supply.

If these gas prices go up a little more, i'll be in the $200-$300 block. Car gets good mileage, 200hp Chevy V6 gets 29mpg, but the GF works about an hour drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    I'm really getting sick of these gas prices. We MUST build more refineries in this country. We're at capacity and the demand is only growing more and more due to the SUV craze and increasing population.

Supply of oil is not the issue or is its price per barrel. Its the refinining capacity of the nation...
    At these prices, we should see some domestic entrepreneurs opening plants soon enough.

I get roughly 15-17mpg (I attribute some of this to a vacuum leak that I think I have...so I should be getting better when I fix it), so I spend about $100 a month on gas...

I don't drive that far , school is a mile away and work is 2 miles away...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

how much does filling up my bike cost

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I'm gassing up two vehicles. Both get about 20mpg.

Primary System:
    Gigabyte K8N Ultra SLI, Opteron 170 Denmark, 1GB Geil Golden Dragon DDR400
    TT Tsunami series Mid-tower w/ Antec 550W PSU, Win Xp home/Mandrake 10.2 RC2 x86-64
    2,count'em 2 Gigabyte 7900 GS's , Samsung SyncMaster 710 MP LCD/TV Monitor
    2 x Maxtor 80 GB SATA RAID 0, Lite-on DVD/R-W, Pine DVD/CD
    Audigy 2 Zs Gamer, Cambridge DTT 2500, D-Link 704 UP Router, Belkin 1200VA UPS
    TM Cougar HOTAS, MOMO Force wheel, Gravis Game Pad Pro's, Virtual Reality Intercourse Adapter

i spend about $120 a month for gas. my olds gets good gas mileage even though shes a boat. im not sure how good it is, but i drive 33 miles one way to work each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    PCPer CAN'T have a dollar value attached. For those of us, PcPer is worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD
    how much does filling up my bike cost
    at my gas station it's i think $1 to use the air compressor

My Games Updated 9/12/05

20 every day or second day

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    20 every day or second day
    Holy crap dood. Either you drive a Hummer or you just never stop driving! Are you driving right now?