Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Classic Arcade Machines?

I'm going to an arcade machine auction on saturday to hopefully pick up a game for our new house @ school next year. Unfortunately I dont have a ton of money $500 limit probably, maybe a bit less. Anywho, what are some good maybe not so well known classic arcade machines? Either multiplayer, or addicting single player. Since i got 2 other housemates to play with

Any suggestions at all would really help, I'm only familiar with a few old ones, ie donkey kong, pac man, tnmt, gauntlet, captian america.

Re: Classic Arcade Machines?

try the fighting ones,like double dragon or racing ones..id go with first choice to,u guys well be hooked for hours.
    thnks

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

sPaCe InVaDeRs!!!! omfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog
    sPaCe InVaDeRs!!!! omfg.
    That deserves a QFT!!!!

My Games Updated 9/12/05

contra, maybe not so much replay value, but who doesn't love contra?

saw a contra cabinet sitting out on the curb of someones lawn by my house a while back, wish i had grabbed it.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Fun multiplayer: SuperSprint, Rampart, perhaps Gauntlet, Track & Field, Hypersports, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    try the fighting ones,like double dragon or racing ones..id go with first choice to,u guys well be hooked for hours.
    thnks
    !@@#%$&^!%@& You stole the words from my mouth! It's been my dream since I was 7 to have one of those in my house. I just played through it not 4 days ago in MAME! That game seriously rocks my socks right the hell off and down the street.

If you want ultimate multiplayer get the X Men 6 player dual screen setup Otherwise try using this page. Definitely some hot tips there.

http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/cab.html
    Quote Originally Posted by SuBX3r0
    saw a contra cabinet sitting out on the curb of someones lawn by my house a while back, wish i had grabbed it.
    You, sir, should be publically flogged.

Raiden DX

I'd look for a Tempest machine if it were me.

Coin-Op museum index
    Last edited by DHutson; 03-23-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

Bloodstorm
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Bah I'm more of a pinball guy. That and that Shuffleboard Bowling. Got a few pinball machines and the bowling machine my basement. Fun games those are.

But if you are going the arcade game route, my God X-men....woot! X-men and Teenage mutant ninja turtles gobbled up more of my quarters than any other games I think. The thing is though a lot of those arcade games made it to the nintendo and ended up getting played out for me
    Last edited by clement; 03-23-2005 at 09:27 PM.

For $500 I'd try to spend bare bones on a decent arcade enclosure and gut it. Install an old-dog computer running MAME and a new CRT. If you want to go all the way, then you rig up the old controls to the PC. Why limit yourself to one game?

Quote Originally Posted by myv65
    For $500 I'd try to spend bare bones on a decent arcade enclosure and gut it. Install an old-dog computer running MAME and a new CRT. If you want to go all the way, then you rig up the old controls to the PC. Why limit yourself to one game?
    Thought about that..just not as cool. Maybe a future project. Dunno how to hookup the coin thing...however its probably not ALL that difficult. If its electric i can figger it out.

Was searchin through klov.com or whatever, forgot about smash tv....i hope they have that...but contra is very tempting too, completely forgot about that game.....or any fighting game. *sigh*.....this could be fun. Gotta get off work first. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Time Crisis Time Crisis Time Crisis
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

http://www.grandrapidsnightout.com/dining

"arcade machine auction on saturday"
    where IS THAT?

When i'm rich, i'm going to OWN all my old time favorites..

Nothin like a thread like this to bring back my ChildHood..
    AHHH the memories

Gauntlet and Track and field(4 player flat table version) are AWesome multiplayer games.
    Double Dribble, Royal Rumble(i think it was called that...multiplayer wrestling)