Bad Trader On Ebay

this guy is a troll.im in contact with the other sellers,and its the same thing,except the newest victim..he might bsee it too in a day or so..
    his ebay info says one thing,paypal shipping addy/name another..i shouldve been more carefull,plz dont sell to this idiot if he happens to buy something from you.
    thnks
    ebay info ..

ontact Information for sonnyvolara :

User ID: sonnyvolara
    Name: Sonny Volara
    Company:
    City: Edmonton
    State: AB
    Phone: (780) 251-1142
    Registered Since: Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 14:05:28
    PST

paypal..

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay Payment Received (ID # 52N98362ED3399258)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
    $441.44 USD
    Fee Amount:
    -$13.10 USD
    Net Amount:
    $428.34 USD
    Date:
    Mar. 28, 2005
    Time:
    15:13:44 PST
    Held

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
    6754636250 IBM T21 NOTEBOOK 800MHZ/14"/192MB/20GB/DVD-CDRW 1 $424.44 USD $424.44 USD

Shipping & Handling via Standard Delivery
    (includes any seller handling fees) $17.00 USD
    Shipping Insurance (included): --

Total: $441.44 USD

Seller Protection Policy:
    Ineligible

Shipping Address:

Steve Kecher
    1488 Catharine Ave
    Winnipeg, MB R3E1V8
    Canada
    Unconfirmed

Payment From:
    aston miller (The sender of this payment is Non-U.S. - Unverified)
    Buyer's ID:
    sonnyvolara
    Buyer's Email:
    astonmiller@hotmail.com
    Payment Sent to:

stefan_celmare2002@yahoo.com

Payment Type:
    Instant

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 28, 2005 Payment From aston miller Held ... $441.44 USD

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 30, 2005 Temporary Hold By PayPal Placed Details -$441.44 USD

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Re: Bad Trader On Ebay

took ebay a little while to shut it down..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...id=sonnyvolara

still no update on the package...

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Here is your first clue that he was shady:

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 14:05:28

If someone registered just before winning your auction, and it was for an item you couldn't afford to get scammed for, then do not sell it to them.

As an Ebay SELLER, you are not obligated to accept payment from any winning bidder. Only the reverse is true. The best way to avoid this is to tell people if they have low feedback and/or just registered in the last 3 months, don't bother bidding as you reserve the right to cancel their bid or relist the item.

I can't say I don't take risks, because I do sell to international bidders & PayPal won't cover that. But it is best to let them know in your item description that you will take every necessary precaution to ensure they do not scam you...this includes shipping confirmation, keeping printed records of succesful delivery from website tracking, and other such paperwork.

Also, make 2 PayPal accounts (this is allowed if you follow my directions). Make your first one a premier or business account by upgrading it if you haven't already. Once you have a premier or business account, you are allowed to open up a new personal account. Use this personal account for your auctions, which will force them to pay cash. If they try to pay to that account with credit card or debit card, then you will have to accept or deny the upgrade to a premier or business account to accept the payment. What this does, in essence, is allow you to determine who is using a credit card. Why is this important? Well if they pay by a stolen credit card & you promptly deliver, then PayPal will promptly inform you that you were paid with a stolen credit card & take that money back out of your account. Then you're out on the money & the item you sent. So, if they pay to your premier or business account, you wait 5 business days to send out the item.

Also, if you sell internationally, let them know they will be responsible for all taxes, duties, & other customs; and be sure to let them know they will be responsible for the full amount of shipping if it turns out to be more than your estimate. If you send internationally, it is a good idea to get insurance if the item is over $50 or $100. This way if they tell PayPal it didn't show up you can go to the mail organization you sent it from & file for an insurance claim.

Shipping is kind of tricky, but this is what works for me. If it is inside the US, I use FedEx because they are the cheapest. If you need to ship outside the US, USPS seems to be the cheapest. Now if you're shipping something small then ship it in a buble mailer (you can buy them for around 50 cents to a couple of dollars depending on size. I shipped a bubble mailer to Ireland for like $4 from the USPS. A key to shipping is to make sure you're not delivering from a delivery retail store. With FedEx you can check your local store at their website, but it's pretty easy to tell in general. UPS Store will charge you double what FedEx (non-retail) will charge you to ship in the US.

I hope this helps you to protect yourself in future Ebay deals. Make sure you are watching out for yourself, because Ebay & PayPal won't. Check your winning bidder's feedback. If they have 5 positive feedbacks & 4 of them are no longer registered users, it's a good bet that they are a scammer. Refuse to ship to people who are not either verified or confirmed. Tell people you will offer a $5 discount if they have over 100 positive feedbacks & win your auction. Things like this will go a long way to protecting yourself & helping the Ebay community to thrive.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by DerekUGA
    Here is your first clue that he was shady:

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 14:05:28

If someone registered just before winning your auction, and it was for an item you couldn't afford to get scammed for, then do not sell it to them.

As an Ebay SELLER, you are not obligated to accept payment from any winning bidder. Only the reverse is true. The best way to avoid this is to tell people if they have low feedback and/or just registered in the last 3 months, don't bother bidding as you reserve the right to cancel their bid or relist the item.

I can't say I don't take risks, because I do sell to international bidders & PayPal won't cover that. But it is best to let them know in your item description that you will take every necessary precaution to ensure they do not scam you...this includes shipping confirmation, keeping printed records of succesful delivery from website tracking, and other such paperwork.

Also, make 2 PayPal accounts (this is allowed if you follow my directions). Make your first one a premier or business account by upgrading it if you haven't already. Once you have a premier or business account, you are allowed to open up a new personal account. Use this personal account for your auctions, which will force them to pay cash. If they try to pay to that account with credit card or debit card, then you will have to accept or deny the upgrade to a premier or business account to accept the payment. What this does, in essence, is allow you to determine who is using a credit card. Why is this important? Well if they pay by a stolen credit card & you promptly deliver, then PayPal will promptly inform you that you were paid with a stolen credit card & take that money back out of your account. Then you're out on the money & the item you sent. So, if they pay to your premier or business account, you wait 5 business days to send out the item.

Also, if you sell internationally, let them know they will be responsible for all taxes, duties, & other customs; and be sure to let them know they will be responsible for the full amount of shipping if it turns out to be more than your estimate. If you send internationally, it is a good idea to get insurance if the item is over $50 or $100. This way if they tell PayPal it didn't show up you can go to the mail organization you sent it from & file for an insurance claim.

Shipping is kind of tricky, but this is what works for me. If it is inside the US, I use FedEx because they are the cheapest. If you need to ship outside the US, USPS seems to be the cheapest. Now if you're shipping something small then ship it in a buble mailer (you can buy them for around 50 cents to a couple of dollars depending on size. I shipped a bubble mailer to Ireland for like $4 from the USPS. A key to shipping is to make sure you're not delivering from a delivery retail store. With FedEx you can check your local store at their website, but it's pretty easy to tell in general. UPS Store will charge you double what FedEx (non-retail) will charge you to ship in the US.

I hope this helps you to protect yourself in future Ebay deals. Make sure you are watching out for yourself, because Ebay & PayPal won't. Check your winning bidder's feedback. If they have 5 positive feedbacks & 4 of them are no longer registered users, it's a good bet that they are a scammer. Refuse to ship to people who are not either verified or confirmed. Tell people you will offer a $5 discount if they have over 100 positive feedbacks & win your auction. Things like this will go a long way to protecting yourself & helping the Ebay community to thrive.

Derek
    ---I forgot one other point. Do NOT leave feedback until the 60 day period, because then you can leave proper feedback if they try to dispute scam you later on down the road. Notice how your buyer got 4 positive feedbacks from people who probably got ripped off by him. That is a huge mistake people are making when selling. Also, if they pay by credit card, tell them they will get no feedback due to the large amount of credit card scammers. The only person you can trust on Ebay is YOU.

good advise

thnks for the advice(s),but a loot of noobs buy these days
    the first time i was scammed by someone with i think 100 or 200 + feedbacks...this oen didnt seem particularly shady,kept getting + by the day...
    then i got scammed by a seller,but taht was offebay and unprotected of course...
    also,i think the personal account has limited ammount of funds it can receive per month,plus shipping same day helps a lot(first scammer ...2-3 weeks later paypal took the money,this one was like next day..if only i wouldve been late..which unfortunately this time didnt happen lol..the paypal action came in the morning,but the parcel already left...)
    the only thing that this one,if i think better now,had "strange" is teh lack of communication,but taht too happens a lot.30% or more of the buyers will never ask anything or much at all...
    had one guy buy a douzen or so,got the check in teh mail and tahts it..i dont think he ever replied back,not even to complain about a missed scratch liek usually happens when ppl are extremely-picky

of no board