Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Re: how about some tournys and prizes?

Gotta say that I've always enjoyed tourneys, even though we don't play them often. BUT I'm not a fan of individual tourneys. Usually the winner can be picked before the tourney even starts. There far too much variability in everyone's playing abilities to make it fun for all.

Having said that, I'll still play an individual tourney.

Trouble with team based tourneys is always the organizing. I think the best way is to get a few big teams, and then hope that enough folks turn up to make it worthwhile. that's always the trouble - making sure folks turn up when they say they will

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Quote Originally Posted by jonny roggles
    Jailbreak tourney would be fun..... I may have something to contribute as a prize....
    I still haven't played jailbreak. But I'm game to try anything.....

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    Gotta say that I've always enjoyed tourneys, even though we don't play them often. BUT I'm not a fan of individual tourneys. Usually the winner can be picked before the tourney even starts. There far too much variability in everyone's playing abilities to make it fun for all.
    That's why we are aiming to have more frequent mini-tournies. We should have time to have some solo and team based games, but the aim will be to not have them drag out over the course of a few months as they have in the past. Interest is always high in the beginning, but then flags after (seemingly) nothing changes. This first solo tourney is aimed at being over in one night, or weekend at most. The next game we play will be Team based (not necessarily UT either ) and may be spread over the course of a few weekends.
    If this one doesn't excite you, wait till the next, because it shouldn't be that long.

also, the tournies should be carried out over several days.. possibly with "qualifying" rounds so that people can turn up when its more convenient. for instance, i know theres several people who can never make saturday games, theres also several that can never make sunday games, and still more that can never make monday games. why not have 3 days of qualifying rounds or first rounds where you play a match on a given day to minimize the impact if you cant make one specific day..

just a suggestion, i have no idea how you want to work it logistically

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Again, the whole concept of mini-tournies... makes it so that if one tourny is not right for an individual, the next one can be.

yea, i guess mini-tournies would accomplish the same thing.. im just sayin if we do a big tourny it would be better to work it like that

Trust me, I do science

Rest assured... if we throw down and host a Fragapalooza, everyone will get their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dna
    Fragapalooza
    Does this mean we all have to move north of the border? http://www.fragapalooza.com/

My rigs My Games

Yes, we must all move to Quebec. You've got family there, right?

Apparently

My rigs My Games

Being as you're from Canada and all.

Quote Originally Posted by dna
    Being as you're from Canada and all.
    hehe, was that you dna?

Trust me, I do science

Who, me?

I've always wanted secretly to be Canadian.