Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Deal went bad on Ebay, whose fault is it?

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer
    ive already found a DTR. But get a load of this crap -

"
    Ok, so I am not exactly a computer person and so I obviosly didn't know what i was talking about with the processor. However, I have contacted someone at a computer company and they have informed me that these two processors are exactly the same. They do the same thing and run at the same speed. There is absolutely no difference at all. Here is a web site to confirm this. http://www.cpu-world.com/info/id/AMD...ification.html
    I am sorry but i am going to have to say no returns since you got exactly what you were bidding on. Thank you"

I got that back today.
    what a load of crap...i would first try convincing her abt the steppings....bt she clearly mis represented the item.....its like buying a Honda Civic and a Corolla....both do the same bt both are clearly not the same...

definetely file a claim with ebay and paypal...

also as a future reference try to look for the seller previous feedbacks..to see if he/she has sold similar items befo...
    bt if you ask me..i totally avoid buying cpu's memory video cards from ebay unless they are Sealed Retail versions...
    SYSTEM 1//
    DFI UT 250GB//A64 Mobile 3000+ 1MB cache// 280 X 9// Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB @ 252 FSB @7-3-3-2.5//ATI X800XT PE 550/560 //2 X 36GB Raptors, 160GB Sammy Data Drive//Audigy ZS Sound card
    Watercooled....Powered by Fortron 530Watt//23K 3DM01
    SYSTEM 2//
    EPoX 9NDA3J// A64 3000 Venice 300 X 9 @1.45V// KingMax SuperRam 3700 @ 250FSB //512MBX2 @7-3-3-2.5 @ 2.8V//ATI 9800Pro//Audigy2 ZS//Hitachi 80GB SATAII//Maxtor 250GB Data Drive//Zalman Air cooled...Powered by OCZ 450 Modstream
    Heatware

also tell her she contradicted herself saying she wasn't aware what she was selling....and NO you did not get what you bid on..
    SYSTEM 1//
    DFI UT 250GB//A64 Mobile 3000+ 1MB cache// 280 X 9// Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB @ 252 FSB @7-3-3-2.5//ATI X800XT PE 550/560 //2 X 36GB Raptors, 160GB Sammy Data Drive//Audigy ZS Sound card
    SYSTEM 2//
    EPoX 9NDA3J// A64 3000 Venice 300 X 9 @1.45V// KingMax SuperRam 3700 @ 250FSB //512MBX2 @7-3-3-2.5 @ 2.8V//ATI 9800Pro//Audigy2 ZS//Hitachi 80GB SATAII//Maxtor 250GB Data Drive//Zalman Air cooled...Powered by OCZ 450 Modstream
    Heatware

This is my reply -

that is a load of garbage. There is a big difference
    between the two. 1. The thermal capacity is different
    and will affect temperatures. 2. CG cores allow 2T
    timing. 3. Market value is significantly different. 4.
    CG cores are compatible with more memory. 5. I DID NOT
    GET WHAT I PAID FOR!

This is her reply -
    1) Buy a good heatsink 2) You want 1T timing, not 2T 3) You're not buying a house, you're buying a processor, which has a market value that drops daily 4) I have never had any problem with memory. 5) You bought an Athlon 64 3400+ and that's what you got.

Homer, you've done what you can with the seller, I'd take this up either with Paypal or ebay (or both) at this point, citing the emails and contradictions, and put some evidence proving your points and hope they realize you know what you are talking about (and that she didn't and still doesn't!).....

Quote Originally Posted by pctoolbin
    Homer, you've done what you can with the seller, I'd take this up either with Paypal or ebay (or both) at this point, citing the emails and contradictions, and put some evidence proving your points and hope they realize you know what you are talking about (and that she didn't and still doesn't!).....
    yea i agree
    SYSTEM 1//
    SYSTEM 2//
    Heatware

they must understand computing they are selling other pc gear its not just a 1 off

Hey, they understood enough to lie and say it was a better stepping. That's not an accident.

734: Pride in a number.
    Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)
    (><) There's nothing funny about a one-eyed bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by spork27
    Hey, they understood enough to lie and say it was a better stepping. That's not an accident.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by spork27
    I have to say, I was thinking this myself when I read this. This seller is full of crap! If she really knew nothing about computer components, then she would have just listed a superficial profile, like "Athlon 64 CPU 3400+". It is very convenient for this person to just happen to list the better core stepping .. Which -- if she knew nothing – she would have copied the core info verbatim! If it was a legit mistake, then it would make sense that she would have copied down the wrong core code or transposed a letter / number (i.e. ADA3400AEP5RA or something similar..)

It is like listing an “AMD Athon XP 1700+”: It could be a Palomino core or a T-bred core. They all “do the same thing” and “run at the same speed”. But, as we all know, there is a big difference between the three - with the premium price on the Tbred-b. Therefore, since she listed a specific processor type, she is bound to produce it.

Good luck fighting this one. If possible, don’t let up.. I would not believe her crap for one second!! She knew exactly what to put down in order to sell this CPU for a premium. Plus, putting aside the argument of cores being CG or C0, she sold you the wrong part. Period! She needs to take the CPU back and refund your money. Period!

BTW: I love her line: "However, I have contacted someone at a computer company..." Someone at a computer company??!! What the heck does that mean exactly? I mean, Wal-Mart sells computers. Or maybe she means HP? Either way, I don't think they know anything about CPU steppings etc.. Give me a break
    An inquisitive mind, is a questionable thing.....

MY HEAT

im doing everything i can on this one.

Good luck on this one dude. She seems to have let slip too much to be able to play the n00b card on you.
    £59.98 - This is the amount of money a loyal customer is worth to Overclockers.co.uk

Beware of buying from overclockers.co.uk, they will swindle you by abusing the consumer law if they need to refund you for faulty hardware. Thieving gits

..... I have a strange feeling this is a guy. Hiding behind
    some ho's name.

Pops.
    ....i'm much too young to be this damn old....

....My Mail....

....My Heatware....

werd she is deffinately ripping you off. Imagine if you go to adopt a kid and what not, you pick one out and they give you the wrong one. You tell them and they say "doesnt matter, they do the same thing, blah blah blah". "She" is a moron. I would drive to "her" house and personally •••• "her" up until I got my money back. Just my 2c.
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

still waiting. Paypal is "investigating" i dunno how long thatll take...

HOLY COW! I just realized something. Ok, she first offers a refund. But since this qualifies as a "unresolved" transaction, my ebay account was frozen. So i agree that we are going to reverse the transaction. Immediately afterwards, she takes back her offer of a refund. I think this qualifies as fraud. Anyways, i emailed ebay -

Item number: 6754616775
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Date of Payment: 03/28/05
    Dispute Resolution: Yes - Other (specify below)
    Seller Contact: Yes, But the issue is unresolved

Customer concern: I opened a paypal claim, but that will take a long
    time. And im afraid that it will not help. Ok, heres the story. I
    purchased this processor from the seller. However, I recieved a different one
    that the one she SPECIFICALLY listed. The steppings are incorrect. Now,
    i am a computer enthusiast and is very knowledgable of how much
    steppings matter. The steppings are basically the same things as listing what
    revision or "version" something is. EG : Windows XP SP1 and SP2. The
    steppings i purchased are listed as a newer version of the processor.
    However, she sent me one that is an older version. I contacted her about
    the problem. But I did not get a response in days so I left negative
    feedback. Hours later, she responds. She offers a full refund and
    acknowledges that her listings were incorrect due to her negligence. She claims
    she does not know much about computers, which is forgivable since she
    offered a refund. I realized that since this was a unresolved "tr!
    ade" my ebay account was frozen. And since she offered a full refund I
    felt that it was acceptable to "mutally agree to undo the transaction".
    After i "agree", she then emails me saying NO REFUND. She claims that
    "you bought a processor, you got a processor". This is outrageous! She
    suddenly changes her mind just because she thinks she is off the hook!?
    I think this qualifies as fraud. It was my mistake to trust her, but
    her actions were much more wrong. I have kept emails from her to back up
    my accusations. Please, help me here Ebay! There must be justice here!