Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Why Are Kids So Unhappy Growing Up Nowadays?

No. The gay position is very clear. Its not about choice...its is accepted to be a genetic issue...or else it will fall into a category where gayness will/can be considered a choice....and that position leads to an uncomfortable confusion......because the value/normalness of that choice can be argued...as it was early on. I believe Robert3 has amplified that position in some of his links in other threads.
    No, jimz, it's not. There is a division in the homosexuality community over this issue just like there is over the gay marriage one.

To the kid who wants to wear makeip? I dont care where his perceived "rights" come from. Its a foolish exercise.
    Why is it foolish? Why is it somehow foolish to wear makeup but it's not foolish to dress in skanchy, cooter-skirts and have guys stick their hands up your crotch at football games in the name of "cheerleading"? Why is it any more foolish than spending your money and time on sports in school rather than academics? Who cares if it's foolish, anyway? Being a devout, ultra-conservative Muslim or Jew or Hindu in most schools in the country would be disruptive, too. But is that considered foolish?
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore
    Back to the subject..

It's a peculiarly male thing though isn't it? You don't here of girls stealing their parentsí guns and going postal.

From what I here, the boys that do this are generally regarded as losers and misfits. They feel quite apart from society and have a burning desire to 'get back' at those around them.

The bottom line is that they are also sociopaths. They are incapable of feeling compassion or seeing things from the point of view of others. In a society where gun ownership is prevelant and guns are not secured properly, they have an easy way of externalising their frustrations.

^^^Like I suggested earlier[yes in jest] its all the creepy Bob's fault. What a message. You are a loser if you cant fit 12" tatoo on your junk.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    No. The gay position is very clear. Its not about choice...its is accepted to be a genetic issue...
    I can see you dont know very many gay people. Most of them argue vehemently against the DNA issue. If they admit it's a genetic issue then they have to admit it can be fixed. If it can be fixed then it's broken and not normal.

A lot of them just like to say they were born that way without admitting it's genetic or a choice.

To the kid who wants to wear makeip? I dont care where his perceived "rights" come from. Its a foolish exercise.
    Cmon jim i didnt see anything about not wearing make up in the bible.

^^^Like I suggested earlier[yes in jest] its all the creepy Bob's fault. What a message. You are a loser if you cant fit 12" tatoo on your junk.
    Jimz are you confusing guns with penises?

"A lot of them just like to say they were born that way without admitting it's genetic or a choice."

The legal position dictates a genetic predisposition. Im not talking what the down home reality may or may not be.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-16-2005 at 02:37 PM.

"A lot of them just like to say they were born that way without admitting it's genetic or a choice."

The legal position dictates a genetic predisposition. Im not talking what the down home reality may or may not be.
    Being gay is a legal position?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezus
    Jimz are you confusing guns with penises?

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM

You bet your a$$ it is. Haha, sorry couldnt' resist.

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    You bet your a$$ it is. Haha, sorry couldnt' resist.

Another thread turned to butt-bumpin'... a TLR trend...

they probably live in the city.. enough said.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride
    they probably live in the city.. enough said.
    But kids have lived in the city in the past and have not acted out as bad. What changed?

You make the mistake of thinking that the world is somehow more evil or less discliplined than the past. I think history disagrees with you. Rather, the actions carried out have merely changed.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    You make the mistake of thinking that the world is somehow more evil or less discliplined than the past. I think history disagrees with you. Rather, the actions carried out have merely changed.
    Actually I agree with you and I disagree with you. You are absolutely right, the world was just as evil in the past and now the actions have changed. One huge difference though. We are now way more educated as a human race than we have ever been. So if we have history that shows us what not to do and what doesn't work and we have more knowledge today than we ever have, then things should not deteriorate to some of the situations we have today. There's no reason for some of the things we see today.

When in doubt, blame Marilyn Manson!! LYNCH HIM!

Bad parenting more than likely. Technology allows children to get information that they otherwise might never be exposed to, and parents haven't quite caught up yet.

EDIT: Why the hell is everyone talking about gay people?
    Last edited by edudlive; 04-17-2005 at 06:31 PM.
    Finding the clitoris? Is that like finding Jesus?

I'm trying to figure that one out too...I'm lost in this thread now.

What I see happening is that nobody wants to step up to their part of the responsibility. Blame the parents, blame society, blame video games, blame guns...but don't blame the kid that did the act itself. I see that coming from Christianity, Islam, and I'm sure other religions do it too. I also see it in the political spectrum.

Are there negative and positive influences? Absolutely. However, these influences do not pull the trigger of the gun, or go on rampages. To say that something made you do the act is like saying you're a puppet without it's own will. It's a choice that's made, regardless of what factors influence it.

There's also the whole Freedom and Rights thing. It seems to be a growing misconception that because the US is a 'Free' country, you can do whatever you damn well please. No you can't; that's anarchy. I have a problem with starving someone to death, regardless of the mental state, when it is illegal to treat terrorists, criminals and animals like that. I have a problem with someone being killed because of their supposed 'quality of life'. Food and water being denied to someone that can swallow, maybe not perfectly, and isn't on other machines is bad. Yes, in a Hospice, you don't do anything to prolong life, but that's stuff like using a ventilator or using shock paddles to revive them if they pass on. You don't deprive them of food and water in that place. I don't think people are seeing this thin line because of the slanted news media.
    Last edited by Big B-man; 04-18-2005 at 09:34 AM.