Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Got the 69' camaro started today.....

I wish I had a welder...

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD
    i wish i knew stuff about cars

anyway, keep up the good work, and good luck with your ride
    lol, i dont know much about cars either, reading my above posts shows it.

Thanks.

ALso, dep50... you do know that that is a 67' camaro, right? (by your post it looked like you were saying your bros was a 69)

I got a question, how hard will it be to take the body off of the frame? Where are the bolts to do this located?

Me and my dad saw that camaro at the races. But, we loved the interior. Does anyone know where i can get the dash that is in that car? Also, what about installing the wheel tubs, how do i install them?

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

That wasn't me who posted pics of that camaro..

matt

Quote Originally Posted by dep50ae
    That wasn't me who posted pics of that camaro..

matt

oops, i accidently took your quote as the real post.. sorry bout that

EDIT** I let my dad hear those mp3's, and he said the first one it sounds like he over cammed the engine. He said the second one sounds alot like our camaro.
    Last edited by pimp my ride; 04-19-2005 at 06:09 PM.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride

I got a question, how hard will it be to take the body off of the frame? Where are the bolts to do this located?
    You cant. It is a uni-body car. Front and rear sub-frames mount to the body. You can get bolt-on connectors to tie the sub-frames together for better strength.

Quote Originally Posted by John C
    You cant. It is a uni-body car. Front and rear sub-frames mount to the body. You can get bolt-on connectors to tie the sub-frames together for better strength.
    yea, but cant i take the front part of the frame off?? I could of sworn iv seen pics of it in my camaro book.

Oh yea, and the car has fuellie heads, which are usually put on cars with high compression.

I don't think it sounds to good in the idle. Maybe its just me but it does seem like something is skipping (I don't know too much about cars though).

Stick your hand in that fast spinning fan thing!
    Well I won't back down, no I won't back down You can stand me up at the gates of hell But I won't back down Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down.Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

lol, i dont know much about cars either, reading my above posts shows it.

Thanks.

ALso, dep50... you do know that that is a 67' camaro, right? (by your post it looked like you were saying your bros was a 69)

Me and my dad saw that camaro at the races. But, we loved the interior. Does anyone know where i can get the dash that is in that car? Also, what about installing the wheel tubs, how do i install them?
    That dash is custom. It looks like a factory dash with autometer gauges, and either some vinyl/plastic dye or paint (whatever :P ). The 4 smaller gauges in the center of the dash are where the interior climate controls usually reside. I don't think you can buy that. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
    3800+ X2 Toledo 294x10 1.44v || Noctua NH-U12F || DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D (modded to SLi)
    BFG 8800GT OC w/GfxChilla4 765/1916/1050
    G.Skill ZX 2x1gb 2-3-2-5 196mhz
    Enermax EG565P-VE 535W || Antec Super LanBoy
    LG H22N || Audigy 2 ZS
    WD 120GB 8mb SATA || Seagate 320GB Sata 16mb
    Dell E228WFP & Samsung 2443BW-HAS

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly3176
    I don't think it sounds to good in the idle. Maybe its just me but it does seem like something is skipping (I don't know too much about cars though).

Stick your hand in that fast spinning fan thing!

that is the sound from the camera. I was right next to the headers, when i filmed that, and it was literally blowing out the recorder, and my ears.

Im assuming your talking about when like the volume seems to like stop for a split second.

My dad got close to hitting the fan, when he was seeing if the thermostat was opening by squeesing the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by _Fracture
    That dash is custom. It looks like a factory dash with autometer gauges, and either some vinyl/plastic dye or paint (whatever :P ). The 4 smaller gauges in the center of the dash are where the interior climate controls usually reside. I don't think you can buy that. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
    humm, so it is just the factory dash painted orange?

I havent seen the dash of my car for years, so i totally forget what it looks like, i assumes it was some kind of like sheet metal thing.

EDIT** The distrib. cant be locked, because it doesnt have the weights, my dad said it has springs or something.

yea, but cant i take the front part of the frame off?? I could of sworn iv seen pics of it in my camaro book.

Oh yea, and the car has fuellie heads, which are usually put on cars with high compression.
    Yeah, fuelie (also known as "camel hump") heads have slightly better flow than regular castings, and the chambers are around 64cc depending on castings. Smog heads have 76cc chambers.
    3800+ X2 Toledo 294x10 1.44v || Noctua NH-U12F || DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D (modded to SLi)
    LG H22N || Audigy 2 ZS

OMG crap. Did I say vinyl/plastic???

It's metal! Duh... complete brain fart.

Well, it's good that the springs and weights are still in there. Do they move freely? Push them outward with your fingers to tell. They should slide with some slight force, nice and smoothly. While you're at it, make sure the points are in good shape.
    Last edited by _Fracture; 04-19-2005 at 09:43 PM.
    LG H22N || Audigy 2 ZS

Quote Originally Posted by _Fracture
    OMG crap. Did I say vinyl/plastic???

It's metal! Duh... complete brain fart.

Well, it's good that the springs and weights are still in there. Do they move freely? Push them outward with your fingers to tell. They should slide with some slight force, nice and smoothly. While you're at it, make sure the points are in good shape.

humm, where would i get a metal one then?

The distrib doesnt have the wrights. ALso, there is a coil in there, no points, although we are planning on getting a new distrib WITH the points on it.

Do you have AIM or anything, it would be much easier talking to you on there.
    Last edited by pimp my ride; 04-19-2005 at 09:47 PM.

You can unbolt the sub frame ,but it's not an easy job. The frame is held to the body by 4 big bolts,2 at the point where the frame meets the cowl, and 2 at the rear of the frame section. They are usually quite rusted into place, and can be quite a problem to get off. I recomend you use that floor jack, and those stands, and crawl under that baby, you'll be under there enough times,that it will seem like home. The nose also has to be completely off, to pull out the frame section. Tubbing a car is a considerable amount of work, that requires a lot of sheet metal and welding work. Lots of cutting and fabricating.For the kind of work you are doing ,a set of torches, and a mig welder would be the ticket.Even a slightly modified stock hi energy ignition, would be far better than any point system. BD51
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDY51
    You can unbolt the sub frame ,but it's not an easy job. The frame is held to the body by 4 big bolts,2 at the point where the frame meets the cowl, and 2 at the rear of the frame section. They are usually quite rusted into place, and can be quite a problem to get off. I recomend you use that floor jack, and those stands, and crawl under that baby, you'll be under there enough times,that it will seem like home. The nose also has to be completely off, to pull out the frame section. Tubbing a car is a considerable amount of work, that requires a lot of sheet metal and welding work. Lots of cutting and fabricating.For the kind of work you are doing ,a set of torches, and a mig welder would be the ticket.Even a slightly modified stock hi energy ignition, would be far better than any point system. BD51

Thanks BD.. im substituing a oxy-acetlyne torch for a mapp gass/oxygen one.

Im still debating what kind of welder im gonna get, and i still want to use the flux instead of the gas.

EDIT** But what is a gas welder? In my book, it looked like he was holding a torch, and kinda like soldering the panels back on (but he was welding?)
    Last edited by pimp my ride; 04-20-2005 at 07:33 AM.