View Poll Results: What distro do you use?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mandrake

9 6.25%
  • Red Hat/Fedora

27 18.75%
  • SuSe

17 11.81%
  • Debian

12 8.33%
  • Gentoo

16 11.11%
  • Slackware

3 2.08%
  • Ubuntu

32 22.22%
  • PCLinuxOS

6 4.17%
  • Knoppix (or other CD boot)

8 5.56%
  • Other (specify)

14 9.72%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: What distro do you all use?

Just installed Ubuntu as my first crack at Linux on my laptop (Asus EEE) and the interface just rocks! It blows WInXP out of the water. I realize now how old an OS WInXP really is.

If only I could get Evolution to play nice with MS Exchange Server accounts, I could wipe the XP OS off the drive completely.

ubuntu 8.10. Have no windows on at all.
    Last edited by horn4858; 12-02-2008 at 04:07 AM.
    a7n8x-d2.8.msi 5900 and diamond 7.1 sound using digital out.1g xms 3200c2 mem, liteon dvd burner. Been using ubuntu-no windiz.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_raider View Post
    Just installed Ubuntu as my first crack at Linux on my laptop (Asus EEE) and the interface just rocks! It blows WInXP out of the water. I realize now how old an OS WInXP really is.

If only I could get Evolution to play nice with MS Exchange Server accounts, I could wipe the XP OS off the drive completely.
    Yeah I reformatted my C drive to have Ubuntu 8.04 (Gnome) and I have forgotten how slick and easy the Gnome interface was after using Windows XP for a while.
    As soon as I got compiz fusion running and I gave it a few WOW's as I played with the different effects and then I remembered how much easier file management is in Linux,One thing after another and i remembered why Games on XP have never trumpt My time with Linux.(I got Cedega anyway so I'll be playing again soon!)

And I must say I'm a Re-born Tux user!
    "Remember, as you walk by, As you are now, so once was I, As I am now, so shall you be, Remember this and follow me."

Ubuntu