Thread: Smoking Charlie

Smoking Charlie

stolen from http://www.clickondetroit.com/irresi...22/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.clickondetroit.com/irresistible/4406522/detail.html

BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa -- A South African zoo wants a chimp to go cold turkey.

AP Image

Chimpanzee smoking cigarette, Bloemfontain Zoo, South Africa

The chimpanzee smokes cigarettes. Keepers said Charlie picked up the habit by watching smoking visitors. People toss him the smokes and he puffs away.

A spokesman at the Bloemfontein Zoo said, "it looks funny to see a chimp smoking" -- but Charlie's trick could cost him his health.

The zoo is asking people to stop tossing cigarettes and contributing to the chimp's habit.

A zoo official said Charlie "acts like a naughty schoolboy" and hides his cigarettes when workers are around.

The funniest thing is the poll on WDIV's website. 31% of people say Charlie has a right to smoke. LOL

Anyhow, discuss!

Re: Smoking Charlie

Right to smoke. I like that one. I wonder about the horses rump that created the poll. I can foresee a whole new feeding ground for lawyers. First theyll push the invented rights issue then come back and create class action suits against the cigarette manufacturers. Funny how that deal works....they get paid from both ends. Good thing the ape doesnt live in the US.
    Right to smoke. 31%. Doesnt surprise me really. Not when our pets live better than half the worlds children...or whatever the % is.
    Dont get me wrong. Cool ape.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-22-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Ape...
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

^^corrected Pan troglodytes or Pan paniscus?

He's a troglodyte.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Looks like a frikkin monkey to me.

^^ Pretty amazing with Chimps....the 2 types are separated by the Congo I think....or some physical barrier.

I think he has an absolute right to smoke, if he'd get a d*mn job, walk to the convenience store, and pick up as pack himself. No need to constantly bum from the crowd.

Astaroth

He is going to bring new definition to the phrase "apeshit" when they take his cigs away
    Finding the clitoris? Is that like finding Jesus?

All he needs is a pack of budweisers.

If this was in america, I would try and sneak him a beer.
    Last edited by clement; 04-23-2005 at 02:11 AM.