View Poll Results: Is it impossible for homosexuals to have safe sex?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ofcourse not

20 62.50%
  • I don't know, I need education here

0 0%
  • Yes

1 3.13%
  • I don't care, leave gay people alone and let them live in peace

10 31.25%
  • Other

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'Sextravaganza' Spurs Controversy At Virginia College

Story stolen from http://www.clickondetroit.com/educat...92/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.clickondetroit.com/education/4413192/detail.html
    'Sextravaganza' Spurs Controversy At Virginia College

Controversial Health Fair Planned At George Mason University

POSTED: 8:28 am EDT April 25, 2005
    UPDATED: 1:26 pm EDT April 25, 2005

FAIRFAX, Va. -- Organizers say "Sextravaganza," a controversial health fair that will take place Monday at George Mason University, in Fairfax, Va., will raise awareness about such issues as safe sex, date rape and sexual health. However, the one-day event sponsored by the Pro-Choice Patriots student group has sparked controversy.

Student organizer Amanda Agan told WRC-TV in Washington, D.C., "We're really just trying to educate students and arm them with all the tools so they can make an informed decision about sex. We really have no political agenda at all. We have all sides represented."

But Virginia State Sen. Ken Cuccinelli disagreed. "They're pushing a pro-sex agenda and an anything-goes agenda," Cuccinelli said. "And that's what this Sextravaganza is all about."

Organizers said the fair will provide 15 booths with information on abstinence, condoms and self-help exams, as well as sexual orientation, which has also riled Cuccinelli.

"You can't have safe homosexual sex. There is no such thing and yet one of the sponsoring groups is the homosexual group on campus," he said.

But many students said they want to be better informed. One student said "I just think it's kind of ridiculous to think that you could be anti health fair, that's kind of goofy."

The Sextravaganza will take place from noon to 5 p.m., and school officials said if it's a success, it could be repeated next year.
    Ooooh, that's some strong verbage for Sen. Ken Cuccinelli. While I must confess that I don't approve of homosexuality (I apologize, but that's just how I feel), I think it is going a bit far to say that they can't have safe sex. I think this topic is worthy of debate.

Is it impossible for homosexuals to have safe sex or is Sen. Ken Cuccinelli just plain off his rocker?

Re: 'Sextravaganza' Spurs Controversy At Virginia College

He's off his rocker IMO. So far as his assumption around safe sex.

Perhaps he's had some bad luck in his secret latent homosexual life and is just transferring his frustrations onto Sextravaganza. Anyone want to take a rather large bet that there is a big R after his name?

Depends if you count buggery as 'sex' I suppose.

Information is evil! Ignorance is God's way! Heathens! Thou shalt not have access to knowledge! (We'll ignore that section where Jesus says otherwise.)

Chalk another one up to asinine politicians.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

^^You maintain or assert the point of view is necessarily a Christian attitude? It would seem more accurate to characterize/label the position as "traditionalist" than purely Christian. Matter of fact Islamics are more pointed than Christians in their thinking around homosexual relationships.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-25-2005 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^You maintain or assert the point of view is necessarily a Christian attitude? It would seem more accurate to characterize/label the position as "traditionalist" than purely Christian. Matter of fact Islamics are more pointed than Christians in their thinking around homosexual relationships.
    Not uniquely Christian, no. I saw "Republican", "homosexual", rhetoric about homosexuality being dangerous, sex being bad, "anything goes", read his bio that lists him as Roman Catholic, found that he is anti-abortion, that he " supports an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to protect marriage and families by defining marriage as strictly between one man and one woman" and I made the conclusion that this revolved around his politico-religious beliefs. You'll notice that Muslims (that's the name of people who are followers of the religion Islam) in the U.S., by and large, do not wield much political power. Can you imagine if some Muslim groups were doing this? I think it'd be plastered all over WND, FPM, and Fox News quite quickly. I made an attempt at some humor, poking fun at the situation's absurdity. Don't get your panties in a wad, jimz.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

No I wont. Often I read how any negative attitude around homosexuality is immediatly associated with Christianity...even if the discussion is macro/global....in nature. I certainly wouldnt want our Islamic friends excluded as they comprise nearly 25% of the worlds popilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    Information is evil! Ignorance is God's way! Heathens! Thou shalt not have access to knowledge! (We'll ignore that section where Jesus says otherwise.)

Chalk another one up to asinine politicians.
    Yes, more power to the judges................................

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    No I wont. Often I read how any negative attitude around homosexuality is immediatly associated with Christianity...even if the discussion is macro/global....in nature. I certainly wouldnt want our Islamic friends excluded as they comprise nearly 25% of the worlds popilation.
    Uh-huh. So, anyway, that doesn't fit into this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    Yes, more power to the judges................................
    I really don't understand how that does, either.

no sex is safe.

My Games Updated 9/12/05

I really don't understand how that does, either.
    LOL. A response to your "chaulk another one up to asinine politicians".................if politicians don't make laws, judges will..................so if you don't like the job politicians are doing....................

LOL. A response to your "chaulk another one up to asinine politicians".................if politicians don't make laws, judges will..................so if you don't like the job politicians are doing....................
    Find me an instance of a sitting judge (who did not also hold some legislative office simultaneously) writing a law, Nuke. You repeating it over and over doesn't make it true. And to the topic at hand, would you perhaps care to comment on this guy's assertions?

Find me an instance of a sitting judge (who did not also hold some legislative office simultaneously) writing a law, Nuke. You repeating it over and over doesn't make it true. And to the topic at hand, would you perhaps care to comment on this guy's assertions?
    I didn't say they do. I just implied you may WISH it to be so.

As to the assertion, as with all broad generalizations, it is not 100% absolutely correct.

I didn't say they do. I just implied you may WISH it to be so.
    How so?

As to the assertion, as with all broad generalizations, it is not 100% absolutely correct.
    So inform us as to the incorrect and correct portions of it.