View Poll Results: Is it impossible for homosexuals to have safe sex?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ofcourse not

20 62.50%
  • I don't know, I need education here

0 0%
  • Yes

1 3.13%
  • I don't care, leave gay people alone and let them live in peace

10 31.25%
  • Other

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 'Sextravaganza' Spurs Controversy At Virginia College

Quote Originally Posted by l3p3r_M355i4h
    You pay my tution and I'll take the class And I thought that the chances of reverting with stelization were very low, like less than 1 and a million. I could be wrong though.
    Sterilization makes the risk of pregnancy relativly safe. Nothing is ever 100%.

I actually do agree with you though. I just like yanking your chain

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    Sterilization makes the risk of pregnancy relativly safe. Nothing is ever 100%.

Some sterilization is 100%. Remove the ovaries or uterus or the testies and no one is getting pregnant.

In any event, it all comes down to what one wishes to define as "safe". I consider myself at zero risk of an STD. I've never had a transfusion, never done any drugs, and never had sex until I met the woman who is my wife of 11 years (same goes for her waiting until she knew me). I'd stake my life on zero risk.

Gays who have the same story to tell could claim the same zero risk. It's a simple matter of trust in one's partner.

The implication in this story, however, is that, for lack of a better term, "recreational" sex that may involve non-committed partners may be made 100% safe. Such is not the case. Measures may be taken to greatly reduce risk, but no method of protection against STDs is infallible.

I'm all for putting out the facts, though I often wonder what good it does when some folks are so bad at math/statistics.

By way of example, I once offered to assist the neighbor's daughter with her math homework. She was asked to convert 0.25 into a fraction. She didn't know how. I asked her how she referred to a 25 coin. She replied, "A quarter". I then asked what fraction 0.25 represented. "I don't know." Yeah, she's getting married in a couple of months and will likely be adding to the gene pool soon enough.

^^"I asked her how she referred to a 25 coin. She replied, "A quarter". I then asked what fraction 0.25 represented. "I don't know." Yeah, she's getting married in a couple of months and will likely be adding to the gene pool soon enough."

Ive had students that would have explained what a quarter was[as a math concept] as "a pack of gum...idiot...everyone knows that"
    Try teaching Accounting 101 with that logic to deal with.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-26-2005 at 03:33 PM.

It is estimated that over 25% of married people have had affairs at some point during their marriage. Even in long term relationships nobody is purely safe. The only safe method is no sex. Of course, I'd take a fun life over a safe life any day.

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    It is estimated that over 25% of married people have had affairs at some point during their marriage. Even in long term relationships nobody is purely safe. The only safe method is no sex. Of course, I'd take a fun life over a safe life any day.
    Why do you always look for the negative? Your own (unsubstantiated, perhaps even low) statistic says that 75% of married folks don't stray. Yet you say nobody is safe? Heck, that says the majority of folks who make it to marriage sans an STD are indeed safe.

Hard as it apparently seems for you to believe, yes, some folks really are safe.

Has anyone ever thrown their backout during sex? It can lead to a life of pain and discomfort. I would argue that even monog heteros having vigorous sex are still at risk for life changing events.

BTW I would bet 99.9% of you who claim she waited for you were not the first man to go there. Ask your wife what happens in a gynecological exam.
    "The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church"[Ferdinand Magellan]
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." [Albert Einstein]
    "With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."[Physicist and Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg]

MyV,

I think that even you noted in another thread that the ONLY way to be truly safe is to not have sex. Removing the transmission method of a disease is the only way to be sure you are safe. Of course, being in what you believe to be a relationship with a person(s) who do not sleep around (including marriage) is a good way to reduce your risk.

You know, I always find it funny that people discuss the various methods and precautionary tools to stay safe and sexually active. But noone ever mentions the trump card...GET TESTED!!

Everyone should use protection, and everyone should be safe, but you owe it to yourself, and your partner to get tested for each other's sakes. It's not out of line, of demeaning in any way shape or form to ask your partner for a clean bill of health. It's your health your playing with, so there should be no problem whatsoever with getting tested. Show her your clean bill of health, and ask for hers. If she/he gets offended, then you have to ask yourself, "Do I really want to be with someone who will not do everything in their power to insure my health and safety?"
    It the least that you can do for each other before you become sexually active...

Tests are only so good my moderator friend.

You can have HIV for upwards of 9 months and not test positive for it.

Don't trust tests, don't trust condoms, and don't trust the word of the person you're with.

Found out the hard way did you man?

ouchie.

I agree with afalzone though. Fun is more imporant than safety to certain degree.

Like I said before, the only safe sex, is with your hand. (chafeage doesn't count. )
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST

Andrew,

In case you read that and get pissed, I just wanted to note that my comment was a joke. I would have said it to anyone so please don't take offense. There are many other things we can butt heads about on here, but I just thought the comment was funny.