View Poll Results: Is it impossible for homosexuals to have safe sex?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ofcourse not

20 62.50%
  • I don't know, I need education here

0 0%
  • Yes

1 3.13%
  • I don't care, leave gay people alone and let them live in peace

10 31.25%
  • Other

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 'Sextravaganza' Spurs Controversy At Virginia College

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan

So inform us as to the incorrect and correct portions of it.
    Why must you be so disagreeable, even when I agree with you???

At any rate, I am sure some homosexuals practice safe sex. I don't think that is beyond them. Thus, the senator's, or whatever he is, assertion is simply a broad generalization.

Well actually it was a court in Mass. who legislated law (recognizing gay marriage), the legislators there are now crafting a bill to repeal what the court did.

As for this, if the Campus allows it, so be it, they have to answer to trustees who donate to them.

As per the Christian/Reupublican end - yes most of both oppose actions (even educational ones) that support gay lifestyle, however, there are also Dems, and other religions who do the same - just not as high in numbers. Just look at states were voters shot down gay marriage (and in some instances civil unions), it was between 6-7 out of ten against, so they are surely lots of Dems who did, you can likely even pull demographics (incl political affiliation of voters) of districts in those states.

^^^ There are plenty of Republicans who support gay marriage as well. There are also plenty of Christians, Catholics and Jews who do.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake88
    no sex is safe.

You're 100% correct.

No sex is completely safe, and anal sex is especially unsafe. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously out of the loop and needs to educate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    You're 100% correct.

No sex is completely safe, and anal sex is especially unsafe. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously out of the loop and needs to educate themselves.
    I thought monogamous, procreative sex between one male and one female God-fearing Christians was safe? James Dobson hath lied to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody1
    Well actually it was a court in Mass. who legislated law (recognizing gay marriage), the legislators there are now crafting a bill to repeal what the court did.

As for this, if the Campus allows it, so be it, they have to answer to trustees who donate to them.
    You participate in discussions here, so I know you can read. You might do some research on "civics lessons". See, the Judicial Branch rules on the constitutionality of laws. If the Legislative Branch passes a law that is in violation of the Constitution, the Judicial Branch can strike it down if it is challenged in trial. I know it's a really difficult concept, that whole "separation of powers" thing, but I bet with some hard work and sweat, you might be able to grasp it.

As per the Christian/Reupublican end - yes most of both oppose actions (even educational ones) that support gay lifestyle, however, there are also Dems, and other religions who do the same - just not as high in numbers. Just look at states were voters shot down gay marriage (and in some instances civil unions), it was between 6-7 out of ten against, so they are surely lots of Dems who did, you can likely even pull demographics (incl political affiliation of voters) of districts in those states.
    Lots of people also have histories of opposing science, rationalism, equal treatment of fellow humans, and any education not deemed fas. Knowledge is inherently evil, after all, so to expose our children (won't somebody please think of the children!?11!one?) to anything that might allow them to question what we the only proper keepers of knowledge have shoveled them would be nefas.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I thought monogamous, procreative sex between one male and one female God-fearing Christians was safe? James Dobson hath lied to me!
    Procreative sex is not safe on my wallet for the following 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Orang
    You participate in discussions here, so I know you can read. You might do some research on "civics lessons". See, the Judicial Branch rules on the constitutionality of laws. If the Legislative Branch passes a law that is in violation of the Constitution, the Judicial Branch can strike it down if it is challenged in trial. I know it's a really difficult concept, that whole "separation of powers" thing, but I bet with some hard work and sweat, you might be able to grasp it.
    Awww C'mon...the "talking down to" doesn't need to happen, we've all been here long enough to know that it doesn't accomplish anything.

I
    Well the court decided to expand on existing law, ie add to it - I'd call it legislating from the bench, Judges are to interpret - not revise law, they did not determine a constitutional issue. Remember up here in the Northeast, as well as the west coast (SF), courts tend to surround themselves with contraversy in their decisions, elected officials tend to sit it out (meaning no impeachment hearings) to see how their public percieves rulings, and if the public is against a ruling, enough time may've passed that any impeachment is not plausible. What they would do is pass a new law... guess what Ma legislators are doing.
    So much for the "I'm the smartest...." B$.
    Lots of people also have histories of opposing science, rationalism, equal treatment of fellow humans, and any education not deemed fas. Knowledge is inherently evil, after all, so to expose our children (won't somebody please think of the children!?11!one?) to anything that might allow them to question what we the only proper keepers of knowledge have shoveled them would be nefas.
    This is something that has always been and will never change, welcome to the REAL WORLD.
    Last edited by Nobody1; 04-26-2005 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake88
    no sex is safe.
    we have a winnar!!!!!

(I'm saying I agree )

You're 100% correct.

Not true. Monogamous sex between a man and woman, neither of whom are drug IV users, or have had tainted blood transfusions, is safe, and if both are sterilized, even the risk of unwanted pregancy is like 1 in a gazillion.

No he hasn't, ALB is wrong.

Way to be condescending.

At any rate, your above post is a "fine line" argument. First off, the courts being able to strike down laws is sometimes a very dangerous thing. Second off, in MA, the courts essentially DID legislate from the bench................they interpreted the law, and came to their own conclusion about the law, w/o regard for the legislative branch. That to me is essentialy "enacting" laws.

Lots of people also have histories of opposing science, rationalism, equal treatment of fellow humans, and any education not deemed fas. Knowledge is inherently evil, after all, so to expose our children (won't somebody please think of the children!?11!one?) to anything that might allow them to question what we the only proper keepers of knowledge have shoveled them would be nefas.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    even the risk of unwanted pregancy is like 1 in a gazillion.

And where did this ficticious number come from? Its widly known that not everyone responds to birth control in the same way, some women are allergic to latex, and because of things like this... risks of pregnancy are raised above the norm.

No he hasn't, ALB is wrong.
    No, i wasn't .

ALB, read nuke's statement. sterilization!

Theoretically, a true monoagamous relationship would be absolutely safe, just as long as both partners were virgins when they had sex, their parents didn't have STD's, blood transfusions, etc. So, in all practicality, no sex is safe (execpt with your left hand, if that counts )
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST

Sterilization is not 100% FYI. I've read articles where men were given a vasectomy or women their tubes tied and they still got pregnant.

But if you were to play with words and hypothetically say that if someone WAS 100% sterilized... then what he said may be true.

You guys really need to take a class in Human Sexuality. Especially college boy Orang.

I thought i knew it all before i took the class.

Sterilization is not 100% FYI. I've read articles where men were given a vasectomy or women their tubes tied and they still got pregnant.

But if you were to play with words and hypothetically say that if someone WAS 100% sterilized... then what he said may be true.

You guys really need to take a class in Human Sexuality. Especially college boy Orang.

I thought i knew it all before i took the class.
    You pay my tution and I'll take the class And I thought that the chances of reverting with stelization were very low, like less than 1 and a million. I could be wrong though.

I actually do agree with you though. I just like yanking your chain
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST