Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: PC Perspective and Corsair Memory Overclocking Contest Volume I

Quote Originally Posted by azn_bluee_boi
    what about this one then?

and what ram frequency are they really running then? at the dfi forums...it says a 4x multi would put the divider at 4:5 or slower...meaning at most about 260MHz on mem?

From DFI-Street: It is impossible to run your mem at 1:1 with 1/2 multipliers. There are many programs like CPUZ - ClockGen - Sandra - Memtest and others that will show your ram running 1:1 when infact it is not.
    Everything I do is legit bro. You can put your ass on the line at "Q" that it is 1:1 and 1T with 2.5-4-4-10. I thought about that when he submitted the test but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he didn't know but this is just more proof of what I always say. "Do your own tests and benchmarks and don't believe what you see on the net because people like to lie, cheat and bs".

If I had a rupple for every damn post I've seen around here and at xtremesystems.org of crap like the above where they put up a pic like that and it's not even 5 min. stable on anything and then the garbage starts flying.."wow did you see what Corsair triple twinxxxx can do I'm getting some asap". Then before you know it there's at least 50 threads on how great a certain ram is just because of the first BS post and before you know it a new king of ram is born with no truth to it at all.

Still...maybe Bearded Frog didn't know about the multi issue and how it sets a divider but how could he not when I don't have a DFI and I knew about that. I believe even Shaolin95 told me or had a post about that when he first got his DFI so who knows. Can't we keep crap legit for just once? At least let's try to keep this forum as honest as possible since most of the other ones are complete BS and a joke. this is the one I keep coming back to because of the people around here. They know their shit and most are very honest. Please let's not pollute the forums here.

Don't take it personal Frog..if you think I'm accusing you I apologize but it just seems funny.
    Last edited by StanRoman; 05-04-2005 at 12:21 PM.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

How come on mine it says "Ratio: CPU/9"? Why isn't it showing 1:1?

You eat beaver?

dude...chill out. I'm not trying to point fingers, just trying to clear things up. If I offended you in any way, I am sorry. The truth is I don't know much about NForce4 and the 64s right now. In fact, I just blew up my NForce2 and have a Venice and a DFI on the way so I just started reading up yesterday.

Anyhow, it seems the contest isn't really about stability...more of who can get that CPU-Z dump before the system crashes.

Also...It doesn't matter if your shot doesn't say 1:1...your CPU frequency divided by 9, the multiplier, still gives you 290, which is the correct 1:1 speed.

LC
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4541742

DFI nForce4 Ultra-D (SLi Mod)
    AMD 146 Opteron CAB2E 0546GPAW 10x310 = 3100MHz IHS Off
    Swiftech DDC w/Petras Top
    Storm G4/Maze 4 GPU
    Thermochill PA120.3
    2x512MB TCCD 2.5-4-3-7
    eVGA 7800GT 256MB 520/1230
    2x74GB Raptors 16MB RAID-0
    WD 250GB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    CM Stacker with Seasonic M12 600W PSU
    Dell 24" Widescreen LCD

dude...chill out. I'm not trying to point fingers, just trying to clear things up. If I offended you in any way, I am sorry. The truth is I don't know much about NForce4 and the 64s right now. In fact, I just blew up my NForce2 and have a Venice and a DFI on the way so I just started reading up yesterday.
    I'm always "chilled". I didn't take it as offensive. I was just letting you know. It sounds that way because of how I talk. I don't beat around the bush. I'm straight and to the point and very honest so it comes out as me being an ahole or being pissed, etc.

Anyhow, it seems the contest isn't really about stability...more of who can get that CPU-Z dump before the system crashes.
    I know that too..not the point I was trying to make. I meant that there are threads and claims like the above that are misleading on purpose..for what reason and what gain I have no damn clue.

Also...It doesn't matter if your shot doesn't say 1:1...your CPU frequency divided by 9, the multiplier, still gives you 290, which is the correct 1:1 speed.
    Yes, that's clear but why isn't it showing 1:1? It does for others.

You eat beaver?

Wow thats a bitch I totally didnt know about that. Im relativily new to a64 overclocking as my MSI k8t neo being one of the first k8 boards didnt really cover much of that stuff. I dont own the DFI nf4 that I used to do the test it was my friend's. I only lowered the multi to rule out the cpu. If its only actually running at 260 then that pisses me off majorally because I know the ram can do at least 285 as it did on the infinity. Any chance I could get another post?

everyone else is going to want an exception then...like that other guy with 3 posts...

i think to keep it that way is the only way to keep the situation fair.

Storm G4/Maze 4 GPU
    Thermochill PA120.3
    2x512MB TCCD 2.5-4-3-7
    WD 250GB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    Dell 24" Widescreen LCD

If I can make a suggestion. For a contest like this make two threads. One is open for free discussion to ask questions, etc. The other is still open for posting but each member is limited to one and one post. They can edit their post as many times as they want with their latest results up until the deadline. Then the contest admin need only look through that second thread to easily determine the winner. The is the model we use over in Gaming for tournaments and it works very well. For an example of a 'one post per member' thread click 'My Games' or 'My 3 Rigs' in my sig.
    Last edited by Lenny; 05-05-2005 at 10:27 AM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog
    Wow thats a bitch I totally didnt know about that. Im relativily new to a64 overclocking as my MSI k8t neo being one of the first k8 boards didnt really cover much of that stuff. I dont own the DFI nf4 that I used to do the test it was my friend's. I only lowered the multi to rule out the cpu. If its only actually running at 260 then that pisses me off majorally because I know the ram can do at least 285 as it did on the infinity. Any chance I could get another post?
    No problem, don't worry about it. Hopefully they'll let you do another one. Are you sure that ram is BH-5? It oc's like TCCD.

You eat beaver?

Bearded, that's fine, do another one. And if anyone else's first post used a multiplier that low they can go again too.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Bearded, that's fine, do another one. And if anyone else's first post used a multiplier that low they can go again too.
    thanks I appreciate it.

looks like everybody else is still tweaking their systems? or is that pretty much everyone who's running corsair?

Storm G4/Maze 4 GPU
    Thermochill PA120.3
    2x512MB TCCD 2.5-4-3-7
    WD 250GB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    Dell 24" Widescreen LCD

looks like everybody else is still tweaking their systems? or is that pretty much everyone who's running corsair?
    No shit. That's what I was wondering. Only a handful of people replied to this contest?

You eat beaver?

give me a few minutes and i'll post my highest. im on the verge of hosing my windows

btw i have a question. cpu-z doesnt validate if its running 1t or 2t. how can you check to see whos running 1t? 1t so much harder

son of a mother. i hosed my windows. dont worry, i'll post my screenie of 327 2.5-4-3-7 1t soon