Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *bumph*

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Re: *bumph*

At last.... someone who understands me. There's me, brain the size of a planet, and it takes a hollywood knock-off of great British comedy before anyone understands what it means to multiply 6 by 9.

Hope you enjoyed it. I've not been yet, mostly 'cos I've heard that for the real fans, it's somewhat of a let-down Zaphod loses a head? What's that about (rhetorical question btw )

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

i actually saw the BBC miniseries, which was awful for the most part.. but some of it was hilarious... i should really read the books, but i dont have any time

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Scrap the miniseries..... it sucked compared to the books and the radio play (the first two seasons at least from 1970s, I'm still not convinced by last year's season 3).

I'll hook you up with some MP3s sometime when i get a chance. "Zaphod, take your hand off me..... and the other one..... and the other one"

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    Scrap the miniseries..... it sucked compared to the books and the radio play (the first two seasons at least from 1970s, I'm still not convinced by last year's season 3).

I'll hook you up with some MP3s sometime when i get a chance. "Zaphod, take your hand off me..... and the other one..... and the other one"
    I have the seasons on tape. Buu and I have been watching them. First time for Buu. Even though they are super cheesy the humor is still quite intact IMO. Buu is a big reader so I bought him this giant hard cover containing all of Adam's HG work (I think). Buu is ripping through it. Man, I wish I had the time to read like that.

We haven't seen the new movie yet. Buu wants to. I can wait for DVD. But I do want to Episode III again
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    Buu is a big reader so I bought him this giant hard cover containing all of Adam's HG work (I think).
    There are 5 books in the trilogy

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Life, the Universe, and Everything
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    Mostly Harmless

*cough*

My rigs My Games

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

They're doing 4 and 5 on the BBC now. We're up to part 4 of 6 from So Long & Thanks for all the Fish, Mostly Harmless coming up in June. Good old Windows Audio Capture and I are listening to it religiously.

I prefer the first 3 books to the last 2, but I am finding that the radio is brathing some life into them. Now if only could get my hands on the first radio series without paying to ship it from England.

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    There are 5 books in the trilogy

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Life, the Universe, and Everything
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    Mostly Harmless
    Yep, all those are in this book and a bonus book called Young Zaphod plays it safe. 815 pages of goodness. Buu is on page 373 which falls inside Life, the Universe, and Everything.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by molestedbyasus
    I prefer the first 3 books to the last 2, but I am finding that the radio is brathing some life into them. Now if only could get my hands on the first radio series without paying to ship it from England.
    I have a degrading copy of the TV series on VHS but I never had the radio series. Wouldn't mind having it though.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by molestedbyasus
    They're doing 4 and 5 on the BBC now. We're up to part 4 of 6 from So Long & Thanks for all the Fish, Mostly Harmless coming up in June. Good old Windows Audio Capture and I are listening to it religiously.

Electrons come cheap nowadays.... ygpm

My rigs My Games

I have a degrading copy of the TV series on VHS but I never had the radio series. Wouldn't mind having it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dna
    Yup.
    ybgpm

My rigs My Games

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

Yep, all those are in this book and a bonus book called Young Zaphod plays it safe. 815 pages of goodness. Buu is on page 373 which falls inside Life, the Universe, and Everything.

And if I remember right, instructions on how to leave the planet, including fun things like the phone # to reach the Pope.