View Poll Results: Which Anti Adware/Spyware Programs Do You Use?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ad-Aware SE

130 80.25%
  • CounterSpy

6 3.70%
  • Microsoft Anti-Spyware

51 31.48%
  • Spybot S&D!

107 66.05%
  • SpywareBlaster

43 26.54%
  • SpywareGuard

5 3.09%
  • Webroot Spy Sweeper

21 12.96%
  • What The Heck Is Spyware Anyway?

4 2.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What the heck is this 'Anti-Adware' stuff? It must be somthing you Windows users have to contend with.

Actually if I'm really worried about surfin, that's when I pull out the old Knoppix.

Resolved Re: Which Anti-Adware/Spyware Programs Do You Use

i've tried all..and found what i think is the most comprehensive spyware proggie yet..
    it's called GIANT anti spyware..it found objects most everything else missed....
    h**p://www.giantcompany.com
    peace!!!!!

Re: Which Anti-Adware/Spyware Programs Do You Use

Quote Originally Posted by spazoid43
    i've tried all..and found what i think is the most comprehensive spyware proggie yet..
    it's called GIANT anti spyware..it found objects most everything else missed....
    h**p://www.giantcompany.com
    peace!!!!!
    Microsoft bought out Giant at the end of last year. It's now MS Anti-Spyware beta which is included in the poll

From Giant's website:

Announcement: Microsoft Acquires Anti-spyware Leader
    Giant Company Software Inc.

New offerings will help customers keep spyware and other deceptive software off of their computers.

On December 16, 2004, Microsoft announced its acquisition of GIANT Company Software, Inc., a provider of top-rated anti-spyware and Internet security products. Microsoft will use the acquisition to provide its customers with new tools to help protect them from the threat of spyware and other deceptive software. In addition, key personnel from Giant will be joining Microsoft’s security efforts. Additional information about the acquisition can be found in the press release.

Quote Originally Posted by borodar
    btw, i dont have antivirus installed either

Same here...lol

All I have is Ad-Aware & XP Pro w/SP2. I figure it takes less time to format & reinstall every month or two than run all those damn programs on a regular basis...plus I don't have to worry about having them running in the background when I'm gaming. Not to mention I can just download & install the latest drivers without doing all the driver cleaner nonsense...lol

It may not be THE most efficient method, but it seems to be working fine so far...of course, how would I know if it wasn't? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DerekUGA
    Same here...lol

All I have is Ad-Aware & XP Pro w/SP2. I figure it takes less time to format & reinstall every month or two than run all those damn programs on a regular basis...plus I don't have to worry about having them running in the background when I'm gaming. Not to mention I can just download & install the latest drivers without doing all the driver cleaner nonsense...lol

It may not be THE most efficient method, but it seems to be working fine so far...of course, how would I know if it wasn't? lol
    You must have a lot of time on your hands.

I found a new one (for me at least). Spyware Doctor. It found hundreds of registry entries that the other programs missed and it's free. I downloaded it from zdnet.com
    Brian

Ad-Aware-SE , Spyware Blaster , Spy-Bot S & D

Spybot v1.4 is out now. I tried it and now it's almost as obnoxious as ZoneAlarm as far as the training regimen.

Any body use their Tea Timer??
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

Ad-aware and maybe Microsoft's version (if I'm bored).

Question Re: Which Anti-Adware/Spyware Programs Do You Use

So what's so different about Spybot 1.4?

Ad-aware,Spybot,spywareBlaster are all my free ones.Iam also currently trying Spyware Eliminator by Aluria software cause it was cheap and rated very well,above the other three i use.Just google it and take a look.

Has anyone evaluated Computer Associate's EZ Trust Armor package?
    It came free with my roadrunner service.

eTrust™ EZ Armor™ 2005

Quote Originally Posted by DerekUGA
    Same here...lol

you know man i believe your onto something there. all the time it takes x 1 reinstall . ill check the time's it takes for using the cleaners for one month and the time it take's to reinstall.
    Samd4

I am presently using Ad Aware, Microsoft anti spyware and Ewido suite. Ewido is fairly new but so far impressed by it's ability to find things others cannot (has used it to help friends find and delete spyware). To prevent resouce loading, Ewido is the only one that I allow to load at start up and then run the others once or twice a week to double check for possible problems. So far in the last two months, none of the anitspy programs has found any nasties on my puter except for tracking cookies.
    Mr. Spock, how do I set my laser printer to stun?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Box 1 Full Tower (2 80mm & 2 120 mm fans)--MSI P6N Plat--Intel E6700--Zalman 9500--G.Skill 6400PHU2-2GB--OCZ 700W--XFX-GF7600GT--WD Rapture 150 GB--2 Samsung 500 GB--optical Pioneer & LG

Box2 Lian Li 70 series (6 120mm fans)--Abit IP35 Pro--Intel E8400 @3.3G--Zalman 9700--8 G memory G Skill F2-6400L4--GeForce 8600 GT--PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad--WD Raptor 150--2) WD 1 TB--1.5 TB Samsung--Asus & Pioneer Opticals

Box3 Lian Li 70 serics (6 120mm fans)--ASRock X58 Extreeme---Intel i7 920 @3.6G--Cooler Master V8 (mod with 120mm silverstone fan)--12 G memery G Skill--G Force GTX 260--PC Power & Cooling 750 QB--WD 2.5 Raptor 300--2) Samsung 1.5 TB--2) WD 1 TB--Plextor & LiteOn optical

FYI, here is one site that has many spyware compared. THere is anotehr site, but I don't trust it becase much of the features are false in their comparison. But these guys I trust more here: http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/