Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: AGEIA PhysX Physics Processor??

I dunno I still think multi CPU system should be able to handle physics just fine on a 2nd core

Quote Originally Posted by Banditblue
    nice comment.The only real unanswered question i have regarding ageia is,will there be varying levels of agiea cards,meaning if i buy one now when it is available,6 months later are they gonna put out an "improved" version?This would become awfully expensive trying to keep up with vid card upgrades,then PhysX upgrades..??
    If you read this article made by Ryan, on page 3 yoŽll find the "PPU Life Cycle" part where they talk about it..

"cut from the article:

Would you like to be REQUIRED to buy a new PPU every 6 months for the latest titles to run on your system? Surely not.

AGEIA was adamant that this would not be the case for the foreseeable future. In fact, they have already seen the opposite occurring; upgraded firmware and drivers for the PPU has opened up new features and options to programmers on the same hardware.

Regards

thx,i think i got too excited about it and overlooked it. I read alot of Ryan's reviews
    That does give me more confidence in purchasing it.
    Biostar 790gx am2+
    Phenom II x4 720
    Sapphire Ati 4850(512mb)
    raid-0 x2 36gb raptors
    g.skill 2x2gb ram
    750 watt psu
    28 inch Hanns-g lcd monitor

Quote Originally Posted by pross
    Some people seem to be (understandably) confused with mixing graphics and Physics. They are indeed entirely different. Remember CPU and GPU hardware were designed and developed more than a decade ago at least - with a completely different purpose and still serve those purposes. Don't confuse the issues. If you want mediocre physics - go for what you have in the market, which tries to run some sort of physics (really in software) using existing hardware. If you want realism and a phenomenal game playing experience go for Ageia. You get what you pay for. Note that there is NO EQUIVALENT BOARD. The GPU and CPU will not provide what Ageia provides and will be providing in the future. At the risk of an "apples to oranges" comparison, Ageia boards are very nicely priced WITH driver and demo software at $249.00, Most graphics cards start at $400 and won't do what Ageia does. There will be a lot more games developed and published on Ageia card. Initially a skeptic, I saw Ageia hardware in action at GDC and the demos. Truly amazing - in May, one can buy them retail from BFG or get a whole system today from ALienware/Dell with Ageia card - you are in for a treat with Ghost Recon advanced warfighter with Ageia Physx.
    heres a link to the bfg card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...elerators.html
    the UK gets shafted again on price, but still werth it for cutting edge i guess.

now here a little distraction, now thats what i call a GUI (Graphic User Interface) http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46923853181774

imagine that interfaced to the new 3D holographic Interface from a while back

cool..............

heres a link to the bfg card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acata...celerators.html
    the UK gets shafted again on price, but still werth it for cutting edge i guess.
    yea.. agreed.. everything seems to be cheaper "over there" (me living in sweden) but iŽm still gonna buy this card.. but it wouldnŽt hurt if they could bundle the card with a game that supports it.. Ghost Reacon: Advanced warfighter perhaps??

Regards

Re: AGEIA PhysX Physics Processor?? driver

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?new...CxobmV3cywsLDE
    i just found this, dont really know what use it might be but thought
    people might take a look.

"Soon after that, we learned that there is an Ageia PhysX demo built into the Ageia driver that anyone can download.

What is interesting here is that you do not need a PhysX card to run the demo. You can install the demo sans the driver and xfire chatter program and see just how well your own system can handle the PhysX engine without a physics card. Results vary as you can read about in the thread noted above.

Here are a few shots of the demo running on my system. You can rotate the scene as well as zoom in and out as you launch spheres into the stacked up bricks. "

bet its real slooooooooooow...... if it works at all.