Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Should I RMA or no?

Well jsut remember and RMA doesn't exactly guarantee another set of working sticks for you. You might get a set back that is just as bad or worse. But, if you really are not satisifed that your sticks aren't 100% perfect in a test that really doesn't effect any real world applications, then RMA away. You already said it is perfectly stable outside of MemTest, it jsut sounds like you are spending too much time benching/testing and not enough time actually using the computer lol.
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ | Abit NF7-S v2.0 | OCZ-EL 512MB PC-3200 DC-Platinum | Radeon 9200 | WD 80GB
    Its All PC

Here's what I think about when I buy something with my coins..if you have to save a little and expect a great product after paying with your hard earned cash..then it better be close to perfection PERIOD. You paid for it, did your part, the co. should do theirs and provide a perfect product for what you paid.

To me, no joke, it's like getting a woman or looking for a new GF. If you settle for shit and don't grill them right away with a million questions to find out what you're getting then later on whatever happens it's on you. When I get a new gf or a woman to hang out with this is what I do. BS with them a few days then finally stick it to them and the next day in bed I tell them.."hey, I'm starving can you go cook breakfast"? Then I sit back and watch what happens..if she gets up and cooks a mean meal without a word or even an excuse then she's defenitely a keeper. If she just does it without me asking she's a keeper..if she gives me a BS excuse or "I can't cook"..I pick up all her shit while she's still in bed and throw all her clothes, purse, everything out the door and tell her to get the F@$# out because I want a real woman not a puppy I'll have to hand feed or babysit later on. Pearls of wisdom.

Same thing with ram or whatever I buy..if it's not damn close to perfection or to my standards or at least performs as it SHOULD then it's going back. I don't have that problem of ever second guessing myself. I paid for it, I want perfection.

Maybe if more people went about it that way, you wouldn't see so many half ass companies selling bad shit..and also so many men crying like idiots.."my woman won't do this for me..my woman won't do that.." F'N pathetic! I had to put up with that crap yesterday with my friend complaining like a kid about his wife.
    Last edited by StanRoman; 05-30-2005 at 01:06 PM.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

There's a good chance the memory is fine. There's a compatibility problem with NF2 and 2*512 double sided memory. You could use single channel for now or a CPC off bios if there is one for your board, until you upgrade.
    Gigabyte DS3, E4300, 7900GS, 2x1GB OCZ pc6400, Antec 650 Trio, 3GHZ
    Asus A8N-E, Opteron 165, x800Pro, XP90 2.85 ghz
    Gigiabyte K8N51PVMT Micro, NV6600
    Abit Nf7s v2.0 M2600+, Biostar M7NCD pro M2400+, Shuttle AN35 M2200+

Quote Originally Posted by 4W4K3
    Well jsut remember and RMA doesn't exactly guarantee another set of working sticks for you. You might get a set back that is just as bad or worse. But, if you really are not satisifed that your sticks aren't 100% perfect in a test that really doesn't effect any real world applications, then RMA away. You already said it is perfectly stable outside of MemTest, it jsut sounds like you are spending too much time benching/testing and not enough time actually using the computer lol.
    Are you sure about that? If they sent me new sticks, aren't they new or refurbished that are guaranteed to work properly?

This is a tough decision indeed. First, I have differing opinions. Some tell me that any Memtest errors in 24 hours of testing warrants an RMA. Some tell me it's fine if real world apps are alright.

Then, I have Memtest. I got errors three times. The only time I didn't get errors is when I ran the CPU at stock, the memory at stock, and tweaked the timings myself. So who really knows if the memory is good or not.

Since I'm putting a new system together, I want it to be perfect. That's why I think I should just RMA it, because it might be bad. The worse that will happen is they send it back and tell me it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by randy989
    Are you sure about that? If they sent me new sticks, aren't they new or refurbished that are guaranteed to work properly?
    I've RMA'd with Abit, they sent me a DOA mobo. RMA'd again and i got a good one. They can guarantee all they want, but in the end it's what happens in the truck on the way to your place that determines whether it's going to work or not.

StanRoman, how much do you want to be pampered and worshiped by your women? I mean there's always an understood repect for the guy, but there is also respect for the woman too. Maybe you're not talking about a real relationship here, i dunno, sounds like you just run through the girls without a care? It takes a bit more than who cooks breakfast to make me determine whether or not a girl is worth the long haul efforts. Just like it takes a bit more than a few MemTest runs to determine if the RAM is worth it. (if i can steal your analogy lol, that was very good btw )
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ | Abit NF7-S v2.0 | OCZ-EL 512MB PC-3200 DC-Platinum | Radeon 9200 | WD 80GB
    Its All PC

I have a guy from Anandtech telling me that optimal timings rarely work for AMD systems and they shouldn't be relied on. He advised to only RMA the memory if it still errored when running the CPU stock, the memory stock, and at 2-2-2-10 timings. When I did this, I got no errors for 12 hours. So by his opinion, I should not RMA.

However, that's assuming he's correct about optimal timings not being good for AMD systems. He could be wrong. Perhaps the memory should be fine on optimal timings, as well.

This is driving me nuts. I should just send the damn stuff back.

I've RMA'd with Abit, they sent me a DOA mobo. RMA'd again and i got a good one. They can guarantee all they want, but in the end it's what happens in the truck on the way to your place that determines whether it's going to work or not.

StanRoman, how much do you want to be pampered and worshiped by your women? I mean there's always an understood repect for the guy, but there is also respect for the woman too. Maybe you're not talking about a real relationship here, i dunno, sounds like you just run through the girls without a care? It takes a bit more than who cooks breakfast to make me determine whether or not a girl is worth the long haul efforts. Just like it takes a bit more than a few MemTest runs to determine if the RAM is worth it. (if i can steal your analogy lol, that was very good btw )
    Man..hahah, you need to start getting more women (or didn't get enough growing up) to know what I'm trying to get at.Who said not to respect them or anything about respect? ?? ?? Now I'm confused.

It's just a guideline bro..if they do things like that then they'll do other things as well. It's very simple to pick the good ones by just a few little details such as the above. It's not about pampered or anything else. It's about a good woman. You know if she does things like that..when it comes to one day having a kid with them you know she'll be a good mother. I'm not talking about the basic things either (for example no drunks or drug addicts) but there's a few signs you can pick out immediately to know what you'll be getting.

I've had exactly 6 gfs in my life (anyone more than a year counts as a GF. the other ones I don't count as gfs specially the bitch that wanted to kick my dog because he chewed up her purse..she ended up getting tossed too) the last 2 were 3 and 5 yr. relationships that I f'ed up
    but I'm still friends with them and still get free cable. I've been dumped only once (no surprise..cheated on her twice) so I must be doing something right.

My new GF has passed 5 yrs. of P95 with me so far. so I know my little tactics work. If they leave I threaten to KILL them. no..seriously..if they cook and are clean and don't do drugs or drink and have a good head on their shoulders then you more or less know. I just don't get where that "respect" thing came out of from you? ?? What does it have to do with what I said? ?? Are you implying that if you expect them to do those things or if you make sure they meet ALL or MOST of your expectations that you are disrespecting them? ?? You must be the new breed of man..the MTV kid? Or wait you're the "real world", "politically correct", "I take care of my hair more than a woman and have more skin care products than my gf" type?
    just had to throw that in.

Wanting your partner to meet all your expectations, whatever they may be, is not being disrespectful. It's irrelevant what others think of your expectations since they're not the ones you'll be bending over. It only matters what "YOUR" expectations are. The only fault I may have in a relationship is that I want it my way or the highway. but then again it's never been a problem. If you've been with a few women you know that when a woman falls in love with you..you don't have to ask for anything. They'll gladly provide it just to make you feel happy and to see the appreciation in your face. You got to love them!

You eat beaver?

This is driving me nuts. I should just send the damn stuff back.
    Why are you letting it bother you bro. Just send it back and quit second guessing yourself.

You eat beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by StanRoman
    Why are you letting it bother you bro. Just send it back and quit second guessing yourself.
    That's what I'm doing. The only way I could get it to not error was to loosen the timings from what it's specified at. You shouldn't have to do that, so it's going back. Just got my RMA number today.

Man..hahah, you need to start getting more women (or didn't get enough growing up) to know what I'm trying to get at.Who said not to respect them or anything about respect? ?? ?? Now I'm confused.
    throwing the women out of your house and cussing at her doesn't sound much like respect, all jsut because she didn't cook you breakfast. i've had 1 GF my entire life and hopefully will not have anymore, and i never even thought of doing that b4, been almost 2yrs. dating. i am the one making her meals most of the time, i take her dishes, i help her clean her room and all that stuff. im sorry im not a lazy slob of a man who expects my wife to do all the work around the house, thats not me (and im not saying thats you either.)

you said you cheated on your GF and got dumped, and you "must have been doing something right." doesn't sound right in any way to me. maybe your 6X failure rate over mine deems you have "more experience" than me in this whole field. But i'd rather have less failures and one "success" than a bunch of messups b4 i got it right.

"They'll gladly provide it just to make you feel happy and to see the appreciation in your face. You got to love them!" - But the one day they give you attitide and dont want to do anything for you, you kick them out right? That's what it sounded like to me, with the whole breakfast "test" you described.

"My new GF has passed 5 yrs. of P95 with me so far." <--that is good (as in funny)
    Its All PC

That's what I'm doing. The only way I could get it to not error was to loosen the timings from what it's specified at. You shouldn't have to do that, so it's going back. Just got my RMA number today.
    yah if it doesnt run manufacturerr ratings then it's definetly not OK. I am usually not even happy if it doesn't run a bit tighter timings than advertised. But if it was cheap RAM, its not biggy.
    Its All PC

throwing the women out of your house and cussing at her doesn't sound much like respect, all jsut because she didn't cook you breakfast. i've had 1 GF my entire life and hopefully will not have anymore, and i never even thought of doing that b4, been almost 2yrs. dating. i am the one making her meals most of the time, i take her dishes, i help her clean her room and all that stuff. im sorry im not a lazy slob of a man who expects my wife to do all the work around the house, thats not me (and im not saying thats you either.)

you said you cheated on your GF and got dumped, and you "must have been doing something right." doesn't sound right in any way to me. maybe your 6X failure rate over mine deems you have "more experience" than me in this whole field. But i'd rather have less failures and one "success" than a bunch of messups b4 i got it right.

"They'll gladly provide it just to make you feel happy and to see the appreciation in your face. You got to love them!" - But the one day they give you attitide and dont want to do anything for you, you kick them out right? That's what it sounded like to me, with the whole breakfast "test" you described.

"My new GF has passed 5 yrs. of P95 with me so far." <--that is good (as in funny)
    Well..hahah what can I say to a man that's had only one or two gf's so he understands? You do realize that 1 or 2 GFs and hoping that's it for relationships its NOT normal right? ..you freak me out...seriously no joke. I can't explain or go into detail the point you're missing..I'm really floored here. I've never met anyone with 1 or 2 GFs before. I haven't stayed in relationships because I've found other women that I wanted more so..I moved on. I'm proud that I've only cheated twice on gfs. You do KNOW that a man is as faithful as his options right? Wait, are you over 16 bro?

Just in case..remember one thing I'll tell you. The fact that we're men and we have balls and KNOW how to use them turn women on. Just trust me on that. A woman NEEDS someone stronger than they are, they feel more secure and more protected.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not f'n with you or anything..just curious.

You eat beaver?

yah if it doesnt run manufacturerr ratings then it's definetly not OK. I am usually not even happy if it doesn't run a bit tighter timings than advertised. But if it was cheap RAM, its not biggy.
    Definitely not cheap RAM, this is a $300 kit.
    Last edited by randy989; 06-01-2005 at 11:05 AM.

Right on. Good luck man..I know it sucks to pay that much only to end up disappointed.

You eat beaver?

Well..hahah what can I say to a man that's had only one or two gf's so he understands? You do realize that 1 or 2 GFs and hoping that's it for relationships its NOT normal right? ..you freak me out...seriously no joke. I can't explain or go into detail the point you're missing..I'm really floored here. I've never met anyone with 1 or 2 GFs before. I haven't stayed in relationships because I've found other women that I wanted more so..I moved on. I'm proud that I've only cheated twice on gfs. You do KNOW that a man is as faithful as his options right? Wait, are you over 16 bro?

Just in case..remember one thing I'll tell you. The fact that we're men and we have balls and KNOW how to use them turn women on. Just trust me on that. A woman NEEDS someone stronger than they are, they feel more secure and more protected.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not f'n with you or anything..just curious.
    i turned 17 May 10th this year. i'll be a senior this year, if it matters.

you've never met someone with only 1 GF/BF? That seems odd to me, alot of highskoolers i know have never even had a GF/BF. Might seem odd, my mom never had a BF b4, she met my dad, they got married when she was 18 and he was 20, and over 20yrs. later they are still together.

"A woman NEEDS someone stronger than they are, they feel more secure and more protected." - i would agree 100%. the male is supposed to be the dominant figure in the relationship and in the home. but as the head, i still dont see a problem with being sensitive, doing "women work" like cleaning and crap like that, it's never bothered me. I have friends that date a girl for a month, get bored, dump, move on, jsut as happy as could be...it's "normal" right? Nobody cares. But that's not me, i guess i'll just have to creep you out, but that was not my intention.
    Its All PC