Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: New Guy Needs Help!!

Thanks CMB!

So this is a fully functional recover program, no need to purchase a KEY or anything?

I used it a year or 2 back, if I remember.
    It was fully functional, so I guess it still is.

ok, i guess i'm cursed with this rig. i can't do a damn thing, computer crashes with my new drive and xp, and if i load a cd in there, it just restarts. i'm slowly losing my mind

ok, i actually got this program working. can someone walk me though what exactly i need to do? I am by no means knowledgeable about this stuff

Well I don't actually have it on my machine at the moment.....I am sure it is fairly intuitive and there is a help menu at the top to guide you.

ok, started playing around with this program a little, found my old drive, found the windows file, clicke on find lost data, so far found 799 lost files, got about 75 min. letf. so far so good i guess.

What kind of files were you looking to recover ?
    This will not recover your working setup, just get any important data files that you need...doc files,picture files etc.
    I guess we'll wait till it's done.

whatever i can pull off of it. i had a lot of files of clients, emails i would like to get, but doubt that. we'll see, but whatever i can get, i'll take.

OK, it may recover multiple instances of files, since they may have been written and rewritten numerous times, and may also have been temp files also, so after it's done you''ll have to check which ones are valid and not corrupt and which are the latest.I think it recovers the file dates so that should be a help when you are looking through them..

ok, well this program is finding stuff, just don't know what to do with it when i find it. If it's finding stuff, that means that there is still things on this drive, correct?

apparently there is no file system on this old drive. how can that be?

Yes. you will have to look through all it finds, especially the extensions you need denoting your data files ie .jpg for pictures,.doc for documents, .xls for excel, .mdb for access it might find e-mails... .pst etc etc.not sure about e-mails though.
    It isn't changing your old hard drive at all, the recovered files are on your new drive, so if there are any must have files on the old one that you don't get you could try another recovery program or service that might get them, though you'll no doubt have to pay for it.
    If you get enough from it, then you could go back to trying to reinstall windows and resurrect the old drive , knowing that it won't matter too much if you don't succeed.

Ok I missed that last post...no file system ?
    Where are you at....? What did the recovery program find ?

a TON of files, old directories.

I did get an error now, it says error no.23 drv:129 LBA:775 blocks:1

not sure what that means

does anyone think this will work??

http://www.grc.com/