Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please Read: TLR policy on behavior

Recent events here have caused me to feel the need to stress a couple of points about expected forum behavior.

1) Any actions taken by moderators are between you and the mods. If you feel you've been treated unjustly by a TLR mod take it up privately with another TLR mod, one of the super moderators, member advocate John_C, or any other forum moderator. Don't worry about moderator actions (or not) taken against other members. It's none of your business, and not open for public discussion.

2)The 'Defending yourself' excuse for retaliation is NOT a valid excuse to post any form of personal attack against another member. Defend your ideas, your character will take care of itself.

3) Moderator criticism is welcome as long as it is done in a constructive manner. What do I mean by constructive vs non-constructive? Here's a couple of examples:

Non-constructive: smoked_trout is a right wing neonazi whore!
    In this scenario, smoked_trout really has no response, the post is nothing more than an outburst against smoked_trout and serves no purpose as far as how smoked_trout can improve his behavior. A more constructive plan would have been to contact Vihsadas or Jimz with some examples of smoked_trout's bias against him, asking that he be told to improve his behavior.

Constructive: The TLR moderators should let us post anything we want about other members.

In this scenario, the forum moderators can openly respond as to their reasons why certain rules are in place, and entertain suggestions as to why certain rules should be changed.

Further, criticism of an individual moderator should be taken up with other PCPerspective staff. Again, take up criticism of an individual mod with another TLR moderator, a super moderator, member advocate John_C, or another forum mod. We don't spend time here to be subjected to public ridicule, we actually just want folks to civilly discuss opposing views and justify their perspectives on various issues.

What can I do to help things along? I promise to respond to every PM and every reported post with my reasoning for whatever action I do or don't do. I can't really offer anything more. What do I ask of you TLR members? Show a little respect for other forum members, stick to discussing ideas and refraining from talking about each other. Communicate any problems you have with us moderators back to us, believe it or not we're listening.

And please take note of the issues mentioned in this post, as Vihs and I intend on sticking to this policy.

Bumps are appreciated!

Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Re: Please Read: TLR policy on behavior

I think trout is a left-wing, Stalinist, prude.

Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Does this mean we can be the young adults/adults we are?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    I think trout is a left-wing, Stalinist, prude.
    Orangutan is a hairy monkey!

Excellent except I'd add an additional clause or two.

Article LXVII. Should a forum participant click the report button they will be here forth banned from any and all activity on the PcPer forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody1
    Does this mean we can be the young adults/adults we are?
    Hmmmm.... does posting here change your age?
    Posting here may give a representation of your maturity, which is not necessarily corelated with your chronological age. It is a worthwhile goal that your intellectual and emotional maturity should be advanced for reading what is posted here. But, the responsibility for achieving that goal still lies with the individual. The policies, however, are put in place to ensure certain minimum qualities in the posts. Whether or not you benefit from them is up to you. The mods are merely hoping to provide the opportunity for all users to benefit from the forum.
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.

I think you took him too literally. It's a plea to get people to act mature. He's not saying that it's a prerequisite to post here. He said something similar in the ALB Meltdown thread.

mmmmbump

Quote Originally Posted by afalzone
    mmmmbump
    Is that sort of like mmmbop?

Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

^^^ hanson fan exits closet?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    Is that sort of like mmmbop?

You know, you're pretty funny when you aren't playing Captain Planet

Where's my Mmmbop gone? Dooby da do wa.

Oh crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball 2
    Excellent except I'd add an additional clause or two.

Article LXVII. Should a forum participant click the report button they will be here forth banned from any and all activity on the PcPer forums.
    You've been reported.

Smoked Trout is a stupidhead and he is stinky. Times infinity.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    ^^^ hanson fan exits closet?
    Abit NF7-S rev 2 - 1700+ tbred B @ 2.4 ghz - 512 mb OCZ PC3500EL - ATI 9800 Pro

"see it, believe it, never stop working to make it happen"

CLICK HERE