Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The clock's wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One
    yah. unfortunately...nothing much can be done about it until ryan returns from an out of town trip. once he returns, i will bring this up and see if we cant get it corrected.

cant you fix it?

I mean, your an admin, so surly you can change the time (not realy fixing the problem).. right?

ALso, i remember having time problems aor a LONG time (i have made a few of these threads myself )

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride
    cant you fix it?

I mean, your an admin, so surly you can change the time (not realy fixing the problem).. right?

ALso, i remember having time problems aor a LONG time (i have made a few of these threads myself )
    no...actually i cant. i could...i would i do not have access to the actual server. only Ryan has that access.

this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. Ryan resets the clock (or what ever it is he does to correct the time issue) and then it slowly loses time again. we have talked on this before. at this time, we arent sure exactly why it does this.
    hmm...

no...actually i cant. i could...i would i do not have access to the actual server. only Ryan has that access.

this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. Ryan resets the clock (or what ever it is he does to correct the time issue) and then it slowly loses time again. we have talked on this before. at this time, we arent sure exactly why it does this.

humm.. i would have a chat with the host.. as it seems it isnt the forum software.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

when scientists dont know how to pop the answer,they invite a younger fellow,with some background but no excessive experience or anything..why? cuz the more experience u got,the easier u turn basic stuff down as a problem...

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride
    humm.. i would have a chat with the host.. as it seems it isnt the forum software.
    Ryan is the host. He built the PCPer servers: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=32

Frankly, why the big deal about the clock? The only time I have ever looked at it is when someone complains. Jeeeeez, deal with it!

28 minutes and counting.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

can u edit the first post to include a poll..how many pp lare/arent bothered by it

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    can u edit the first post to include a poll..how many pp lare/arent bothered by it
    lol
    hmm...

I never even noticed the time was shown.
    29 minutes off now.
    Brian

seriously.im curious upon the results m8 (edit .nonpublic so the fearfull will vote as well )

of no board

Here is the NIST's reference list of NTP clients that support virtually all flavors of unix and linux, as well as windoze. Implementing one of the linux clients on the machine hosting these forums should be very simple.

http://tf.nist.gov/general/softwarelist.htm

Quote Originally Posted by John C
    Frankly, why the big deal about the clock? The only time I have ever looked at it is when someone complains. Jeeeeez, deal with it!
    Why even have a clock if it can't be close to accurate? At this rate, in 3 more months or so, it'll be in the wrong time zone....

time is fixed. ryan put in place a time server deal that will hopefully keep the time accurate.

im marking this one resolved for now.
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by John C
    #1 answer, accurate accounting of READ/NOT READ of a forum. Without accurate time, the forum icons rarely turn off stating its been read. The suggestion forum now shows me I've read it.

@TWO, woohoo!