EP-8RDA3+/Thermaltake Silent Boost

Has anyone ran into problems mounting this HSF, contacted Epox and they reffered me to AMD, they only list the Volcano 10 as a suitable HSF for my board, which is a Rev.2.0. My concern is the caps. on the backside of the CPU socket, could be clearence problems? Any info on rigs using this combo would be helpful, thanks in advance!

Dan J.

Cool Re: EP-8RDA3+/Thermaltake Silent Boost

Quote Originally Posted by gosling
    Has anyone ran into problems mounting this HSF, contacted Epox and they reffered me to AMD, they only list the Volcano 10 as a suitable HSF for my board, which is a Rev.2.0. My concern is the caps. on the backside of the CPU socket, could be clearence problems? Any info on rigs using this combo would be helpful, thanks in advance!

Dan J.
    It isn't an extremely large HSF; since I think EPOX adheres to the AMD CPU socket area clearance, I don't think you 'd have any trouble.

If you went with ZALMAN, you 'd have an extensive list of supported boards and even boards that can handle their HSF's with a small alteration ...
    here f.e.: http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7000(AB)_462MBlist_eng.htm

The ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu being a VERY good socket 462 cooler !!!
    Last edited by noorman; 06-06-2005 at 05:14 AM.

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Re: EP-8RDA3+/Thermaltake Silent Boost

The silent boost fits your mainboard well, is real quiet and fairly efficient with stock cpu speeds, but the minute you raise the operating criteria of the cpu, this heatsink lags in keeping up with the increase in thermal output.
    "Use the NForce3 Luke"

I'm using the Thermaltake Silent Boost on my 8VTAI, and yes, those caps are very close to the socket, making installation a pain, though not impossible.
    -The Lost Soul / Eric
    ------------------------------------------
    "Niihukyra"
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard, AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition, Mushkin DDR3 1600 (996657) 4gb kit (2 x 2gb), XFX Radeon HD4890 1gb GDDR5, 750watt Corsair PSU, 2x Western Digital hard drives 80gb + 1tb

"The Blue Dragon"
    EPoX 8VTAI KT-880, AMD XP 3000+/400, Corsair TWINX-C2PRO 1Gig kit DDR400 PC3200, BFG 7600GSOC 512m, 550W Antec PSU, 2 HDs (120g tot.), Memorex DVD+CD/RW 16x48x24x48x, clear side w/ dragon adornments & neon blue.

Cool Re: EP-8RDA3+/Thermaltake Silent Boost

BUMP

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

I got no problems installing Thermaltake Silent Boost on my old 8KRA2+ and after on 8RDA6+ PRO. It's a good HSF. But it's good only it gets dusty. There's no silence after. I've made a "cool" pair. The heatsink from Thermaltake Silent Boost and the fan from a Titan TTC-D9TB/CU35/R1. It's a good solution for me and also a silent one... And I think that the CPU is even cooler now.