Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Re: What is O-Dog having for supper tonight?

omg... I need brisket.

damn

That looks awesome, and I have done slow "Dry Cook" brisket plenty of times at work, and sometimes long aged quick broil london shave, but for my money, brisket is best the way my Bubbie did it, slow cook onion broth braise. It's in my blood.

Now I'm thinking of doing a brisket friday, butcher tomorow, cure on thursday
    Last edited by collie man; 06-22-2016 at 02:27 AM.

I bought a pellet smoker. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    I bought a pellet smoker. More to come.
    Nice.

I made 2 good things last week

Grilled pork tenderloin with grilled brussels sprouts. I made a sauce with fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar and shallots and put that over teh pork. So good, just the right balance of tart from the balsamic and sweet from the strawberries, plus some herb from the rub i put on the pork (rosemary, paprika, corriander, salt & pepper).

I don't have any finished product photos, but I did some steaks for Father's Day. 2" thick bone in dry aged prime strip steaks. Cooked sous vide, then I put my baking steel on the grill and seared them on that (imagine a big griddle/plancha) Sliced and served with some corn on the cob and a tomato & feta salad

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Very nice! You are really digging the sous vide cooking method for steaks, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    Very nice! You are really digging the sous vide cooking method for steaks, eh?
    Love it man... the consistency and convenience factor are pretty awesome. Don't have to worry about nailing internal temps, don't have to worry about timing

Trust me, I do science

This week it was gyro time again. Tweaked the tzatziki recipe to tone down the raw garlic and added some quick-pickled red onions. tastes good mang

also made myself a nice porterhouse steak, peppercorn brandy sauce, a nice twice baked potato and side salad... mmmmm

Trust me, I do science

I am Coda and I approve of this message.

Been a while, so I'll do a big drop of random crap I've made since my last post:

mmm pizza:

Skirt steak with chimmichurri, heirloom tomato salad and local corn on the cob:

Porterhouse porkchops with peaches and basil, Elotes:

Bolognese with fresh fettucine (recipe)

Heirloom tomato and burrata:

This was an appetizer from a restaurant in west/greenwich village (Quality Eats)
    Grilled Nueske's bacon with peanut butter and jalepeno jelly. Delicious:

Labor day pile of meat! Grilled skirt steak marinaded in some concoction loosely based on THIS with several substitutions.

Served with potato salad, bell pepper salad:

And a nice, refreshing Hop Lab: Citra direct from the source at Kane, one of NJ's best breweries

Trust me, I do science

Long time, no update? Here we go!

Grilled skirt steak, grilled corn, shallot, heirloom tomato "salad" tossed with a parsley and a warm vinaigrette on a bed of spinach. Beer pairing: Other Half & Bunker collab "Boogie Board Stuntz"

Buffalo chicken meatballs on an apple and celery slaw, homemade blue cheese dressing. Served with a wedge salad with bacon and shallots:

Korean BBQ at Dons Bogam in Koreatown (Manhattan). Prime short ribs, marinated prime short rib, and prime rib eye. so good. I suck at chopsticks. Drink pairing: Grapefruit Soju

Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, minted baby peas and lingonberry jam

Last night!

Made naan on my grill, came out AMAZING! Didn't even know you could make something like this at home so easily. Prep took about 10-15 minutes with my stand mixer. Proof time was around ~3.5 hours, divided into individual balls at 2 hours. Rolled out and threw them on the grill.

Used them to make gyros using the serious eats recipe I've been using for a while. So much better than the flatbreads and pitas I can get in my local supermarkets. Beer Pairing: Carton Boat Beer

Trust me, I do science