Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Re: What is O-Dog having for supper tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Dude, gonna have to take away your Metalhead card with a comment like that. What's next, the beef isn't cooked enough? Couldn't replace it with tofu? The shame, .
    Who is this guy taunting me? An apparition from the past? lol Damn dude where you been? A guy can't comment on some delicious looking salads without his card being threatened I guess. By the way thanks for the game dude \m/

Haven't posted here in 6+ months! Time to keep it real with a little back catalogue action

Last night it was Gyro/Kebab time! Homemade gyro loaf thing with home ground lamb+bacon, lettuce, garlic sauce, quick pickled red onion etc

Superbowl: Buffalo chicken Nachos (slow cooked chicken thighs shredded and buffalo-ized, home made cheddar cheese sauce, grated cheese, refried beans, black beans, jalepenos, pico de gallo, etc) It was like buffalo wings and nachos in one decadent pile of cheese and sodium

Slow cooked chili. Dried whole chili puree, braised short rib, too many other ingredients to name all cooked for like 5 hours. 100% delicious. Loosely based off of the Serious Eats "best chili ever" recipe

Last dinner when I was home in Jan (before flying back to UK). Bunch of awesome pizzas I made. From top left going clockwise: sausage, plain, pepperoni, prosciutto and roasted red pepper

Made this pie in England in my tiny janky kitchen. Came out good:

This was months ago but it looks tasty (if out of focus). Sous vide steak, "hasselback" tomatoes, mexican style street corn (elotes?)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Wow that's some good eats there! Would make me hungry if I hadn't just eaten
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I just remembered why i hated reading thepugh this thread Xd...worse part is, I won't be able to grab food for a few more hours Xd

Went out to dinner on Tuesday for another beer/food pairing menu at the Rocky Hill Inn. This time Founders was the brewery. The food was excellent. The beer was good too, but pretty straightforward for the most part. The Mango Magnifico was the only beer I hadn't had already and while it was tasty, with a nice fiery kick at the end, it was also a bit too sweet and syrupy for my taste. All in all, it was a really fun night.

Sorry for the low light potato phone shots. They're in the same order as the menu

Trust me, I do science

Came across some "rib cap" in my grocery store the other day. In case you're wondering, this is the part of a ribeye above the "eye", known as the Spinalis Dorsi muscle. It is the best part of any cut anywhere and I don't care if you disagree because you're wrong. Why it was cut off a perfectly good rib roast, I don't know, but I picked up a little package of it for a few bucks a pound, which was a steal. Perfect for an awesome cheesesteak. Sauteed some peppers and onions, liberally salted/peppered the steak and cooked quickly on a nice hot skillet, making sure not to cook the steak all the way through (though its tender enough that it wouldn't get tough anyway). Added a tiny splash of worchestershire sauce and some provolone and served on a torpedo roll. delicious.

Trust me, I do science

O-Dog eats well!
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

broke out the smoker this weekend. BBQ'd up some pork shoulder, made some coleslaw and baked a blueberry pie. The weather was perfect for it this weekend

Last edited by Activate: AMD; 05-17-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Trust me, I do science

you haven't ate dinner in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by AceMaverickPain View Post
    you haven't ate dinner in a long time
    Smartass. I've eaten plenty of dinners.... I just haven't cooked much since I've been on the road

Saturday before mother's day:

Sous vide berkshire pork chops with a cider pan sauce with apples and shallots, duck fat roasted baby blue potatoes, and brussels sprouts sauteed with prosciutto.

Before:

During the Derby:

Dinner:

Mothers day - Grilled ribeye steaks, baked potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise:

Trust me, I do science

Grilled short ribs with chimichurri, grilled potato salad with feta and lemon, and a bell pepper salad with fresh mozzarella

Trust me, I do science

Noms

Memorial day smoked brisket! Salt/pepper rub, cooked to 205F... nice and tender, maybe a tad dry, but still totally delicious. Served with grilled romaine hearts with buttermilk dill dressing and a nice homemade potato salad. Delicious

Trust me, I do science