Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: What is O-Dog having for supper tonight?

last night was spaghetti and homemade meatballs and homemade sauce with a side salad.

finished the night watching baseball with my 2 buddies, we split a six packs of River Horse Special Ale, Magic Hat Circus Boy, and Weihenstephaner hefe-weissbier.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

any suggestions for tonight? I have to think up something, but I feel uninspired

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    any suggestions for tonight? I have to think up something, but I feel uninspired
    I don't think you an ever go wrong with a Filet Mignon (never any more done than medium rare) and a loaded baked potato

Washed down with a dark craft beer

The wife's homemade chili.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    I don't think you an ever go wrong with a Filet Mignon (never any more done than medium rare) and a loaded baked potato

Washed down with a dark craft beer
    Ah so true. There are a pair of very small filet mignons in the freezer, which might be tomorrow night's dinner. I'm cooking for me and my sister since my parents aren't home.

I went with a chicken fajita style thing. took some chicken with a tangy southwest inspired marinade, grilled it and some red peppers and corn-on-the-cob (all grilled to minimize mess . Cut up the chicken and peppers, threw it on a wheat flatbread with some refried beans, sour cream and homemade pico-de-gallo. delicious and very little cleanup!

Washed down with a Yards Brawler Ale which is a darker, malty ale. pretty good but I'm really more of a pale-ale, ESB, or hefeweizen type guy myself

Trust me, I do science

not a big fan of the weiss beers but did have a delicious beer on fire Island Fire Island Red Wagon IPA and Lighthouse ale

Tonight was chicken cutlets, Lasagna and garlic bread all home cooked by my sister in law
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

made this gem tonight. Farfalle with grilled chicken, tomatoes, garlic, baby spinach, mozzarella, and olive oil. Should really have had it with wine, but there was none in the house. :\

Trust me, I do science

Looks awesome.

And never underestimate milk.
    \_(ツ)_/
    ZGA Everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Looks awesome.

And never underestimate milk.
    haha so true, it is often my drink of choice. I'm amazed when I go to other peoples houses and they don't have like 3 gallons of milk in the fridge. My family goes through a lot!

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    haha so true, it is often my drink of choice. I'm amazed when I go to other peoples houses and they don't have like 3 gallons of milk in the fridge. My family goes through a lot!
    my family always had lot of milk. i must have had 1/2 gallon a day myself...

Tonight was home made mac and cheese. I can't take credit though, my dad cooked it. I made Swedish meatballs yesterday and they were delicious.

Trust me, I do science

I am gonna make Taco Dip. I start with a 9x9 pan, I spread Philly cream cheese in the pan, I then make taco meat as normal, only instead of adding water I add a jar of salsa. let it cook down and add to the pan. finally I sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheater over top and place in the microwave (do not turn on, just let the cheese melt on its own, kinda like an incubator) for about 10 minutes or so. then enjoy with whatever kind or corn chips you like.

I'm on my own for dinner tonight since its my parents anniversary and they're going out to dinner (still living at home :\ ) I'm feeling a bit ambitious today, anybody have any cool suggestions for things I should cook?

PS: that taco dip recipe looks really good, I'm going to have to try that sometime, I'm thinking opening weekend of football

Trust me, I do science

His taco dip is good, I've had it, great football/movie/beer drinking food. Leftover pizza for me tonight, not that I mind

My boss wound up taking my research group out for a big lunch, so my ambitions to cook something nice kinda withered...

Tonight though is smoked pork tenderloin with home-made BBQ sauce and rub. I put some wood chips in a tinfoil packet in the gas grill to get the smoke going. Sides are oven fries seasoned with paprika and rosemary and green beans.

Picked up Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale to wash it all down

Trust me, I do science