Help Needed OCing my 2500+ XP-M (Need Epox Modded Bios)

After reading Shadow's upgrade thread I realized that I should finally get off my arse and get try to get my 2500-M back to where it used to be. Its running 1.8Ghz right now because the modded BIOS I was using to run it at 2.4 (A merlin one) Caused a cold boot problem that took roughly 70 restarts (over the course of 2 straight hours) to finally get to sucessfully boot, at which time I switched back to my Epox BIOS and have stayed safe since then.

I have not done the wire mod, which is what that BIOS included and what I need to get such high FSB's, (like over 166 with my mobile, dont know if that is normal or not.) That was my reason for getting the Bios's, as well as why I have to keep it so low (stable) now.

However that was months ago, and although I dont notice a performance decrease and am happy at its stock speed, I know it is capable of 2.4 and I now have more time to give towards it (im out of school now and only working 45 hours a week)

Anyway, to get things started I was hoping someone would be able to dig up a link to an 8RDA3+ Modded BIOS thread, from which I can download the BIOS. The main thing the BIOS needed is the wire trick embedded into the BIOS, seeing as how that is the main thing holding me back from 2.4/5 Ghz, and I want to do this through the BIOS, not through a physical mod, preferably.

Any help in finding a working or perhaps since I last downloaded one, an improved romsip BIOS for my Epox board would be much appreciated.

Re: Help Needed OCing my 2500+ XP-M (Need Epox Modded Bios)

My brother uses an epox 8rda+ type of mobo(6+ I believe). He frequents this forum:
    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

He uses a modded bios by -=merlin=- with a built in software L12 mod(the wire trick you mentioned I believe). He got it from there, in fact he was one of the bios testers for Merlin.

There are even epox techies posting there, I think

A warning though: it's a bit of a fanboy forum, don't say anything bad about epox over there
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae - J. Caesar, De Bello Gallico

Humans are for 60% water. The rest essentially are proteins
    FOLD, so one day we may understand them

I know of the AoA forums, but the serveral merlin threads that are there have dead links and the beginning links are old at that and sometimes removed.

Was hoping to find someone who would know where to get an updated bios.

Hey John

You can usually find files released on the forums of AOA at the file section of AOA's homepage.

http://files.aoaforums.com/index.php?search=simple
    --> search for "8rda3" and you should find merlins bios release for the ep-8rda3+

Cheers
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx