Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "This is the most stupid ruling rendered in years" - Attorney Frederick Cohn

I don’t agree with the sexual offender charge but in these days with today’s laws and with public attitude the way it is it’s very, very risky business putting your hands on a minor child especially if that child isn’t your own, hell even talking to a minor that isn’t your own is borderline crazy.

My thoughts are similar to notdrugged on this issue. The only time I ever laid a hand on any of my kids is when they were toddlers and that was just a pat on the diaper to get their attention. As soon as they are old enough to have a basic understanding of what you’re saying or an understanding of the tone of your voice there is no need to spank them. My mom and dad never spanked me let alone gave me a beating. My folks had away of explaining things that made me understand I was doing wrong, after a lecture from my dad I often felt very bad/foolish for what I did wrong.

Along with the assault charge you might throw in child abuse and child endangerment.

Beware and be very cautious…

Re: "This is the most stupid ruling rendered in years" - Attorney Frederick Cohn

the sexual offender charge is ridiculous.

i hope that gets appealed and the appeal is successful, who knows what this could lead to.
    Abit NF7-S rev 2 - 1700+ tbred B @ 2.4 ghz - 512 mb OCZ PC3500EL - ATI 9800 Pro

"see it, believe it, never stop working to make it happen"

CLICK HERE

The judge needs his @$$ kicked, or hit by a car if he ever jaywalks.

Note to self : Yell out the window of the car…

Quote Originally Posted by 'K-
    A) If she was so brilliant and can understand life-threatening situations so well then why did she just walk aimlessly out in front of a car, not even paying attention to traffic? It appears to me that she didn't understand.

B) You assume too much. Please provide a link proving that the guy was on a cellphone and driving like a bat out of hell, because I did not see that part of the story.

C) Like I said, if you grab someone's arm, that is called "assault." I'm fine with him being charged with assault and he if he was found guilty, I support what ever punishment goes along with that conviction. However, that is in no way related to sexual assault.

In conclusion I submit to you that he very well have overreacted and should be charged with a crime, but sexual assault is not the crime. And YOU still would rather some yahoo on his cellphone driving like a bat out of hell to have grabbed your daughter and yelled at her instead of hitting and possibly killing her. I'm not saying any actions are right, but he reacted in the HEAT of the moment. The court had time to CALMLY look at this case and decided not to punish him appropiately but to go to the access of shoving him in the category with men who molest and sexually assault minors. I can't believe any logical human can draw a reasonable link between the two...

My point is neither one of us was there and could possibly know exactly what happened. It appeared to me you had this insane idea that the guy was justified for the fact he didn't really kill the girl. Okay, and the cliche "provide a link" bit. Endearing.

The other point being that if it is proven that someone assualted another person, you and I know good and well that there's probably a thousand varying degrees of interpretation for this. Nonetheless, I may not agree with extending the definition of a crime without better evidence, nor do I give a *poo* for this ass-brain, so there's no way you're going to instill some respect for him. I have none whatsoever. NONE. Simply because death by motor vehicle/3rd degree murder is typically a felony nobody wants to get stuck with, so I wouldn't say this twizzler-••••• was any kind of knight in shining armor. Just some hot-shot with his ass on his shoulders.
    Last edited by notdrugged; 07-04-2005 at 12:04 AM.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    My point is neither one of us was there and could possibly know exactly what happened. It appeared to me you had this insane idea that the guy was justified for the fact he didn't really kill the girl. Okay, and the cliche "provide a link" bit. Endearing.

The other point being that if it is proven that someone assualted another person, you and I know good and well that there's probably a thousand varying degrees of interpretation for this. Nonetheless, I may not agree with extending the definition of a crime without better evidence, nor do I give a *poo* for this ass-brain, so there's no way you're going to instill some respect for him. I have none whatsoever. NONE. Simply because death by motor vehicle/3rd degree murder is typically a felony nobody wants to get stuck with, so I wouldn't say this twizzler-••••• was any kind of knight in shining armor. Just some hot-shot with his ass on his shoulders.
    This is my last response, simply because I can't understand how you are missing the point of this thread so horribly. Nobody is trying to defend him. What we are saying is charge him with the crime he committed, if he committed any crime at all. If you jay-walk, you should get a ticket for jay-walking not charged with home-invasion. I, personally, don't care what happens to this guy either. However, I do want fairness in the justice system simply because I don't want myself or someone I love to be screwed over because of a paranoid public. Is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by 'K-
    This is my last response, simply because I can't understand how you are missing the point of this thread so horribly. Nobody is trying to defend him. What we are saying is charge him with the crime he committed, if he committed any crime at all. If you jay-walk, you should get a ticket for jay-walking not charged with home-invasion. I, personally, don't care what happens to this guy either. However, I do want fairness in the justice system simply because I don't want myself or someone I love to be screwed over because of a paranoid public. Is that hard to understand?
    No, it's easy to understand. Point taken. I wasn't trying to miss the point, I just couldn't make sense of your comparisons about a child getting run over and lester molester grabbing a 14-yr old kid. I don't care what he was doing it for, and neither did the jury. Because of that, they acted poorly. It is a sign of the times, indeed. How we let so much corruption into our legal system so that jurors can pat themselves on the backs for "sticking it to them", and lawyers rub their hands together in giddy preparation for appeals that shouldn't have been necessary.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?