Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ATI HDTV Wonder problems

Wow! this worked on my problem as well. thanks for the post Evil Dr. X
    I've been trying to figure out this turner problem for days,and I was ready to return it.
    Is there a fix for XP MCE? I tried editing the path but did not work on Media Center

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    It does not at this time. It's just for over the air HD broadcast you pickup with an antenna.
    Is this gonna change soon? Is there a tv card that does work with HD/digital cable?
    bah weep gra na weep ninny bong

Look for it in late '06, me thinks and to answer the second part....no, sorry! You and me both, btw!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

This card will accept un-encrypted HDTV signals from cable (QAM decoding), but the only ones you will find unencrypted are the "must-carry" stations, ie networks and PBS.
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/pro...deo/mdp130.asp

Thanks so much, John! More here:
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/cn_myhd_1.asp
    Something to think about:
    Q. How much hard disk space is required to record HDTV?
    A. ATSC signals require 8.7GB per hour.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Jord043,
    HDTV wonder will not work standalone with mce 2005, another tuner is required before the HD tuner will work. MCE will not recognize both the tuners on the card.
    There is a workaround(hack) to get the HDTV wonder working. I have mine running .
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=406086

I thought I would give this a shot and see if anyone is lurking around this thread anymore.

I have the HDTV Wonder card. I lived in Northern NJ with in 3 miles of NYC and picked up alot of channels right over the air with the antenna it comes with.

I just moved about 15 miles inland in a very mountainy area. I didn't think that I would get much and I don't.

I have a friend who lives a few miles from me now and we have the same cable company. He has an HD tuner in his TV and he is able to get the local networks in HD (CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, and so on) by taking his cable and plugging it into the TV. He has no cable card or anything. He doesn't pay for anything specail, just basic cable like I do.

I try the same thing with my HDTV Wonder and I get nothing.

Any thoughts on why?

Thanks,
    DD

It's built for OTA (over the air) signals only as I understand it. The cable signals are scrambled. The tuner in his TV may have the descrambler in it....(??)

Spoiler!

The HDTV wonder receives OTA digital using ATSC protocol, the cable companies use QAM protocol. Probably the cable company is sending unencrypted local digital tv down the cable and your friend has an HDTV that also has a QAM tuner built into it.
    Some tv's come with an ATSC/QAM tuner