Dump Off Topic & Lightning Round

Time for this site to get back to basics.

Re: Dump Off Topic & Lightning Round

maybe tlr for it sparks a lotta "chhhhhhh" but ot is cool

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Wow that's an awesome idea, great reason you gave there. I think I will elect you for Prime Minister.

Honestly... me and many others stay because of those two forums, sure we spend time in the other forums, but a bit of daily gossip keeps us going.

OT has been here as long as I've been a member. I don't see the point in dumping that section at all. You'll get no argument from me regarding the dumping of TLR though. It started out okay but now just seems pretty pointless anymore.

Edited by The Wise One
    Last edited by The Wise One; 07-12-2005 at 06:21 PM. Reason: partial comments edit. pure speculation and unfounded.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Yes, I'll modify my request to dump TLR but hold onto OT.

Quote Originally Posted by XA04
    Wow that's an awesome idea, great reason you gave there. I think I will elect you for Prime Minister.

Honestly... me and many others stay because of those two forums, sure we spend time in the other forums, but a bit of daily gossip keeps us going.

Agreed, this is a big connection to whats happening on the net for me, and around the world. And no, im not a closed individual, I watch the news and typically have my TV tuned to CNN to stay current in the world events, but this place plays a big part in it as well. The OT atleast, most of the topics in TLR are only good for reading the primary posts.

Name a forum that doesnt have an OT btw. (or message board, that is.)

Dumping TLR would be like dumping the sports pages in a newspaper.
    Some people read it, some don't, but it's all part of the overall package.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

yea, tlr is really quite pointless

if you want to argue politics on a computer board (lol) go out and do it somewhere else. its teh same arguments time and time again, and the same people giving out the same exact opinions constantly

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

'Maybe there are some lessons for us all with Vihasadas leaving...and Snowball before him.'

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...9&postcount=19
    Last edited by arcturus; 08-17-2005 at 11:27 PM.

Maine, the way life should be, underpaid, overpriced,and taxed to death

Prior to last years elections, TLR was really a great place to gain perspective on a wide range of topics. I have been going in there for a long time and it used to be quite enlightening.

And then came along 1 or 2 cut and paste trolls that are still there only to get out their daily slap at people and to stir up crap with their one and only message, which has served to create alot of really bad feelings on this board.

So unless those couple either go away, or people totally stop even taking the bait and replying to the obvious trolling, or they get banned, I dont see TLR having a positive impact here, as what is said in TLR has surely had a negative impact on a lot of members and caused undue hard feelings towards otherwise some really great members of this board.

The loss of Vis and Snowball2 as mods should serve to show that it has become a place of endless negitivity, and they will be missed.

There have been off topic posts and threads way before OT forum was even created, only it used to be posted in "general" forum instead. That's why OT (and later TLR) were created, to keep that kind of posts apart from the real tech-related questions and comments.

I think OT still serves its function to this day, although I cannot really say I have had good experiences in TLR. That said, I simply don't visit there all that much anymore unless I'm ready for the heat, and that's how it was planned from the start. You don't like it, fine, there's a lot of other forums to read and post in. Other people might feel quite comfortable in there.

I'd say, keep them both as places for people to play, chat, exercise their creativity, express their political/religious opinions, or simply vent whatever is annoying them.
    ***STILL WITH THE DARK SIDE, BUT PLANNING TO GO BACK TO AMD SOON ***

C2D E6400/ GA-P35-DS3 / HD4670

Quote Originally Posted by arcturus
    Yes, I'll modify my request to dump TLR but hold onto OT.
    lets have a vote

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

I vote to keep TLR. if we dump it, chances are those few spoillers will spill back over into OT and the rest of the forums and ruin the whole place.