nVidia vs VIA vs KT

Who makes best chipsets? Personally i've had a wonderful experience with nVidia chipsets and hopefully as soon as I sell this machine im gnna go back to nVidia. My current mobo is KT

Re: nVidia vs VIA vs KT

IMHO

For the AMD64

Nvidia
    SiS
    uLI
    VIA

However, uLI is coming out with a new chipset that may give nVidia a run for the money. I cannot imagine I will ever own another VIA.
    Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (9x245 2.205g)
    Chaintech VNF4 Ultra (V4 Bios)
    1 Gig (2x512) Mushkin Enhanced Blue PC3200
    (Memory at 2-2-2-10 1T @ 2.9v w/166 divider)
    Thermalright XP90 w/Delta 3 Blade Low Speed
    Samsung HD160JJ 160 Gig SATA II
    Gigabyte Geforce 6600 (GV-NX6612DP)
    Benq DW1620 Pro 16x DVDR/RW DL
    LiteOn LTD-166s DVD
    Antec SLK 3000B w/ NeoPower 480w
    Samsung 900DF monitor
    Win XP Pro w/SP2

u can start puting the uli after nvidia bout now...neu chipset will kik arse,and of course itll be pretty cheap...not that a chaintec vnf4 aint

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by syedrehankn
    Who makes best chipsets? Personally i've had a wonderful experience with nVidia chipsets and hopefully as soon as I sell this machine im gnna go back to nVidia. My current mobo is KT
    Your Aopen is a VIA. It is a K8T model, which might be where you are confused.

FWIW, I have had good and bad VIA chipset, and I have had good and bad Nvidia chipsets.
    Nvidia's usually better for overclocking. I have found the VIA's to be very stable once properly set up.
    SIS seems to be coming on a bit, there earlier stuff really seemed like garbage.
    ULI I have no experience with at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John C
    Your Aopen is a VIA. It is a K8T model, which might be where you are confused.

FWIW, I have had good and bad VIA chipset, and I have had good and bad Nvidia chipsets.
    Nvidia's usually better for overclocking. I have found the VIA's to be very stable once properly set up.
    SIS seems to be coming on a bit, there earlier stuff really seemed like garbage.
    ULI I have no experience with at all.
    I agree with John's statement also. Nvidia as of late is my choice and I don't do any overclocking. I have an Asus K8V SE with a VIA chipset here and it's been running fine for quite some time. I have seen people have bad luck with ULI chipsets, but the new ones may be better.
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

I miss the days when my VIA KT400 would obliterate everything fully oc'd. All my buddies had nVidia SPP's. Then the full on Ultra 400 came out w/dual channel, better RAID features, more oc'ing options, GbE.... Even though the trusty KT400 could put up a fight, after that there hasn't been much that VIA has put out to lead the market like nVidia does. I've had tons of chipsets from all four manufacturers.
    Sis has never made a lasting impression on me, limited features, feels like it's behind the rest of the pack. When I bought my first K8T800 Pro, I really enjoyed the chipset and to be honest, VIA's K8T series was the only thing that could meet or beat the nForce3 Ultra and nForce4; highly reliable, very stable, good o'c and tons of features. WIth the intro of the nForce4 Ultra, the K8T890 really lost out and VIA has taken a fall in my opinion. Now they are opting for strength by building new, innovative mobile processors and working twoards a solid chipset for the next AMD socket. We shall see. The uLI stuff has been very intruiging to see it mature, Ive been really impressed with the ease of use and solid innovation that the two Abit KU8's Ive experienced have had. My thoughts on where they stand:

#1: nVidia (All around best performer, driving force of the market)
    #2: VIA (A distant second b/c of the K8T890, still legendary stability and a good performer, used to be the top dog in features)
    #3 uLI (A close third, needs more features and a better performance track record to take VIA's position, still this company has a great future if they keep it up)
    #4 SIS (Like I said, has yet to make a lasting impression, lacks features and I hate their drivers)

Butters
    Heatware
    EbayFeedback under snowxracer85
    PM me for more info OR
    snowxracer85@hotmail.com