Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

GOP/DNC - Setting the ethics bar

George W. Bush <--- Al Qaeda's #1 Recruiter

GWB - "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
    On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    The only two things you ever need to know about GWB:
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

Re: GOP - Setting the ethics bar

Official Friday flaimbait linkage and cartoon post??
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

jrhv, I think you forgot one:

3. FEC Finds Misreporting by DeLay Committee

Oh, I guess it's going to be a tit-for-tat thread.

I was actually going to post with a better suggestion. And that would be to make a

***GOP Corruption Game Thread***

Kind of like the Word Game but each poster has to post about a different ongoing corruption scandal involving the GOP. Better posts involve government officials but we'll accept posts about GOP supporting factions because we can't overlook the excellent entertainment value - and there are just SO many.

The AirAmerica link is "okay" but better posts would be those about people who are truly "evil beyond redemption and completely unremorseful". From what I've heard, AA is trying to make amends though the article states otherwise.
    Last edited by Chiles4; 08-12-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiles4
    jrhv, I think you forgot one:

3. FEC Finds Misreporting by DeLay Committee

Oh, I guess it's going to be a tit-for-tat thread.

I was actually going to post with a better suggestion. And that would be to make a

***GOP Corruption Game Thread***

Kind of like the Word Game but each poster has to post about a different ongoing corruption scandal involving the GOP. Better posts involve government officials but we'll accept posts about GOP supporting factions because we can't overlook the excellent entertainment value - and there are just SO many.

The AirAmerica link is "okay" but better posts would be those about people who are truly "evil beyond redemption and completely unremorseful". From what I've heard, AA is trying to make amends though the article states otherwise.
    Thanks, I meant to post that but didn't have the time to find the link/headline for that scandal.

Governor Rowland anyone? Oh, I mean ex-Governor Rowland...

On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

Quote Originally Posted by jrhvball
    Thanks, I meant to post that but didn't have the time to find the link/headline for that scandal.

Governor Rowland anyone? Oh, I mean ex-Governor Rowland...
    Yeah amazing how AA is admitting wrong-doing, people are resigning, and the company is trying to actually solve the problem, make amends, whetever you wanna call it.

Notice how when Delay is asked about anything regarding the scandal, he answers with the typical "left wing liberal media conspiracy" crap.

Honor and integrity....noble thoughts.

^^^ And when Boxer gets accused of the same... suddenly a rarity happens... her trap shuts...

Maine, the way life should be, underpaid, overpriced,and taxed to death

http://www.nationalreview.com/pfeiff...0508120808.asp

Over the past week, a number of financial dealings have come to light that question Corzine's judgment and place him in a serious conflict of interest as he embarks on a campaign to further his political ambitions. Last week it was reported by several news outlets that Corzine had made an undisclosed loan of $470,000 to former girlfriend Carla Katz. That would be no one's business except that Katz happens to be head of New Jersey’s largest union, the Communications Workers of America.

Corzine failed to report the loan on his Senate expense reports. Six months after Corzine made the loan to Katz, the Communications Workers of America endorsed his 2000 Senate campaign. Katz has refused to speak with reporters, but maintains her residence in a Corzine-owned apartment in Hoboken.

Sherry Sylvester, campaign and communications director for Corzine’s election opponent Doug Forrester, tells National Review Online that the loan calls into question Corzine’s integrity: “There is no question there’s a conflict. A half-million-dollar loan to the state’s largest labor union is a conflict. Imagine the outrage if Tom DeLay gave half a million dollars to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. What’s more, Corzine did not disclose his loans on his Senate reports. He’s the richest man in the U.S. Senate in his own right, but won’t even reveal his financial partnerships that he promised to dissolve when taking office. All of New Jersey’s big print outlets agree Corzine’s conflicts are serious.”

^^Wow. Somebody else here reads NRO.

And I wouldnt make too much of Abramoff and his thug buddies jrvh...his stink is all over democrats as well...not like hes fussy about who hes in bed with....and these guys were all playing footsy with Gotti back in the days.
    I think Forbes has a pretty good history of these criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    ^^^ And when Boxer gets accused of the same... suddenly a rarity happens... her trap shuts...

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^^

-The Gipper

Ohio Governor Found Guilty of Ethics Violations

Gee, another upstanding GOP rep...