Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: GOP - Setting the ethics bar

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/12/mcgreevey.nj/

jr, crooked politics isn't exclusive to one party, in spite of your seeing it as so. So to be fair and balanced, I've provided the above link for your perusal.

It took only one shot at google... New Jersey>governor>scandal... I only gave you their first result... you will probably want to read the other 385,999 results.

Granted, this guy's funny dealings have nothing to do with free golf and football tickets, so you probably think its off-topic... but there it is.

As I remember it there is another part to this puzzle that wasn’t fully explained in the article you cite.

I seem to recall that McGreevey’s homosexual partner Golan Cipel was of Israeli descent and he was appointed to the head security job having something to do with NJ Homeland Defense. He had no security experience, he was totally unqualified for the job and he had a very substantial salary.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    he was totally unqualified for the job and he had a very substantial salary.

Sounds like most poloticians to me
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Quote Originally Posted by Soundforbjt
    Sounds like most poloticians to me
    Owned…

Ya got me…

Prosecutors: Cunningham Violated Bribery Law

Maybe the GOP led Congress can pass a law allowing Repubs to keep their seats while serving time. It seems that might be the only way they can keep a majority.
    George W. Bush <--- Al Qaeda's #1 Recruiter

GWB - "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
    On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    The only two things you ever need to know about GWB:
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

Why don't we call this the "Politician Corruption Thread"?

Yes, there's corruption in the Republican party, oh no! There's corruption in both parties. It's called politics.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

politics and honesty are mutually exculsive terms. I thought everyone knew that.
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST

Quote Originally Posted by l3p3r_M355i4h
    politics and honesty are mutually exculsive terms. I thought everyone knew that.
    LOL I'm reminded of an old George Carlin comedy bit.

People always claim that they want their polticiains to be honest. But who are they fooling? If honesty and dignity were suddenly introduced into the maintream political arena, the entire system would collapse. That's why the people elected and re-elected Bill Clinton. People like their bull$hit right up front and out in the open, where they can get a good strong whiff of it. Clinton always said "hey I'm fulla $hit how do you like that!" and people were like, "well at least he's honest about being full of shit."

OMG breaking news guys!!!

http://politiciansarecorrupt.omgwtfbbqgrass.org

who knew!
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf165
    OMG breaking news guys!!!

http://politiciansarecorrupt.omgwtfbbqgrass.org

who knew!
    I clicked on that damn link. WTF. well, at least it wasn't goatse or something like that...
    3v1l l337
    Athlon X2 3800+ @2.6 GHz 1.4 vcore
    TT Big Typhoon
    2x512 DDR 400 2.5-3-3-7 1T@ 216MHz
    Evga NF4 Mobo (rebranded jetway)
    evga 7800GT@stock currently
    80GB SATA

Dreams are like appendixes. Utterly useless, and rarely deadly...

WTS "WANG" x1 PST

An update on those "Hammer" folks. I wouldn't want Katrina to dominate all of the bad news for the GOP.

Indictments Added in GOP Fundraising Case
    A Texas grand jury added new indictments yesterday to criminal charges against U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's top political fundraiser and the executive director of a Texas political action committee that DeLay organized to orchestrate a Republican takeover of the Texas House in 2002.

The grand jury alleged that James W. Ellis, who has raised money for DeLay's Americans for a Republican Majority political action committee (ARMPAC) as well as for an offshoot known as Texans for a Republican Majority (TRMPAC), illegally contributed $190,000 in corporate funds to the Republican National Committee within 60 days of the 2002 state election.

It also alleged that Ellis and John Colyandro, TRMPAC's director at the time, conspired to deliver the funds to Terry Nelson, the Republican National Committee's deputy chief of staff, and that they supplied Nelson with the names of Texas Republican House candidates who eventually received the funds.

Ellis and Colyandro were indicted in 2004 on state money-laundering charges related to the same transaction, which had the effect of pumping corporate money into races that were barred from receiving them by state law. Both men have denied any wrongdoing.

Last week, the same grand jury indicted the Texas committee for having funneled the $190,000 and additional corporate money into Republican campaign coffers, a violation of Texas election law that bars corporate contributions to state campaigns.

Ronald Earle, the Travis County district attorney overseeing the investigation, is laboring under an end-of-the-month deadline to bring forward most indictments related to fundraising for the election due to the three-year statute of limitations governing such crimes.

His probe has led to charges against three individuals, eight corporations, TRMPAC and the Texas Association of Business.

-- R. Jeffrey Smith
    It won't be long before Delay is implicated in all of this...

On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

Maine, the way life should be, underpaid, overpriced,and taxed to death

I guess you forgot these in your EVENHANDED reporting
    http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_local...088781,00.html

The potential political backlash for the two Democrats is big, too, with a Republican leader calling for Vigil to step away from his duties during the investigation and the GOP chairman saying the arrests reveal a lack of checks and balances in state government.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-trs16.html

in a federal plea deal by Chicago lawyer Joseph Cari, a former finance chairman for the Democratic National Committee. Cari, 52, pleaded guilty to attempted extortion for his role in a kickback scheme the feds say was directed by former state teacher pension board member Stuart Levine.
    But thats not whats it's about for you is it jrhvball.

Enjoy your daily fishin expedition.
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 09-21-2005 at 03:35 PM.
    ...ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy

Gee, Mr. Frist, why did you sell that stock WHEN you did?

Frist Stock Sale Raises Questions on Timing

So when Frist decided in June to dump all the stock, and later cited as the reason his desire to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest, eyebrows went up among ethics experts and congressional watchdogs. Why did he do it at that time?

Precisely a month later, after the stock was sold, its price tumbled 9 percent when executives in the company -- HCA Inc., which was founded by Frist's father and on whose board Frist's brother serves -- disclosed that hospital admissions of insured patients were lower than expected, depressing profits in the second quarter.

The timing thus raised questions about whether Frist had somehow traded on information he obtained in advance from the company. "Frist has been in the Senate for many years now, and the conflict is not new," said Melanie Sloan, executive director of the watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "Why did he decide to sell it then? Why not years ago? What's changed? Did he know that the stock was about to take a fall?"

I guess he didn't want to take a bath in the stock like all the other non-insiders that owned the stock did.

Quote Originally Posted by jacdswen
    I guess you forgot these in your EVENHANDED reporting
    http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_local...088781,00.html

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-trs16.html

But thats not whats it's about for you is it jrhvball.

Enjoy your daily fishin expedition.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by jrhvball
    Gee, Mr. Frist, why did you sell that stock WHEN you did?

Frist Stock Sale Raises Questions on Timing

I guess he didn't want to take a bath in the stock like all the other non-insiders that owned the stock did.
    Two points your financial wizardness. First, nine percent in a month is hardly a tumble and second, selling a month before a downturn is hardly evidence of insider trading. Maybe 30 minutes before, but not 30 days. You need better sources.

Your party should invest their time into something other than looking for the mishaps of their opponents and put something forward of their own.

In other news, people are running out of gas as they leave Galveston, attempting to outrun Rita. Shouldn't our president have KNOWN, as a fellow Texan, that there should be freeway re-fueling sites built in case of an evacuation? Its all his fault.