Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Re: GOP/DNC - Setting the ethics bar

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Odd.. I could swear in my very first sentence I stated flatly:

I'm not disagreeing with ya... if he did indeed steal.. and there is the possible dereliction of duty bit that needs to be addressed also.. he should get the boot.

Is there something in there that makes you believe I feel he should be keeping his job?

If you do reply, you can also respond to the second sentence:

Cuz I do feel that is why Frank1946 brought it up.
    Yes, you used the word IF, he admitted he used the money, there is no IF involved here.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    Yes, you used the word IF, he admitted he used the money, there is no IF involved here.
    ^^^ How about responding to the second half of that post as requested?

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    He's admitted to stealing, what more do you want? He used taxpayer money to visit his mistress. Once caught he said he would pay it back.

Let's see, if I worked as president at a bank, took some of the money, had big time is Vegas, came back and said I'm not resigning and I'll pay back the money. How do you think that would fly?
    Odd.. I could swear in my very first sentence I stated flatly:

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    I'm not disagreeing with ya... if he did indeed steal.. and there is the possible dereliction of duty bit that needs to be addressed also.. he should get the boot.
    Is there something in there that makes you believe I feel he should be keeping his job?

If you do reply, you can also respond to the second sentence:

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    I think Frank1946 is saying you should remember Bubba LIED to a grand jury and served the remainder of his term. And many on the left stood behind him for doing so.
    Cuz I do feel that is why Frank1946 brought it up.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

While the smoke-n-mirror folks in the MSM were doing their bestus...

While the State-Run Media Continues to Hammer John Ensign-- Here Is What You Missed...

While the state-run media continues to hammer Sen. Ensign on his affair, here are a few of the real crimes you won't hear about:

** Rep. John Conyers' (D-MI) wife Monica was convicted on bribery charges. An associate also implicated Rep. Conyers and Senator Stabenow (D-MI) in the crimes. The state-run media hasn't touched this.

** The jury in Rep. Jefferson's (D-LA)criminal case saw tape this week of him accepting bribes and were handed photos of his frozen cold cash this week.

** Mr. John Harris pleaded guilty to one count of wire fraud this week. He pledged to cooporate with prosecutors in the investigation of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D-IL) in exchange for the lenient sentence.

** Criminal accusations against Senator Dodd (D-Conn.)continue. Dodd has not been straightforward about the value of his 10-acre waterfront home in Ireland. Since 2002 he listed the value of the home at $250,000. In February his office changed that to $127,000. In March, Dodd told The Hartford Current he paid $177,000 for the home. In May he told Newsweek he paid $207,000. Acording to the senator's most recent financial disclosure form, the cottage is actually worth $658,000.

** Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) has come under scrutiny as more defense contractors associated with him are being investigated. This time the names include Mountaintop Technologies which received $10 million in earmarks and Kuchera Industries which got $9 million in earmarks in 2008. The Pennsylvania representative allegedly used his seniority and position on the U.S. House Appropriations committee to secure the earmarks that he passed on to companies with whom he had relationships. Donations from executives of Mountaintop to Murtha's campaigns amounted to $40,200 while employees of Kuchera kicked in $89,000.

** Several members of the Congressional Black Caucus (Dems) are under investigation for taking an illegal trip to Cuba where these members sucked up to Fidel Castro.

** The House ethics committee opened an inquiry into whether Caribbean trips taken by Representative Charles Rangel violated House gift rules.

** Sen. Inouye (D-Hawaii) acts on behalf of a constituent, who turns out to be in large part himself (a troubled bank in which his ownership share makes up ‘the bulk of his personal wealth’), via Instapundit. The media is silent.

** The House so far has ignored Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. of Illinois over his reported effort to persuade ousted Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich to appoint him to fill President Obama's former Senate seat.

** And, there's also Speaker Pelosi who lied about her knowlege of waterboarding and then charged the CIA with lying.

These are just a few of ths stories you may have missed.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Biden... lets face it. When the ever DNC loyal LAT starts to ridicule you.. it's a sure sign you've really stepped in it again.

Joe Biden update: No 'private meetings,' just meetings closed to the press

Possibly a very important policy change quietly emerged in the daily schedule of Vice President Joe Biden today.

Loyal Ticket readers know that, as a patriotic duty, we monitor the longtime senator's schedule with a close eye for detail because, after all, this man is only a heartbeat away from having to give a toast at a G-8 summit. We've especially noted Biden's innumerable "private meetings" that are closed to the press because, well, they're private.

And we've wondered aloud how this Democratic VP's private meetings with unnamed people on unnamed subjects differs from the private meetings with unnamed people that his evil predecessor had that got so many Democratic senators and representatives worried about nefarious secrets.

On one recent long weekend, the man who became a Delaware senator when his future boss, Barack Obama, was an inexperienced fundraiser of only 11, devoted an entire Monday to "private meetings" that are closed press in his Delaware home.

If that isn't dedication for the $208,000 salary.

Well, today's schedule, unlike many at the end of Biden's work weeks, contains no "private meetings." Not one.

Having spent Thursday traveling and successfully selling the nation on the so far hard-to-detect effects of the $787-billion Obama administration economic stimulus spending plan that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi gave them, Biden will show up for work around 11 today.

He'll join Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in a roundtable to discuss only the rising costs of healthcare for people who own or work for small businesses. One suspects the absent president's ambitious plan to spend billions more to impose his healthcare reforms might also be mentioned.

OK, so figure an hour for the roundtable, maybe 75 minutes max. You can only talk about that stuff so long before requiring healthcare yourself. Fifteen minutes for handshaking, cellphone photos and congratulations on the excellent roundtable. The VP should be outta there by 12:30.

That leaves -- what? -- five, maybe six hours to make it a seven-hour workday.

According to the White House schedule, Biden will not spend the remainder of the workday in private meetings that are closed press.

Instead: "The Vice President will spend the remainder of the day in meetings that are closed press."

You get the difference, right?

-- Andrew Malcolm

-The Gipper

It's about time. William Jefferson finally convicted of taking bribes.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...zer-cash-case/
    Brian

^^^ That makes my day I thought he would get off with just a slap on the wrist. On the tube they said he could get up to 250 years. Convicted on like 11 of 16 charges.

By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK, Aug 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. attorney in New York on Tuesday charged a New York investor and major Democratic fund-raiser with a $74 million scheme to defraud Citigroup Inc (C.N).

Hassan Nemazee, 59, was charged with one count of bank fraud, and faces up to 30 years in prison plus a fine. His lawyer Marc Mukasey, a former federal prosecutor, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Nemazee was a national finance chair of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign, and a supporter of John Kerry's run for the White House in 2004.

He typically donates more than $100,000 annually to Democratic political candidates, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senator Charles Schumer, and sits on the board of the Iranian American Political Action Committee .

Bill Clinton, when he was president, nominated Nemazee to be U.S. ambassador to Argentina.

Prosecutors said Nemazee, the chairman and chief executive of Nemazee Capital Corp, sought to induce Citigroup's banking unit to lend up to $74 million based on fraudulent and forged documents suggesting that he had hundreds of millions of dollars of accounts available as collateral.

They said Nemazee also provided Citigroup with fake references so that when the bank would try to confirm details about his accounts, it would actually be contacting him. The scheme lasted from December 2006 to this month, the prosecutors said.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCan...21648320090825

Funny as h3ll..

democratic party officials called it political vandalism
    Ya.. they would be the one's to know.. lets manufacture some phony outrage in advance of our 1000 stop healthcare astroturfing tour..

Breaking: Denver Vandal Worked for Dem Politician-- Was Arrested at RNC Convention!

The young vandal who smashed windows at the DNC headquarters in Denver on Tuesday worked for a democratic politician, was paid by a SEIU-related front group, and was arrested at the RNC convention last year in St. Paul.

Maurice Schwenkler and his accomplice caused $11,000 in damage at the DNC headquarters.
    A poster protesting health care reform was plastered on the window during the attack!

Video via Breitbart.

Schwenkler was jailed at 2 AM on the last day of the RNC in St. Paul.
    He also canvassed for democrats in 2008 and was bankrolled by the Colorado Citizens' Coalition, a political 527 committee funded by the SEIU, labor groups and wealthy liberals.

The Peoples Press Collective is on top of the latest developments.

Schwenkler has worked for Democratic causes. (Denver Police Department )funded by labor groups

The AP reported:

A suspect in a vandalism at the Colorado Democratic headquarters was once a paid campaign worker for a Democratic candidate for the Legislature, according to public records.

Maurice Schwenkler, 24, was arrested in Denver Tuesday on a charge of criminal mischief after windows were smashed at Democratic offices. Many of the windows displayed posters supporting health care reform, and (democratic) party officials called it political vandalism.

The Denver Post reported Wednesday that Schwenkler was also arrested in St. Paul, Minn., on the last day of the 2008 Republican convention on a charge of unlawful assembly.

No details of that arrest or Schwenkler's activities at the time were immediately available.

There was no phone number listed for Schwenkler and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.

The Post reported Schwenkler was paid $500 in November 2008 to walk door to door in support of Democrat Mollie Cullom, a candidate for the state House from Centennial.

Cullom lost to Republican David Balmer.

Campaign records show Schwenkler was among dozens of canvassers paid by a political committee called the Colorado Citizens' Coalition.

Balmer said he suspects the vandalism might have been intended to make the Republican Party look bad.

"This sounds like the type of Democratic tactic from the left fringe trying to make Republicans look mean-spirited," Balmer said. "In this case, it blew up in their face."

The Democratic Party estimates the damage at $10,000. A second suspect was still at large.
    Previously:
    Busted!... Dem Headquarters Vandalized By Leftist Activist!!... Dems Blamed GOP (Updated)

-The Gipper

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08282009...use_186849.htm
    Rep. Charles Rangel failed to report as much as $1.3 million in outside income -- including up to $1 million for a Harlem building sale -- on financial-disclosure forms he filed between 2002 and 2006, according to newly amended records.

The documents also show the embattled chairman of the Ways and Means Committee -- who is being probed by the House Ethics Committee -- failed to reveal a staggering $3 million in various business transactions over the same period.
    And yet he is still chairman of the Ways and Means Committee (that writes the tax laws).
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08282009...use_186849.htm

And yet he is still chairman of the Ways and Means Committee (that writes the tax laws).
    ^^^ Not to worry.. I'm sure his congresional cronies will drop the investigation soon just like they did for Richardson recently. Nothing to see here.. kepp moving...

Federal Prosecutor Doesn't Sound So Happy About Dropping Richardson Investigation

The phrase "Killed in Washington" is still ringing in my mind for some reason.

U.S. Attorney Greg Fouratt made the comments in a letter sent to defense lawyers, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press.
    Fouratt said a federal investigation "revealed pressure from the governor's office resulted in the corruption of the procurement process" in awarding state bond deal work to a Richardson political contributor.
    Hans von Spakovsky, a Bush era official from the DoJ says if the AP story is correct and the case was "Killed in Washington", then all sorts of rules have been broken.

For anyone familiar with internal Justice Department procedures, this is particularly suspicious. The DOJ has a manual called “Federal Prosecution of Election Offenses” (I helped edit the latest edition when I was at Justice) that sets out the rules and procedures for U.S. attorneys when they are investigating these types of public-corruption cases. It is the U.S. attorney in New Mexico who would normally make the final call on a local public-corruption case, not “top Justice Department officials” in Washington. The DOJ manual sets out the consultation rules for U.S. attorneys, who are required to “consult” with the Public Integrity Section of the Criminal Division in Washington. But only consultation is required; the Public Integrity Section does not make the final decision on whether an investigation should go forward. (Attorney General Eric Holder should not have forgotten this, since Public Integrity was the first place he worked at Justice.) So if the AP is correct in reporting that “top” officials in Washington killed the investigation, then political appointees within the department did not follow normal DOJ procedures.
    Now prosecutors often think they've got a person who is guilty of a crime but they might not have the evidence to prove it. Still, given the record of this DoJ so far, I'm not exactly filled with confidence.

Thanks to Mætenloch for the story from the headlines.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by jrhvball View Post
    An update on those "Hammer" folks. I wouldn't want Katrina to dominate all of the bad news for the GOP.

Indictments Added in GOP Fundraising Case

It won't be long before Delay is implicated in all of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post

Notice how when Delay is asked about anything regarding the scandal, he answers with the typical "left wing liberal media conspiracy" crap.

Honor and integrity....noble thoughts.
    Only took 5 years for the hammer to come down on The Hammer.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ndering-trial/

Funnily enough, its 5 years later and he still blames liberals. Stay classy Tom.

A slimeball apparently although it wasn't for personal profit. Now let's get rid of the other slimeballs. (Rangel, Waters, Jefferson?)
    Brian

DETROIT (WJBK) – The son of Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., says items were stolen out of the government vehicle he was driving last Wednesday in downtown Detroit, FOX 2′s Simon Shaykhet reports.

John Conyers III, 20, told police two Apple MacBooks, valued at $1,100 apiece, and more than $27,000 worth of concert tickets to the Fillmore were stolen out of a burgundy 2010 Cadillac Escalade registered to the 14th Congressional District.
    [...]
    Shaykhet says the incident brings into question why the son of a congressman was driving a registered government vehicle.

“I don’t know of a single person in congress in the 16 years I was there who had to put vehicle titles in the name of the government,” former U.S. Rep. Joe Knollenberg tells FOX 2.

According to the U.S. General Services Administration Web site , if an employee allows an unauthorized person to use a government vehicle, that employee could be suspended or fired.

“I would tell you that they better use this (vehicle) just for the purpose of what they had been required to do,” said Knollenberg. “Not to get into the hands of a relative or a friend or whatever.”
    Democratic Congressman John Conyers says he’s learned that his son inappropriately used a government vehicle in Detroit and plans to reimburse the Treasury for any non-official use.

The House Judiciary Committee chairman says in a statement Tuesday the vehicle was used during the Thanksgiving holiday. The 81-year-old congressman apologized and says he’ll make sure it won’t happen again.
    Let me guess... he apologized but didn't know... or the $27,000 in concert tickets were gubberment biddness... or everyone in Congress has gubberment issue Escalades... or, oh, what the hell... he's a Democrat. No harm, no foul here.

Full report tonight on CBS.

Right.