Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Re: GOP - Setting the ethics bar

So you take Bennetts comment as racist. How about these? Where is the outrage? The scrutiny? Or does the magnifying glass only work in the left hand?

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." -- Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?" -- Song from the show of left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." -- Mike Wallace, CBS News.

"A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." -- Spike Lee

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." -- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-30-2005 at 12:20 PM.

And why then, is there a big hubbub over a conservative talk show host's racist remark which is conveniently taken out of context, yet when an Air America talk show host calls for the assasination of the president, its pooh-poohed away.

The answer is that as usual, the left has become a group of reactionaries that have nothing to offer other than criticism. The Democrat mayor of New Orleans and Louiee "the lip" Farrakhan can come up with the idea that the racist pigs of the Republican party blew up the levees to displace blacks... that's O.K.

There's people itchin' for a race war again. Step back a bit and look around.

Edit: And since when is it wrong for right wingers racist statements, yet the ones made by left wingers are acceptable.

I looked in the eyes of Huey P. Newton and called him a "dumb assed n----r". I'm a white boy. To this day, I can't think of anything more racist to say to a black man, yet the president of the Black Panther Party and I became great friends that day. Heck, he brought me to his home that evening. My point? Not every racial slur has malice behind it. Yet, every slur can be spun to have it, especially by someone else intent on putting it there.

Bill Bennet meant no malice.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 09-30-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    So you take Bennetts comment as racist. How about these? Where is the outrage? The scrutiny? Or does the magnifying glass only work in the left hand?

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." -- Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?" -- Song from the show of left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are "too busy eating watermelons and tacos" to learn how to read and write." -- Mike Wallace, CBS News.

"A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." -- Spike Lee

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." -- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

"I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." -- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.
    Ah, I didn't realize that we were opening this particular article up to other references. I would call that a red herring. I'm not sure where you stand on what BENNETT said though. Again, I stand by my position that what he said is in fact racist. The word "but" in his statement NEGATES the "an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do" that came before it. So, he is in effect saying that genocide of blacks will reduce crime. Quite a bad thing to say in my book. Acceptable in yours?
    George W. Bush <--- Al Qaeda's #1 Recruiter

GWB - "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!"
    On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    The only two things you ever need to know about GWB:
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

^^^ You're right, jr. It was a bad thing to say. Now what?

Im not busting your balls...its the one sided over focus by some on the left to nit pick and not look at an entire picture. If the left wants to have a discussion around racial comments? Then the door is open for me to respond in kind. Its not about you jrhv...and I didnt mean it that way at all....you read the stuff and report the stuff...I understand that. Some of left strategy is just abit too transparent for me is all.
    They want blacks pissed and voting....its an elementary concept...get a group focused on a perceived problem....even of it needs to be invented/created.
    And Im not inventing the reality. There is a raft of black leaders saying very similar things.
    Also I believe blacks see thru the charade.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-30-2005 at 12:43 PM.

Im not busting your balls...its the one sided over focus by some on the left to nit pick and not look at an entire picture. If the left wants to have a discussion around racial comments? Then the door is open for me to respond in kind. Its not about you jrhv...and I didnt mean it that way at all....you read the stuff and report the stuff...I understand that. Some of left strategy is just abit too transparent for me is all.
    They want blacks pissed and voting....its an elementary concept...get a group focused on a perceived problem....even of it needs to be invented/created.
    And Im not inventing the reality. There is a raft of black leaders saying very similar things.
    Also I believe blacks see thru the charade.
    I think that anything of that nature said by left or right or middle is WRONG. The world could do without statements like that. Am I focused on what the right says/does that is ethically wrong or reprehensible? absolutely. That's what this thread is about. GOP ethics. You are more than welcome to point out the failings of the left, they should all be held to higher standards, especially if they are public figures. I will continue to be focused on the hypocrisy of the GOP. There is too much mud being slung by the right to let it continue on without being challenged or called to the mat. So, by all means, point out other wrongs, I'll be focused on party in particular, so forgive me if I bypass some of the other items in particular, there are plenty of right-wingers here to point those out without my help.

On Nov. 6, 1963, Laura Welch (now Bush) ran a stop sign and murdered Michael Douglas.
    republiKan values: mark foley, tom delay, jack abramoff, john rowland, duke cunningham, david safavian, bob taft, brent wilkes, james tobin, scooter libby and ernie fletcher. Poster CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES of the repug party.
    "The most important thing is for us to find Osama Bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - George W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George W. Bush, 3/13/02

^^You bet. And Ill never bitch here about what you and bb do...or bring to the table. Should republicans be taken to task on some issues? You bet. The only time Ill react is when ...from my point of view the dem position seems overly selective or the entire discussion is excluded as if it doesnt exist.
    And I agree with your point about "all held to higher standard"....I have no politics when it comes to a crook....once Im convinced hes a crook.

I guess I'm not the only one that thought Bennett's comments were wrong:

White House Criticizes Bennett Remarks
    WASHINGTON — The White House on Friday criticized former Education Secretary William Bennett (search) for remarks linking the crime rate and the abortion of black babies.

"The president believes the comments were not appropriate," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said.
    I know, I know...a biased left wing media source from a strongly partisan executive branch. I guess I can't help quoting biased sources sometimes...

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

I have one thing to say about what Bennett said...Anyone remember a guy named Jimmy "The Greek"?
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Of course they must respond. Just like theyd respond if Rumsfield did a speech or interview with his fly open. Measured response that indicates the severity of the offense.

Of course they must respond. Just like theyd respond if Rumsfield did a speech or interview with his fly open. Measured response that indicates the severity of the offense.
    Well, the fact that this guy was in the administration prior to becoming a radio host was probably a factor. the WH wants to distance itself from wackos like Bennett as much as possible if they want to garner minority votes in 2006 for Congress. This was definitely a bad comment for the WH to respond.

Come on now jrhv. Now hes a whacko? I may be in a good mood cause I dumped goog last week but I can still read.

*Although he is a well-known Republican, Dr. Bennett often has crossed party lines in order to pursue important common purposes. He has worked closely with Democratic leaders to fight the decline of popular culture and to end worldwide religious persecution and he is the co-chairman of the Partnership for a Drug-Free America with former New York Governor Mario Cuomo.

And yes I recall Jimmy the Greek. The whole ordeal. I think one remark is far more poorly placed than the other...given the setting

Jimmy (The Greek) Snyder was ejected from the public eye in 1988 when, on Martin Luther King's birthday, he said that blacks are better at sports because of slave plantation breeding techniques. "During the slave period, the slave owner would breed his big black with his big woman so that he would have a big black kid–that's where it all started."
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-30-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Come on now jrhv. Now hes a whacko? I may be in a good mood cause I dumped goog last week but I can still read.

*Although he is a well-known Republican, Dr. Bennett often has crossed party lines in order to pursue important common purposes. He has worked closely with Democratic leaders to fight the decline of popular culture and to end worldwide religious persecution and he is the co-chairman of the Partnership for a Drug-Free America with former New York Governor Mario Cuomo.

And yes I recall Jimmy the Greek. The whole ordeal. I think one remark is far more poorly placed than the other...given the setting

Jimmy (The Greek) Snyder was ejected from the public eye in 1988 when, on Martin Luther King's birthday, he said that blacks are better at sports because of slave plantation breeding techniques. "During the slave period, the slave owner would breed his big black with his big woman so that he would have a big black kid–that's where it all started."
    Have you seen an apology from him yet? I haven't. wacko qualifies. if moonbat and a few other derogatory names can qualify for a patriotic mother who lost a child in Iraq, then wacko more than qualifies for this bigot.

Pelosi Found Guilty of Violating Election Law

Pelosi Found Guilty of Violating Election Law
    September 30, 2005 09:45 AM EST

By Sher Zieve - Democrat House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi commented on Republican Rep. Tom DeLay’s recent indictment by Democrat district attorney Ronnie Earle, when she said: "The criminal indictment of Majority Leader Tom Delay is the latest example that Republicans in Congress are plagued by a culture of corruption at the expense of the American people."

However, Ms. Pelosi has legal issues of her own.

On 22 September 2005, Rep. Pelosi was found guilty of violating federal election law. The original complaint, filed 25 October 2002 by the National Legal and Policy Center, alleged that Pelosi had violated federal election law via her operation of two leadership PACs in order to contribute to Democrat Congressional campaigns and circumvent contribution limits. Pelosi was found guilty by the FEC and ordered to pay monetary fines.

Ken Boehm, NLPC Chairman, said: “We are delighted that the FEC has acted favorably on our Complaint. No member of Congress has ever set up a second leadership PAC to evade contribution limits. Pelosi has been caught violating the clearest and most basic law of all, the limits on contributions. Talk about hypocrisy.”
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I see. Now were up to whacko + bigot. Using your logic, is Howard Dean a whacko + bigot when he says:

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here!"[1]

[1]On 11 Friday 2005, Dean said to the assembled members of the Democratic Black Caucus
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-30-2005 at 04:39 PM.