Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Let's Help Our Guys Overseas! thread

Let's Help Our Guys Overseas.!!

BD51 got this started over in the Trading Post and Hot Deals forum. I'd like to encourage any and all to contribute what they can.

So pop on over, take a look, and figure out if you can help these guys for a worthy cause!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Re: The Let's Help Our Guys Overseas! thread

Thanks ST

Howdy all,

While we here in TLR may sometimes not see eye to eye all the time, surely we can all agree this is a great cause. I have been very active in this cause myself.

I have sent over so far, 1- 45lb box of PC parts, a Play station game console with 9 games, and A brand new COMPLETE Athlon/MSI ARMY system, with a custom case I built that weighed in at 52lbs. It is not that expensive a thing to do, and it will remind you what America is REALLY about.

Surely if a middel class bozo like myself can do this, you TLR members can pitch in too?

Why just talk about the war, get involved, and, help support our guys and gals over seas!! If you can not afford to ship what you have, or, dont want the hassle of shipping over seas, send it to me and I will see to it it gets there with my next shipment.

I am presently preparing another system, this one will be a P4 based Marine Corps system, Smoked Trout has kindly donated a Case/PSU, and HDD for this new PC. All that I need to finish this PC off is a few sticks of DDR Memory.

Right now case/psu's, HDD's and monitors are desperatly needed, and believe it or not, CAT 5 cabels, I am trying to round up some networking gear but I am having trouble finding any decent used routers, hint-hint. but, ANY help you can offer would be great.

I thank you for reading, please help if you can.

BTW: Here is the shipping address to Sgt. Jeffery Wade if you wish to send what ya have on over:

Sgt. Jeffery Wade
    749th Ord Co (EOD)
    Bagram Airfield
    APO/AE 09354

Alpha_03
    Last edited by alpha_03; 08-20-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

This seems to be a pretty lifeless thread among forum members. Although i wish i had computer parts to send to our men and women serving overseas, i have given to a couple charaties which are helping our our fellow Americans who have been wounded in the war on terrorism.

http://saluteheroes.org/redesign/

Spokesmen from this charity have appeared on Cavuto and a few other news shows and are legit. I dropped them half a c-note, all i could do at the time and would love to give more if i could right now. These brave men and women need every bit of help and support they can get, regardless of whether or not you agree with their mission.

Id like to add this to the thread. No politics.

http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/g/6f6...5-3fd6d34f2854

Spc. Reid Stanley is a milblogger at A Storm in Afghanistan. He was deployed in Afghanistan last November when his wife, Ellicia was diagnosed with breast cancer. It has since spread to her lungs and
    brain. They are now in Germany preparing for compassionate reassignment back to the states where hospice care will be available for Ellicia. It is expensive.
    There's an eBay auction underway for three of Buzz Patterson's books --autogaphed-- the proceeds of which will go to Spc. Reid and his family. Details here.
    But you can make donations directly to help the family here.
    A SoldiersAngel came up to me after the event in Cleveland last night and clued me in on this brave family and its struggle.
    That's what SoldiersAngels do. Join them.

Again....

http://www.opgratitude.com/wishlist.php

Operation Gratitude/California Army National Guard
    17330 Victory Boulevard
    Van Nuys, California91406
    ATTN: Charlie Othold: 818.437.6201

Ah Jeez.

http://themediansib.com/2006/12/11/f...diers-in-iraq/

Dear Soldier,
    Happy holidays. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I feel very bad that you have to be in the war during the holiday, but the one thing we’re all happy about is that you’re fighting for our country.
    Dear Soldier,
    I dedicate this letter to you because you are fighting for the U.S.A. Is it hot in Iraq? I do thank you for keeping us little kids safe. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
    Dear Soldier,
    Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for serving our country. You are so brave for going across the ocean. I am so proud of you.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-14-2006 at 07:26 PM.

I gotta copy the entire page or the impact is lost.
    But do visit the site

From Tennessee Children to our Soldiers in Iraq: There is still hope in the world!

Monday, December 11th, 2006 at 8:01 pm by carol
    Please click HERE to vote For ďThe Median SibĒ in the Weblog Awards. You can vote once a day through Friday.
    After over 25 years of teaching, I still enjoy experiencing fresh examples of the insight and compassion of children. I found that to be the case when the children at my elementary school wrote letters to soldiers serving overseas.
    Since I have a nephew who is serving in Iraq, some of the letters were given to me to send to him to share with his unit. Here is a small sampling of the drawings and letters that Iíll be shipping to my nephew tomorrow:
    I will start off with the card that should win an award somewhere! This child gets it - because of our American soldiers there IS still hope in the world.

The following are pictures and exerpts of letters from children from kindergarten through fifth grade.
    Dear Soldier,
    Happy holidays. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I feel very bad that you have to be in the war during the holiday, but the one thing weíre all happy about is that youíre fighting for our country.
    Dear Soldier,
    I dedicate this letter to you because you are fighting for the U.S.A. Is it hot in Iraq? I do thank you for keeping us little kids safe. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
    Dear Soldier,
    Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for serving our country. You are so brave for going across the ocean. I am so proud of you.

Dear Soldier,
    How is it going? You know if I was there I would be scared. Iím sure I would miss my family and friends, but you are doing the right thing. Youíre saving a lot of people. You people rock! I hope you have a wonderful merry Christmas.
    Dear Soldier,
    I am in second grade and I live in Tennessee. I like how you are fighting for me and my family. You and your buddies should get to come home when Christmas comes.You are brave to go out and fight. All of you are real brave. I like you.

Dear Soldier,
    I wish you could spend the holidays with your family. I appreciate your dedication to serving our country and fighting for our freedom. Our whole class of 25 students is writing letters. Iím the only one who wrote two. I know you donít want to be there right now. I hope you come back in one piece.
    Dear Soldier,
    I like the army. I almost read all of the army books. We just moved here a week ago. The old school I went to ws good, but this school is better. We are glad you are doing this. Thanks for making the world a better place. I know I want to join the army. I had fun writing this letter and I will write another.

Dear Soldier,
    I appreciate what you have done for our country. I have written a poem especially for you.
    Heroic, brave
    Fight, protect, guard
    Thank you for everything
    Fighter

Good stuff!

Thanks for bumping this. Sometimes I take all the men and women serving for granted.... hopefully Christmas spirit will find more folks thinking about our troops.

And there's a lot of ways to help out other than sending money or hardware!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Next week I may just pass the thread around to all of our forums here.
    Then return it here at Christmas.

Austin Bay with some ideas and thinking

http://townhall.com/columnists/Austi...tion_call_home