Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Cool Re: ~~~TROLL ALERT~~~ Webrat, aka WebRatt, FusionRock, RMenkins, Wizzah

ARRESTED!

This guy was arrested by the Lake Mary Police department and the Seminole County Sherrifs office about a few weeks ago.

I followed up my getting ripped off by reading pcperspective and maximumpc forums and getting the contact information. There were several people who I wish to thank, and that is Detective Kim Fuehrer who made the arrest and her entire police department. Also Tina Pappas is the assistant district attorney is prosecuting the case. I spoke with her today and she informed me that the perp is about 27 years old and had no prior convictions. So far, only 2 people have come forward, but that she expects more to come forward. She can be reached at (407) 665-6213 if you wish to speak to her about you being ripped off by him. Expect to follow up by filing a police report and mailing and faxing all other documents she will need to prosecute. She said he will be required to pay off those he stole from and may get probation due to being a first timer. But, if enough people come forward, then the judge may not let him off so easily. It is not a guarentee that he will get probation or not. It is just an option that the courts have, so don't call District attorney and make a deal about him getting off on probation.

He used his real name, Richner, but gave a fake address with me.

Anyway, the guy is caught. And I might get my money back. $410. I thought I was getting a 4400 X2 chip.

Re: ~~~TROLL ALERT~~~ Webrat, aka WebRatt, FusionRock, RMenkins, Wizzah

I am going to file a report first thing in the morning! Wow, justice hopefully will prevail!

Apparently, this guy ripped off one our members at ocforums. ^^ You Mr.Codehunter

Good to know taht the scammer has been caught. With the strict fraud laws being passed, I think he will do some hard time.

Awesome!

I made the thread over on the [H]
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=913088

(407) 665-6213 seems to be the wrong location - the lady I talked to said the Lake Mary PD # was: (407) 585-1300

This guy got me awile ago, back in september 05. Really glad I found this thread, will be giving the PD a call! Im from Canada, wonder if il still get any money back...

-Cameron

I am glad that you are aware his arrest! Now if everyone who got robbed come forward and file a report. I want to see him behind bars, even if I can't get my money back.

The number in the arrested post didnt work, so I called the Lake Mary PD number, and got to the answering machine of Detective Kim Fuehrer's partner because Fuehrer is apparently on leave, I left a message, I hope he will call back tomorrow.

In all honnesty, I dont really care too much about getting my money back -- While it would be nice, I doubt it will happen, and im just glad he got caught. I gave him almost all of my 17th bday money, along with some of my hard earned cash. He screwed me over for a present, so I hope he pays.

-Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by TrueChaos
    The number in the arrested post didnt work, so I called the Lake Mary PD number, and got to the answering machine of Detective Kim Fuehrer's partner because Fuehrer is apparently on leave, I left a message, I hope he will call back tomorrow.

In all honnesty, I dont really care too much about getting my money back -- While it would be nice, I doubt it will happen, and im just glad he got caught. I gave him almost all of my 17th bday money, along with some of my hard earned cash. He screwed me over for a present, so I hope he pays.

-Cameron
    Here's updated contact information:

He's the detective heading up the case now, Kim made the arrest on the last one, this is actually a new case as far as the paperwork goes. Hes' been arrested once, and we are trying to get him arrested on another one now.

>Detective Steven Towler
    >City of Lake Mary Police Department
    >Criminal Investigations Division
    >165 E. Crystal Lake Avenue
    >Lake Mary, Florida 32746
    >407-585-1318 desk
    >407-585-1375 fax
    >stowler@lakemaryfl.com

I spoke with district attourney Papas this morning and she told me that so far only the corporal and I have come forward and filed a police report.

This will not be enough to convice the judge and jury that this scumbag is guilty of internet fraud.

She told me he is trying to weasel out of his confession by claiming that he was doing us a service by helping us find out the cheapest price as if we couldn't do that ourselves for ourselves. So he is not confessing his crime, although he admits to all the email addresses and such.

This lil shit thinks he can get away with it and he will get away with it if do not come forward and do what needs to be done to put him away.

We need to be dilligent and report all thefts to the Lake Mary Police department. Get started now, call the contact information above, and file a local police report which will not take long to do. Have copies if possible of all your emails and correspondence with the loser scammer.

Come on!

Lets not just talk about it. Lets send this guy to prison so he can get screwed by big bad Bubba.

Seriously, out of all of the posts in this thread from the folks that got ripped off only 2 have come forward?

Come on folks, it is not every day when a scumbag of this nature gets caught. Call the cops and give this guy the axe!

He's got me as well. I was scamed by him back in November 2005. I live in the U.K. and i need some help. I have emailed the police department you have posted but is this gonna all work cause i live in the U.K. I lost 450 to this guy so please help . People like this should get banged up in prison

Hello, I am new to the board, i was curious as to what happened to this guy, because I just finally ordered my 20.1 inch LCD from dell last week, and it brought back memories of when I was scammed this past June.

I'm gonna call that number (or those two numbers) tomorrow. (Monday)

I have a LOT of evidence. Emails, AIM Conversations, Pictures, all that. Can be found here. Was just wondering if anyone else could help me out here. I'm 17 don't know much about this stuff, so if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be awesome!

I really hope we get our money, and it makes me so happy to know this guy got caught.

Hey, give me a call at (985) 493-3680. My name is Patrick.

I can walk you through everything you need to do, and just talk to you in general about what I know about the case. It would be really fantastic if we can get you reporting this theft as soon as possible.

What you need to do in the meantime is make paper copies of all correspondence that you did with this nuttjob. Also copy all receipts as you will need to send the originals to the Lake Mary police department.

File a local police report as well. As soon as you get this all completed, then you mail it to the detective at the Lake Mary Police and they can process it through.

Don't procrastinate. Remember, we are up against the clock for prosecuting this scumbag, so urgency in this matter means it is more likely he pays the price and becomes somebodies girlfriend in jail.

Hey guys its been a while since i looked at this thread. As you can probably remember i got conned of this guy for 400. Strange how not many people have got in contact with the police, i sent an email to Mr Towler explaining that i have all the documents from my conversations with the scammer and the original reciet from Western Union. so basically im loaded with evidence.

I seriuosly hope this guy gets put to justice, so please if anyone else has information regarding this incident get in contact with the details posted above.

Hello, any updates on the situation. I didn't realize he was arrested or I would of come earlier. This guy scammed me in the summer of 2005. I'm wondering if I should try to still get in contact with the detective... I e-mailed him yesterday.