Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anti-war front protests out in front of Walter Reed.

I'm all for anyone protesting. It's a right and should be
    done when one feels that the cause is worth it. But
    this type of crap right out in front of a place that is
    trying to help wounded soldiers recover, is flat wrong.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialRe...20050825a.html

Re: Anti-war front protests out in front of Walter Reed.

Another story not getting any play in the "un-biased media" of SeeBS, NBC and ABC... jeez, wonder why that is?

Actually I'd think this would get some press coverage from the left-wing media...I'm genuinely surprised that it's not...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Maine, the way life should be, underpaid, overpriced,and taxed to death

Saw this earlier today, it's getting about as low as it can now.

Shades of Vietnam. And not by coincidence, nothing like troops at war seeing their own being bashed and attacked by those at home.

While they are injured even.

Right, wrong or indifferent, these people (the soldiers) are just doing their job and their duty.

Google it and there is a ton of coverage, just not approved by or worthy of the "real press" I guess.

Google those behind the protests, and their messages.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMan
    Actually I'd think this would get some press coverage from the left-wing media...I'm genuinely surprised that it's not...
    It would put the anti-Bush, anti-war folks in a bad light... so it doesn't fit the profile. C'mon, JM, you know the rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    It would put the anti-Bush, anti-war folks in a bad light... so it doesn't fit the profile. C'mon, JM, you know the rules...
    Ah, good point. Showing the reality of the left side would make them look as dumb as they are.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Look at these pieces of sh*t....

And a great Bush supporter threw some salt in the anti-military arseholes posting themselves out front of Walter Reed Medical Center....

Oh.... and i love this new movement!

Get your "Club Gitmo" gear here: http://store.rushlimbaugh.com/

Damn straight. People exercising their Constitutional rights are goddamn communist shitbags. Right, comrades? Eh? Eh?
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Yes, how dare they hold signs demanding better healthcare & benefits for our soldiers.

It's unAmerican...only rich people like congressmen deserve those benefits!!
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050826/...s_usa_bases_dc
    A military panel voted on Thursday to close the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, which for nearly a century has treated U.S. presidents and soldiers in the U.S. capital, including Iraq-war casualties.
    looks like they will have to go elsewhere to protest

As mentioned this isn’t the first anti-war protest at military or VA hospital, it is an old tactic that goes back to the Vietnam War. People do have a right to free speech and a right to protest but if the purpose of this protest is truly to get the government to spend more money on the soldiers that come back broken and missing limbs like they say it is they should be protesting in front of the white house or the capital building. They are the ones who control the purse strings not the broken soldiers.

Way back in yesteryear I spent nine months in Oak Knoll Naval Hospital in Oakland, CA, it was a relatively new hospital when I was there. After about 2 or 3 months I was able to finally get out of bed and roll myself in a wheel chair as far the window in my room and look out. In the distance I often saw parked cars with people milling around carrying what appeared to be signs. It struck as a bit unusual and I asked many corpsman and nurses what they were doing and I never got a good answer.

Finally after about 5 months and many surgeries I was granted a rest and recovery leave. I remember calling a cab so I could get to the Oakland airport and catch a plane home. It was then that I found out the people milling around were anti-war protesters carrying signs that said many hateful things.

You know it made me feel pretty sad and I thought why in the hell are they protesting in front of a big military hospital. For most or all of the soldiers in that hospital the war was over, their fighting days were done.

The only conclusion I can come up with until this very day is their hatred and dislike of the military and soldiers wasn’t just skin deep it went all of the way to the bone. They had no morals, dignity, common sense, compassion or credibility they were truly evil people.

Thanks, tucker.

I really hope some people around here take your words to heart. Nothing speaks true like personal experience and if anything roars loudly in your post its that your caretakers had the decency to hide the intent of the protestors from you. That's a burden your caretakers didn't need to have shouldered on them.

When I was 14 and 15, I participated in some of the antiwar shenanigans at Berkeley... I'm sorry. There were better ways to share my views at the time. I should have used them.

Like you said, they should be protesting in the proper location.

Again... thanks...

These people have the right to do and say what they want. To do it on the backs of wounded men that buy them that right disgusts me. No class.

Did you ever want to walk up to some twit and slap them stupid(er)?
    Not talking beat them up....just a good open handed slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    Thanks, tucker.

I really hope some people around here take your words to heart. Nothing speaks true like personal experience and if anything roars loudly in your post its that your caretakers had the decency to hide the intent of the protestors from you. That's a burden your caretakers didn't need to have shouldered on them.

When I was 14 and 15, I participated in some of the antiwar shenanigans at Berkeley... I'm sorry. There were better ways to share my views at the time. I should have used them.

Like you said, they should be protesting in the proper location.

Again... thanks...
    I thought quite a bit before I made that post and I really wasn’t sure that I should. I’m not looking for sympathy/empathy I’m way past that stage. I posted it because it might express the views and thoughts that some of those young soldiers at Walter Reed might have.

There is no need to apologize. You did what you thought was right when you were a youngster. Geezz you wouldn’t believe some of the stupid asinine things I’ve done in the past, just thinking about some of them makes me cringe. The ones that really bug me are the old pros because they know exactly what they are doing.

Do they want the troops back so they can throw crap at them at the airport?