Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Anti-war front protests out in front of Walter Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by bete
    Tucker your gift is not unnoticed by some. I was a young teen in the late 60"s.
    I remember the spitting people...always will. I Hate them still.
    Seems to me it ain't the same to dislike the reasons for a war and abuse some poor guy who's lived it.

The war you fought cost me my big brother and three years of my dad being gone.

I've been busted up(certainly not to the degree you must have been) and it sucks.

Nobody is going to spit on one of my warriors in front of me.
    You get to meet the angry redneck at this point.

They don't get to choose where they go...why they go or even how to fight.

Yet they get it done.
    Thanks bete and Iím very sorry to hear about the loss/losses you suffered so many years ago. Rest assured that your brother did not die in vain and he is remembered by millions of people including me.

PM his name and Iíll leave a remembrance at The Virtual Wall. There are now 58,245 names on the Wall and each has a place of honor where they now rest in peace. The war dead are the real heroes and it is for us the living to remember and honor them.

On this day 27Aug in the years 1964-1971 134 service made the ultimate sacrifice in the service if our country.

I understand your anger and disgust but violence is not the answer that is what people like you describe really long for. The best way to treat such people is by telling the truth.

The truth is their enemy...

More pics of code pink at Walter Reed..::

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    Hilarious read. Thank you. Maybe I'll go tomorrow and protest cancer in front of a nursing home.
    Please do clarify Mr. Moderator is there something that you find particularly humorous about this thread?

I have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh so please do explain the punch-line so I can enjoy the humorÖ

Or is there a hidden meaning that I can respond to in any manner that I choose. Iíll have rolling around on the floor in uncontrollable laughter I can assure you of that fact!

Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    Please do clarify Mr. Moderator is there something that you find particularly humorous about this thread?

I have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh so please do explain the punch-line so I can enjoy the humorÖ

Or is there a hidden meaning that I can respond to in any manner that I choose. Iíll have rolling around on the floor in uncontrollable laughter I can assure you of that fact!
    I'm not sure this response was directed at you tucker...
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Oh Jeez no. Im sure notdrugged intended to point out the tastlessness of protests at Walter Reed

Easy Tucker...I'm sure he was mocking the protesters.

As for me getting angry and violent being what they want they are not very bright.

Who goes out and tries to get somebody pig biting mad?

Well, at first, I was outraged, and then I suddenly realized how stupid Americans [often] are. Wasn't very fascinated anymore, except that the pictures don't seem to depict very many people. Very disappointed that more shameless, retarded jellyfish couldn't show up. BTW, my protest at Willowbrook Oakpines Knoll Homes was a disaster, too.
    Last edited by notdrugged; 08-28-2005 at 04:20 AM.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

I'd like someone to explain to me how this is disrespectful to our soldiers. I see signs against Bush. I don't see the baby killer signs from the VietNam era here. Are you guys living in the wrong decade?

I also didn't see any pro war war demonstrators thanking our 14,000 who have been wounded in any of these pictures, which I think would be the best thing. But I don't see how any of this is disrespectful.

People here are now talking about the wounded. That is good. It seems the time those people took out of their lives to go picket with signs against Bush worked.

Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it is tasteless or retarded. Not talking about 14,000 wounded, many maimed for life, is retarded to me.

Unless you are in The Lightning Round I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    Well, at first, I was outraged, and then I suddenly realized how stupid Americans [often] are. Wasn't very fascinated anymore, except that the pictures don't seem to depict very many people. Very disappointed that more shameless, retarded jellyfish couldn't show up. BTW, my protest at Willowbrook Oakpines Knoll Homes was a disaster, too.
    I apologize for the rant, this subject just strikes to close to home for me and after I make one more post Iím done with this thread.

Again I apologizeÖ

Quote Originally Posted by uz2bsum1LL's
    I'd like someone to explain to me how this is disrespectful to our soldiers. I see signs against Bush. I don't see the baby killer signs from the VietNam era here. Are you guys living in the wrong decade?
    See post #32, Do you know what a flag draped coffin symbolizes and exactly what should be in that coffin?

If you are unaware try visiting the Arlington National Cemetery web site.

From the outside looking in you might not see anything disrespectful but if you were on the inside looking out you might find it a bit distasteful.

I also didn't see any pro war war demonstrators thanking our 14,000 who have been wounded in any of these pictures, which I think would be the best thing. But I don't see how any of this is disrespectful.
    It goes way beyond and is not about anti-war or pro-war demonstrations and politics. Itís about the ability to recognize the difference between right from wrong.

People here are now talking about the wounded. That is good. It seems the time those people took out of their lives to go picket with signs against Bush worked.
    Instead of just talking and carrying signs if people really want to do something for the 14,000 wounded why donít they drop the signs walk in the hospital and thank a wounded soldier. Talk is cheap, action shows true compassion and care.

If you want to talk politics and really care how much money is being spent on the wounded soldiers write a congressman, senator or the White House. That is where the money is.

Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it is tasteless or retarded. Not talking about 14,000 wounded, many maimed for life, is retarded to me.

Unless you are in The Lightning Round I guess.
    Talking about the wounded is a very good thing, protesting in front of hospitals is retarded and tasteless.

Maybe the opposing groups need to meet...sit down and discuss the bounds of where and how protests take place. Seems to me to be almost similar to how our representatives behave...constantly pushing the envelope of "good taste". It seems like such an easy exercise...simply self restrain...maybe agree that some places are off limits. Its not impossible to make a point and not be insulting to one another.

It's disrespectful to use the hurt or dying as your platform to attack the administration in this manner. If I was injured during combat the last thing I'd want is to come home to have some happiness and love bag jumping up and down on my open wounds to attack the president. Do you think the majority of soldiers are pro or anti administration? It's just common sense.

Frankly if one of those injured soldiers was my kid I'd personally go down to the hospital and beat the sunshine and rainbows out of every protester standing. They may as well exume dead soldiers and drag them around in wheel barrows. That's about how tasteful this is.
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 08-28-2005 at 11:35 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball 2
    Do you think the majority of soldiers are pro or anti administration? It's just common sense.
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but which do you think it is?

And you're being purposefully obtuse. AGAIN, nobody is saying to stifle this message. Nobody is saying to shut them up. We've just said to take the protest elsewhere because A) There's far more effective places to be doing this and B) it's in horrible taste. You've already heard from a vet of exactly WHY it is that this is disgusting and disrespectful. Why don't you address tucker? He fought in a war that was considered far more "worthless" than this one. Tell him that what he did was a waste. Tell him that risking his life and being injured was an agenda and all his own hard work was worth shit. See what I mean? That's what it's doing. I have yet to see these soldiers come out and thank the protesters for what they're doing. I don't think you will either. Why aren't we seeing tens of thousands of injured soldiers rallying behind the protesters? Why are they not getting their support? Ponder those questions for a minute.

Nobody is sweeping these injuries under the carpet. Obviously there aren't many news agencies thrilled about giving press to these losers. Cindy Sheehan is getting plenty of attention for KILLED soldiers without having to parade around cemeteries to get her voice heard. It'd be poor taste to do that, don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball 2
    And you're being purposefully obtuse. AGAIN, nobody is saying to stifle this message. Nobody is saying to shut them up. We've just said to take the protest elsewhere because A) There's far more effective places to be doing this and B) it's in horrible taste. You've already heard from a vet of exactly WHY it is that this is disgusting and disrespectful. Why don't you address tucker? He fought in a war that was considered far more "worthless" than this one. Tell him that what he did was a waste. Tell him that risking his life and being injured was an agenda and all his own hard work was worth shit. See what I mean? That's what it's doing. I have yet to see these soldiers come out and thank the protesters for what they're doing. I don't think you will either. Why aren't we seeing tens of thousands of injured soldiers rallying behind the protesters? Why are they not getting their support? Ponder those questions for a minute.

Nobody is sweeping these injuries under the carpet. Obviously there aren't many news agencies thrilled about giving press to these losers. Cindy Sheehan is getting plenty of attention for KILLED soldiers without having to parade around cemeteries to get her voice heard. It'd be poor taste to do that, don't ya think?
    I'm not being obtuse. I think the message isn't the same as you portray and I don't put much creedence to this news report of cns.

I addressed Tucker's post again in further detail.

Letters and coverage has not improved the bennies of the wounded.

We don't even talk about the numbers around here (14,000).

Sheehan is a different thread. I have not expressed an opinion on that one.

But I can read signs. I think you guys are over reacting to poor reporting and I do not agree with the analogy of a vet's feeling to a similar situation during the vietnam war to the signs being portrayed here. They are most different.

And I think the insult bug is pretty rampant here.