[Resolved]Wireless Issue

Hey, I have got a wireless modem from my cable-internet company last week. Since then, my connection in my two Pc's (one is a laptop) shuts every 15 min approximately and I have to reinitiate it again, I don't know why that is happening and I would like to find out how to stop it, so does anyone know what can it be?

Re: Wireless Issue

Please post the model and brand of modem your using.

Oh, sorry, I already fixed it, it was the cordless phones that were interfering with the modem, I had to change the channel of the modem so it wouldn't happen. Thank you anyways.

Glad to hear you've fixed the issue, wireless phones and networking can make for a headache.

Re: [Resolved]Wireless Issue

What exactly do you mean you changed the channel on the modem? Did you mean the channel on the Wireless phones? I am having the same problem at home. Someone suggested I buy phones running on a different frequency, but how do i go about changing the channel on the phones permentely.

-James
    Email: j d k 211 4 at columbia dot edu

Re: [Resolved]Wireless Issue

No, my I.S.P. let's you configure the wireless modem (IT IS NOT A ROUTER) from their webpage and then you restart the modem and it is done. The modem has 11 different channels and my cordless phones were using channel 1 (like my modem) so I changed my modem to another channel.