~~~Safe Trading Guidelines~~~ New Trader Ratings Feature Now Available!
we have a new tool for you traders to use in any of the trading forums. it is called Trader Ratings. it works kind of like heatware...but not really...lol
what it does is allow you to rate a person you buy/sell/trade with/from according to how you feel the deal went down. you can leave positive, neutral, or negative feedback. each users rating is displayed on the main page as well as in posts in a users info area. by clicking the number...it will take you to that persons ratings page.
when you leave feedback for someone...a url to the thread where the deal took place is REQUIRED. it is your responsibility to leave feedback on a deal. if someone leaves you feedback...return the favor. misuse of this system will result in your account being suspended/revoked. this system is based on trust...dont abuse that trust. this system is not meant to replace heatware or any other tool. it is an ADDITONAL tool to use.
A quick edit that has come up a couple times recently. IN ORDER FOR FEEDBACK TO BE LEFT MONEY OR GOODS MUST EXCHANGE HANDS! You cannot leave a negative feedback for soemone backing out of a deal. If you have a problem with a user please contact myself or another Trading Moderator.
if you have any questions regarding this system...or you notice any bugs or oddities...please notify a trading mod or myself.
with that said...enjoy
Last edited by AMDMaddness; 09-20-2006 at 10:10 PM.
With that said I encourage all members not to delete their thread once the item is sold. Simply mark it sold in the body and title and leave it for reference. If needed we can close the thread so it is not bumped back up.
~~~Safe Trading Guidelines~~~ / DO NOT TRADE VIA PM ONLY!
We have been having some trouble with trolls lately soliciting members via PM. Never ever trade via PM!
We have our email rules in place to protect members and to help keep would be thieves away. That is why we ask for a valid ISP email address to be in place and not some feebie email service.
Below I would like to outline a few steps in order to promote safe trading for all members.
1. ALWAYS get a full name, address and phone number before you send payment. Make sure you can call up who ever you are dealing with to verify they are on the other end of the line. If someone does not want to give out their # then you might as well pass on the deal. You can always go to www.reversephonedirectory.com to verify the information they gave you.
2. Ask for Heatware references from www.heatware.com and make sure you get them to email you from the address listed in their Heatware to verify that you are dealing with the right person.
3. Do your homework. If somebody with no Heatware is offering you a high dollar item for way less than retail you are probably asking for trouble. Always do a search on the person if you question their credibility. You can use www.google.com or www.zabasearch.com to start.
4. If someone approaches you with a deal via PM or email be cautious. If they do not have a FS thread then they may be hiding something or trying to get around having a valid email address.
5. Use common sense. If a deal sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
6. Never send money via wire transfer or other online money order services. The are practically untraceable. Stick with Pay Pal or a Postal Money Order.
7. If you are new to trading then you should be dealing with established traders first to build up your reputation. I would suggest newbies to stay away from dealing with others who have little or no heat.
8. If you are buying or selling always use a means of shipping that provides tracking information. USPS with delivery confirmation, FedEx or UPS are the preferred methods. For the extra couple bucks I would suggest you insure your packages as well.