Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aurora Problems

Re: Aurora Problems

Thank you so much! That clears up a lot! I'm checking out that AV scanner now...

Best Regards,
    Sarah

I downloaded and ran BitDefender...it only came up with 1 suspect file...so I guess this is a good thing?

Yes, I am most definitely looking into other AV options...I only have AVG because the University requires us to have it. AVG resident shield only detected viruses when I ran it simultaneously with Ad-Aware or Anti-Spy.

I will go back to those temp internet folders...I delete them frequently when I can...

I may use the hijack scan again? I do not know if the objects it found were fixed?

When I start-up, I still get the microsoft security shield saying that I don't have a firewall, but when I actually open up Microsoft Security, it shows it as being on and functional...who knows!

Thanks,
    Sarah

Uh-oh...Looky what BitDefender just found:
    3 infected objects, 2 moved.

And it says move/disinfection failed...here is the log
    Summary:

C:\$VAULT$.AVG\10604868.FIL Infected Trojan.Downloader.Small.AHF
    C:\$VAULT$.AVG\10604868.FIL Disinfection failed
    C:\$VAULT$.AVG\10604868.FIL Moved
    C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah\Local Settings\Temp\installerV5_thin.exe Infected Dropped:Trojan.Bettinet.B
    C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah\Local Settings\Temp\installerV5_thin.exe Disinfection failed
    C:\Documents and Settings\Sarah\Local Settings\Temp\installerV5_thin.exe Moved
    C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles\WxBug.EXE=>wise0008 Detected: Adware.Wheaterbug.A
    C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles\WxBug.EXE=>wise0008 Disinfection failed
    C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles\WxBug.EXE=>wise0008 Move failed

~Sarah
    Last edited by sarah508; 09-06-2005 at 11:45 AM.