Angry No XP Start Menu Option!!

So I go to change my start menu "theme" from Classic Menu to the XP Menu and IT'S NOT THERE. I have NO option to change it to the XP Menu. I've done the "usual" stuff that various places suggest, such as making sure the Themes service is on Auto, reloaded the luna theme and made sure the default profile in the TS service was enabled. No workie. Any OTHER ideas?!

Re: No XP Start Menu Option!!

What happens when you right click on the Start button and select properties - don't you get a dialog box pop up with two radio buttons - just choose the top option.

Ned

No... IT'S NOT THERE. AT ALL.

I'd love to link the pic, but have no way.

Here, it's this (linked from a generic site), but WITHOUT the top "Start Menu" radio button:

You're not on a domain where the system admin has restricted your options are you

I'll have to dbl-check w/ the boss tomorrow, but other users don't have an issue.

Sorry if this is a little to late, but if you are running windows xp pro. try the following:

click START, RUN. type in GPEDIT.MSC

This will bring up the Group Policy setting. Click on the + symbol next to User Configuration. Now click the + symbol next to Administrative Templates, then click on START MENU AND TASKBAR. In the list that comes up on the right hand side, find the setting for "Force Classic Start Menu". Double click on this policy, click in the bubble next to DISABLED or NOT CONFIGURED. Click OK and then close the Group Policy window.

Of course everything I posted above is assuming that this is why you are having the issue. You might have found a solution already
    Specs:
    Thermaltake A71, ASUS Sabertooth X79, Intel i7 3820 @ 4.5Ghz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme, 2 x 1TB 850-EVO SSD, eVGA 980ti SC+, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1866 (Quad Channel), PC Power & Cooling 850 Modular PS.

Experience:
    NIOP, DCUCD, CCNA, CXFF, CSE, VTSP 4, MCP, A+