Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: any user opinions of the new XFI sound blaster card?

the fatality has 64MB ram and the regular ones have 16MB. they just call the 64MB "X-RAM".

the added ram might be useful for soundfonts and the like, but I see game developers coding for the 16MB cards as they are the bulk of the market. I would like to see a fatality without the drive bay as I already have that with my audigy2 (and yes, they are compatible).
    Q6600
    8GB corsair XMS DDR2
    MSI K9N Platinum 780i
    2*Evga 8800GT at 650Mhz (factory)
    x-fi Platinum
    150GB Raptor, 2TB Others
    Corsair 650W PSU
    Lian Li PC65 case

I'd have to see the performance difference between the two before I "settled" for the cheap one. If it was the same, or even pretty close, I'd step down.
    Of course, I still haven't even seen the performance difference between the cheap one and my onboard sound yet. I seem to be missing all the reviews.

If anyone here produces music and has used one of these new Creative cards, please tell us how is compares to other professional cards.

i was looking at getting this, but i am always worried about driver issues from creative. any audiphiles use this yet and feel there is a benefit in it? i am mostly concerned with driver stabilty etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sixth
    i was looking at getting this, but i am always worried about driver issues from creative. any audiphiles use this yet and feel there is a benefit in it? i am mostly concerned with driver stabilty etc.
    no driver issues here
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

yea, this card appears to be a home run in just about every respect. the audigy was waves ahead of anything else in technology...the X-Fi is even more so.
    Q6600
    8GB corsair XMS DDR2
    MSI K9N Platinum 780i
    2*Evga 8800GT at 650Mhz (factory)
    x-fi Platinum
    150GB Raptor, 2TB Others
    Corsair 650W PSU
    Lian Li PC65 case

I picked up the cheapest version from Newegg, 125. I must admit that the card sounds very nice. I had an Audigy 2 before and I can hear the difference, in games at least. The game sounds "deeper" and more full. MaximumPc has a write-up this month on a couple of the cards. I mainly use headphones to play and as the article said that is where this card really excels. If you have $130 to burn, it might be worth it if you want the best sound possible. Also Maxpc said that for Audigy2 owners, if they mostly use speakers, they may not hear much of a diff. Headphones...incredible. One thing though, I kept getting a software crash when I tried to install using the setup.exe that would normally work when autoplay is on. I have autoplay off and had to search the cd for the folder that contained the drivers. Kind of a pita, but it did eventually work.
    Nvidia-E8500@3.2/MSI P35 Neo2/Ultra120 | 2x2048 OCZ pc8500 | BFG280GTX OC | VRaptor 300G, WD640, WD500 | PC&P 750 | SB X-Fi | G9 | PC-777B

ATi-X2 4400 /Asus A8R32MVP | 2x1024 OCZ pc3200 | ATi X1950XTX | Maxtor 80G Sata | Antec TP 550 | Audigy 2 | MX700 | PC-65B

Ati-Q9550/Tpower I45/Corsair H50 | 2x2048 OCZ pc8000 | XFX 4890 | VRaptor 300G | PC&P 750 | SB X-Fi | G9 | PC-A05

Heat: unklefunky----\|/----CheeseBay: rhentno----\|/----Rhentno5(remove)@(remove)aol.com

I would like to see if anyone could convince me that the X-Fi can rival a professional line soundcard, like...let's say, a M-Audio 1010LT. For years, I was getting better functionality, drivers, music playback, etc over ANYTHING Creative made, even the Audigy 2 ZS. My card doesn't have EAX or a dedicated APU, but still holds up very well for all applications. It also has support for GSIF and insanely low latency ASIO drivers (near 0), along with a whole new bag of chips. Runs with programs like Gigastudio and Sonar 4 Producer. Anyone up for trying to convince me the X-Fi will be the better overall investment?

P.S. I play Battlefield 2. Hehe.
    http://www.jaredhudson.com

Big Kahuna Burger: Intel Core i9 9940x * ASUS X299 Deluxe II * Noctua NH-D15S w/ Chromax * 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200 * EVGA RTX 2070S XC * 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 * 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD * 2TB WD Blue SSD * 3TB Seagate Cuda Compute HDD * Universal Audio Arrow * ASUS Thunderbolt EX 3 * Sony Optiarc DVD-RW * SeaSonic Prime 750W Platinum PSU * Fractal Design R6 (Arctic) * Dual Dell U2718Q 27" 4K Ultrasharp * Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 Touch * Windows 10 Pro

I just bought the X-FI XtremeMusic and for me, it's a whole new level of immersive sound when playing games. I am really happy with it. I notice a huge difference over the Audiology 2 that I was using before.
    Intel Core 2 Dou E7500 2.93ghz
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    G.SKILL PI Black 8GB (4 x 2GB) RAM
    EVGA GTX 560 1024mb
    3X Western Digital 640gb SATA HDD (32mb cache)
    X-FI XtremeMusic + Logitech 5300e 5.1 Spkrs
    CD-DVD-RW
    Antec Nine Hundred Case
    Antec TruePower Trio 650 PSU
    Dell 23 inch WS LCD - SR2320L

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    I just bought the X-FI XtremeMusic and for me, it's a whole new level of immersive sound when playing games. I am really happy with it. I notice a huge difference over the Audiology 2 that I was using before.
    Gotta agree this is one sweet card , and anyone who knows me knows how much i disliked Creative Cards in the past , they got it right this time

Quote Originally Posted by fxscreamer
    Anyone up for trying to convince me the X-Fi will be the better overall investment?

P.S. I play Battlefield 2. Hehe.
    My take.
    From all the reviews I've read, Creative has put out a very nice card.
    From some of the user comments, it seems they have also gotten the driver issues from previous cards squared away.
    That this card games good should be a given as Creative was always known as a gamers card.
    That said.
    Am I going to dump my Terratec and run out and get one?
    No.
    One of the main functionalities I need is rca in w/phono pre-amp. (Gotta' have my turn table)
    As near as I can tell, the Elite Pro @ $400.00 is the only flavor that has this.
    And even if the Platinum does (none of the reviews mentions this) @ $200.00 I'm not going to spend that kind of money for a feature I already have.
    I too play BF2 with hardware acceleration and EAX enabled. Sounds great.
    I have said all along that if you are a gamer, go Creative.
    If music is your primary bent, there are other solutions.
    It looks to me that Creative has put together a package that offers a balance between both worlds.
    You can't knock Creative for the time and money they spent taking consumer audio up another level.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by fireman_x
    If anyone here produces music and has used one of these new Creative cards, please tell us how is compares to other professional cards.
    I too am interested.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

just got my shipping confirmation, should be here by thursday. woot!
    Lian-Li PC-7 w/see through side
    Asus nforce2 A7N8X Deluxe
    AMD ATHLON XP 2800+ Barton
    2x 1GB pqi PC2700
    ATI AIW X800XT 256MB
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
    Antec P/S 380W ATX12V
    VANTEC AeroFlow VA4-C7040
    Pioneer DVD-120 DVD-ROM
    BenQ DW1640 DL DVD+R
    200GB Seagate HDD

1-0-0 Heatware

After all the glowing reports from you guys can someone explain why most reviews I read end with the conclusion below?

"Considering this is such a major architectural change for Creative, we can’t help but feel somewhat under whelmed by all the hype. The X-Fi is an impressive audio card, but the new audio processor architecture does little for the average gamer / music fan, and the hardcore enthusiasts are still left without the features they’ve been asking for. While Creative has made solid improvements in many areas (most notably software), the X-Fi does not provide the dramatic quality increases over previous generation Audigy cards which one would expect. Of course, these are just the first series of X-Fi products, and judging by the lifespan of the Live! and Audigy products, it’s likely we’ll be seeing new and improved X-Fi products for a long, long time."

Quote Originally Posted by gundersausage
    After all the glowing reports from you guys can someone explain why most reviews I read end with the conclusion below?

"Considering this is such a major architectural change for Creative, we can’t help but feel somewhat under whelmed by all the hype. The X-Fi is an impressive audio card, but the new audio processor architecture does little for the average gamer / music fan, and the hardcore enthusiasts are still left without the features they’ve been asking for. While Creative has made solid improvements in many areas (most notably software), the X-Fi does not provide the dramatic quality increases over previous generation Audigy cards which one would expect. Of course, these are just the first series of X-Fi products, and judging by the lifespan of the Live! and Audigy products, it’s likely we’ll be seeing new and improved X-Fi products for a long, long time."
    sounds to me like the person did not know how to tweak the card , I kinda wondered at 1st the same but as I got into the controls of the FX I found that their are many ways to set it up depending one ones personal taste . I had to select gamming mode to realy appreciate the card in games , I suspect that who ever did that review just did not set it up and their are driver updates that were just released that realy do the card justice . The drivers on the CD well , while they work fine , are not as good as the newer ones
    Just my opinion, I dont claim to be any expert